Old 08-29-2009, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool vids, nice to be able to actually see something

Jim
Old 08-29-2009, 03:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only way to fit more rubber than 275 in the rear of a GTO is to do a minitub, which I highly doubt that car has. I have drag bags, drag springs and rolled fenders and I can comfortably fit 275's, but no bigger.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Nice vids. Good sound. What's with the GTO drivers ricer flash? lol just had to watch that a few more times. wish we had a spot like that in my area.
lol at the end of the race you can hear my friend in his 03 cobra saying "i will own that ******* gto right now" lmao.. he kinda has bad blood with them and was super pissed i got hazard hahaha
Old 08-30-2009, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
OP, are you tuned?

Tyler
nope, just exhaust
Old 08-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Great runs there! Awesome vid and close races...can't ask for anything more!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

OP nice videos! Thought you were on private property at a race track somewhere at first. More vids coming hopefully??
Originally Posted by ponygt65
FYI for those interested:
Mach owner just posted this on SVTP.com. ONly performance/racing mods were midpipe and catback. STill on stock tune.
All else were appearance mods, lowering springs and rims/tires (street radials)
Yeah, if that was his only mods I got some beach front property to sell you...
I've raced 2 Mach 1's, 4 2010 Mustang GT's (one of them full exhaust n gears) and at least 10 other midly modded newer Mustang GT's and none of them would have done as good as the WS6 did. The stock ones all died badly...
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
OP nice videos! Thought you were on private property at a race track somewhere at first. More vids coming hopefully??

I've raced 2 Mach 1's, 4 2010 Mustang GT's (one of them full exhaust n gears) and at least 10 other midly modded newer Mustang GT's and none of them would have done as good as the WS6 did. The stock ones all died badly...
The mach only has a mid pipe and catback. It runs strong for its mods.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

OH great.......here we go.....yet another n00b that knows all about these cars cause he's raed one or two.

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
The mach only has a mid pipe and catback. It runs strong for its mods.
THank you!.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Teching In

You never know "what" the other guy has on the streets. What one say's is stock, might indicate that the block is. He might have a crap-full of bolt-ons for that matter!! For all intended purposes, I simply lie about certain mods (like many of us do) done to my car for the simple intent of not only winning, but to really impress the other guy. You know he's going to tell his friends. That's how it works. Ive got an 04" Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with a supercharged 6 banger, 4 doors and all. Not very threating. However, I hang out with the LS crowd for a reason (Others on this post can attest). I'll never tell ALL my mods, but when I come around with my grocery-getter late that saturday night, many will recognize it and know its not slow and it's not stock. Winning a street race with a certain Mustang, (or any car for that matter) does not make them all the same. That's foolish thinking AND a good way to lose!!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

strong running cars. whats done to that GTO?
Old 08-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

OH great.......here we go.....yet another n00b that knows all about these cars cause he's raed one or two.
THank you!.
Noob huh? Nice try jughead, I've been racing GM's against Mustangs since the heydey of the 80's. I moved to bikes for a few years, but got the 4wheeled itch and got my GTO. Let me guess: you were still in diapers in the '80s?

Been in, conservatively, 1,500 streetraces. Maybe 100 of them were marked off late night runs for money, 1/4 from a stoplight, majority of the rest from a slow roll. But if it makes you feel superior you can call me a "nOOb" if you want Shetland Pony boy.
Originally Posted by jrgswhitels1
What one say's is stock, might indicate that the block is. He might have a crap-full of bolt-ons for that matter!! For all intended purposes, I simply lie about certain mods (like many of us do) ... Winning a street race with a certain Mustang, (or any car for that matter) does not make them all the same. That's foolish thinking AND a good way to lose!!
Yeah I know, I've more than lost my share of races to guys that said "all I have is slicks n gears, your 12 second Camaro is just slow I guess". But around where I live and run now (North and East of Seattle: Boeing and Microsoft stomping grounds) barely any cars are modded: if they are, its usually just for looks. Seriously, its amazing how very few sports cars are modded here. Dissapointing, actually.

