Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Death Of A Clutch. GTO vs Pro Street Harley & Whipple Lightning. Camaro SS (VIDEO)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009 | 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

Default Death Of A Clutch. GTO vs Pro Street Harley & Whipple Lightning. Camaro SS (VIDEO)

Couple guys from the crew decided to go at it even though both of their cars were hurt. I was asked to bring the Goat and got a few done myself. Ended up getting enough footage for a short vid.

Death Of A Clutch

For reference, Riot-SS' Camaro is on the stock clutch with 36,000mi. H/C/I/E and full suspension is punishing it into the dirt but he cant resist when someone calls out the challenge. SICKBOY and I helped SVTRyan put a nice new Whipple 2.3 twin screw blower on his H/C/I/E Lightning and he wanted a piece even though his stock trans and converter are dying hard. Latest diagnosis for why the Lightning is having trouble at the end (see vid) is a lifted head gasket

Riot should have his new RPS Carbon/Carbon clutch in by next month and hopefully we can work the bugs outta the SVT and get a new trans in it too. Couple other cars in the group getting mods right now as well so stay tuned for another big vid with good racing like the last one, "Anointing The SICK".

Hope you enjoy. Stay safe and keep yankin' em up!

Last edited by CoolAid; 08-21-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-21-2009 | 02:57 PM
Launching!

DAMN the S&S runs!! great vid
Old 08-22-2009 | 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice runs man. get that clutch fixed and do it again.
Old 08-23-2009 | 02:10 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks.

The music isnt everyones cup of tea but I thought Id change it up for this one since its a quick slap together vid of some hurt cars and metal in racing videos is getting a tad played out with me right now. Ill go back to basics when the next big vid is ready.
Old 08-23-2009 | 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Nice vid! Damn I remember when that cd first came out lol!
Old 08-24-2009 | 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

i'm comin for the title coolaid.....good vids btw.....see ya in a month!