Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice race
Old 08-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by big hammer
i dunno--- on e\t streets i have no trouble launching on a cold night
He said Nittos and in the cold Nittos are just as hard as your average brick.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by V8-BAIT
haha, word. my evo is bone stock.

kiiiidcamaro98 lmk when you wanna dig it again, i'd love to hand your *** to you again

Easy there killer. Remember its always easy to get a slow car to hook up on the street from a dead stop.

You see what I did there?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
He said Nittos and in the cold Nittos are just as hard as your average brick.
that's why i love my mickeys
Old 08-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Teching In

Easy there killer. Remember its always easy to get a slow car to hook up on the street from a dead stop.

Esp with a stock clutch. The clutch will slip before the tires let lose.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
that's why i love my mickeys
my buddy had Mickeys on his pulled/ported cobra and we were out playing on the highway and within a few runs they were all warped and torn up and ****....and they were spinning until 80mph or so. They were like driving on water...after seeing that, I wont get mickeys.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not only are the evo9s awd they also have crazy gearing. Those things are geared to be all over their power range. Not a good street car, plus has no real 6th OD.

I didnt see your video, but I raced my buddy a while back in his evo9 from a 4th gear roll.

His car was stock except for a few things like filter, tune and exhaust. We both had slipping clutches, but thats why we did in 4th, less likely to slip.

We lined up and hit, initially I was only going to top 4th, but once we got moving we were neck and neck until I shifted into 5th.

After that I just started pulling him, before I knew it he was one car behind me and we were both in the 140mph area.

I let off and called it a night....

He was disappointed it wasnt a closer finish and said he missed 5th...so whatever, it's no big thing, but I'm sure he wanted to have it as an unofficial win LOL.

He still hasnt replaced his clutch, claiming they are almost impossible to do in the driveway, so he's going to save up and take it to a shop. He recently added some blow off and turned up the boost to 20lbs.

He's aching to do it again, but bring it

He's seen my car move from 2nd in his old DSM (runs 30lbs boost) and it wasnt pretty granted he had no traction. His only win has been a 3rd gear run in the DSM where he pulled me by one car in 4th. Again, I dont know that would be the case with my new clutch.

Plus, I'm looking into a 75-100 shot in case he pulls something sneaky.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Esp with a stock clutch. The clutch will slip before the tires let lose.
surpsingly it burns all 4 at the track... i was cutting 1.7-1.8's consistant you also have to remember this was after a major flooding at my local track.. 4ft under water and they cleaned it up quick. there was dust on the track and everybody was running sub-par.

my car is awd, it will hook fine even if i'm making quite a bit more power than stock

Originally Posted by 2000Z28M6
Not only are the evo9s awd they also have crazy gearing. Those things are geared to be all over their power range. Not a good street car, plus has no real 6th OD.

I didnt see your video, but I raced my buddy a while back in his evo9 from a 4th gear roll.

His car was stock except for a few things like filter, tune and exhaust. We both had slipping clutches, but thats why we did in 4th, less likely to slip.

We lined up and hit, initially I was only going to top 4th, but once we got moving we were neck and neck until I shifted into 5th.

After that I just started pulling him, before I knew it he was one car behind me and we were both in the 140mph area.

I let off and called it a night....

He was disappointed it wasnt a closer finish and said he missed 5th...so whatever, it's no big thing, but I'm sure he wanted to have it as an unofficial win LOL.

He still hasnt replaced his clutch, claiming they are almost impossible to do in the driveway, so he's going to save up and take it to a shop. He recently added some blow off and turned up the boost to 20lbs.

He's aching to do it again, but bring it

He's seen my car move from 2nd in his old DSM (runs 30lbs boost) and it wasnt pretty granted he had no traction. His only win has been a 3rd gear run in the DSM where he pulled me by one car in 4th. Again, I dont know that would be the case with my new clutch.

Plus, I'm looking into a 75-100 shot in case he pulls something sneaky.

sounds like your buddy had an MR (6mt) those tranny's suck, there gearing is awful.

i've got a 5mt in mine, the gears are better but still really short... 4th is ~110 for me for the stock rev limit 5th is overdrive for me. i always stop at my end of 4th.

the 4th in an evo8 is longer and is a better for racing since you can wind out 4th alot longer.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
my buddy had Mickeys on his pulled/ported cobra and we were out playing on the highway and within a few runs they were all warped and torn up and ****....and they were spinning until 80mph or so. They were like driving on water...after seeing that, I wont get mickeys.
really? i have them on my car and truck--- they hook so good around here i would never use anything else. mind you different areas have different types of pavement.

Quick Reply: evo vs ls1 camaro ss from a dig