And for the record, my last camaro was stock except for a cam and headers that I did so it would sound cool.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like some pretty evenly matched races there.......great video!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Chances are that Ram-Air T/A, or Camaro SS or KR500 here in Orlando will be full of mods. Everybody's cammed up and modified. Finding a stock one, is like that needle.....
Old 08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jrgswhitels1
Chances are that Ram-Air T/A, or Camaro SS or KR500 here in Orlando will be full of mods. Everybody's cammed up and modified. Finding a stock one, is like that needle.....
Too prove my "nobody mods" point: I have a friend with scads of money who owns a GT500KR. all stock with no plans on modding it. This from a guy who mods the hell out of his bikes, owns and rebuilds honest to god TANKS and ARMORED TRANSPORTS, put a 250hp shot of nitrous on his Viper V10 powered wheely bar equiped Tryke, owns one of the worlds fastest tanks, but leaves his KR stock. Must be something in the air... His Dodge diesel is stock, too, along with his supercharged Rousch F150.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Noob huh? Nice try jughead, I've been racing GM's against Mustangs since the heydey of the 80's. I moved to bikes for a few years, but got the 4wheeled itch and got my GTO. Let me guess: you were still in diapers in the '80s?
Well...for someone who's been around for so long and loves to brag about his 'conservative' street races, I'd have thought you would have mastered reading comprehension by now. Feel free to re-read my post until you get it ok genius.

And...You'd be quite wrong about your assumption on my age. Nice try though.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

cool vid man!! definitely miss tha yay!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Well...for someone who's been around for so long and loves to brag about his 'conservative' street races, I'd have thought you would have mastered reading comprehension by now. Feel free to re-read my post until you get it ok genius.

And...You'd be quite wrong about your assumption on my age. Nice try though.
Reading comprehension? Wasn't gonna go there, but (from the guy who knows all about racing) you spelled "racing" wrong.

As far as my street races: there is vary vary few cars up here that are in the 11's or low 12's to run against. Plenty are no doubt parked in garages, just not on the street.

Unless you count the plethora of high dollar Mercedes, Lamborghini's, Ferrari F430's, McClaren's, Ford GT's, etc. driven by snobs who will never run.

So: I am finishing building a car that is perfectly streetable (20,000 miles a year I will put on it), will be in the low 12's, and I will have a ton of fun racing other legitimate contenders every single week. Unlike if I built a 10 second beast (which I could easily afford to do) that I would have to look hard and long to find suitable competition. Don't know about you, but I prefer the funner, simpler route. If I wanted to race at those speeds, I just need to hop on the ZX-14 and tear up some mountain passes.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Reading comprehension? Wasn't gonna go there, but (from the guy who knows all about racing) you spelled "racing" wrong.

As far as my street races: there is vary vary few cars up here that are in the 11's or low 12's to run against. Plenty are no doubt parked in garages, just not on the street.

Unless you count the plethora of high dollar Mercedes, Lamborghini's, Ferrari F430's, McClaren's, Ford GT's, etc. driven by snobs who will never run.

So: I am finishing building a car that is perfectly streetable (20,000 miles a year I will put on it), will be in the low 12's, and I will have a ton of fun racing other legitimate contenders every single week. Unlike if I built a 10 second beast (which I could easily afford to do) that I would have to look hard and long to find suitable competition. Don't know about you, but I prefer the funner, simpler route. If I wanted to race at those speeds, I just need to hop on the ZX-14 and tear up some mountain passes.
OK....obviously you need some help...so I'll provide that. I don't like seeing n00b's struggle if I can help it.

First off.....typing fast enough to miss one letter is a miss-spelling, not a reading comprehension issue. It would appear that English was not your forte. Sadly, it wasn't mine either, but at least I know what 'reading COMPREHENSION' means. It means: comprehending (or understanding) what it is you are reading.

Case in point; I said:

THank you!.
I used the word "these" that specifically relates to Mach 1's. Your response was bragging about your street racing history and how many runs you have made in various cars. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I posted. Mach 1s are a drivers race with an Fbody. The only difference in those two cars would be the LT's (IIRC while typing this). The Mach probably had wider rubber than the OP did. It's apparent in all your races (street or track: namely track) you haven't learned much about the N/A 32V Modular setup of 03/04.

IE: you were wrong in your comments about the Blue Oval and your ignorance showed.

BTW - Nice 'vary vary' comment. You know the difference in that and "very" right?
And......I'm legitimately interested in your new project. What's your plans?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

OK....obviously you need some help...so I'll provide that. I don't like seeing n00b's struggle if I can help it.

First off.....typing fast enough to miss one letter is a miss-spelling, not a reading comprehension issue. It would appear that English was not your forte. Sadly, it wasn't mine either, but at least I know what 'reading COMPREHENSION' means. It means: comprehending (or understanding) what it is you are reading.

Case in point; I said:

I used the word "these" that specifically relates to Mach 1's. Your response was bragging about your street racing history and how many runs you have made in various cars. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I posted. Mach 1s are a drivers race with an Fbody. The only difference in those two cars would be the LT's (IIRC while typing this). The Mach probably had wider rubber than the OP did. It's apparent in all your races (street or track: namely track) you haven't learned much about the N/A 32V Modular setup of 03/04.

IE: you were wrong in your comments about the Blue Oval and your ignorance showed.

BTW - Nice 'vary vary' comment. You know the difference in that and "very" right?
And......I'm legitimately interested in your new project. What's your plans?
Sorry, but I ran a then new Mach 1 in my brothers bone stock '01 Firebird (non WS6): I beat him off the stoplight by a fender, stayed that way until I hit 5500 in 2nd where I started to pull. By top of third I had a couple cars. My brother ran that 'bird to a 13.2 a few weeks later in 90 deg weather. As far as being so badass: I was going off what your fellow Mustang guys claim: the best pro driver times ever posted was a 13.1 @105. Most real world cars ran mid to high 13's.
http://allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-...-1-4-mile.html
I could be wrong about this, but didnt the 2010 GT come stock with all the upgrades that came on the 2009 Mach 1? Hence a 2010 GT effectively IS the same as running a '09 Mach 1? Thats why I mentioned running the 2010 GT's.

Truce or ya want to keep going?

As for my mild build: LS3 heads (still looking for them: want those LS3 valves), 2600-3000 stall converter (not in a hurry for it, and prefer a smaller stall for streetability). The rest I have: Comp Cams 226/232, .610/.617 112lsa cam, Lingenfelter stud girdle, ported L92 intake, Kooks 1 3/4 LT's with cat'd mids, SLP Predator-(custom tune after heads/cam), White trans ECU at 0% TM, Vavaram over the radiator CAI, full poli suspension front n rear, Pedders rear 0 drop springs with drag bags, autocross spec Potenza RE-01R tires, and some other bits n pieces I cant think of right now. Basing it off of some other members of LS1GTO.com who are getting between 450-500rwhp with similiar setups n cams.

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 08-31-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry, but I ran a then new Mach 1 in my brothers bone stock '01 Firebird (non WS6): I beat him off the stoplight by a fender, stayed that way until I hit 5500 in 2nd where I started to pull. By top of third I had a couple cars. My brother ran that 'bird to a 13.2 a few weeks later in 90 deg weather. As far as being so badass: I was going off what your fellow Mustang guys claim: the best pro driver times ever posted was a 13.1 @105. Most real world cars ran mid to high 13's.
http://allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-...-1-4-mile.html
I could be wrong about this, but didnt the 2010 GT come stock with all the upgrades that came on the 2009 Mach 1? Hence a 2010 GT effectively IS the same as running a '09 Mach 1? Thats why I mentioned running the 2010 GT's.

Truce or ya want to keep going?

As for my mild build: LS3 heads (still looking for them: want those LS3 valves), 2600-3000 stall converter (not in a hurry for it, and prefer a smaller stall for streetability). The rest I have: Comp Cams 226/232, .610/.617 112lsa cam, Lingenfelter stud girdle, ported L92 intake, Kooks 1 3/4 LT's with cat'd mids, SLP Predator-(custom tune after heads/cam), White trans ECU at 0% TM, Vavaram over the radiator CAI, full poli suspension front n rear, Pedders rear 0 drop springs with drag bags, autocross spec Potenza RE-01R tires, and some other bits n pieces I cant think of right now. Basing it off of some other members of LS1GTO.com who are getting between 450-500rwhp with similiar setups n cams.
13.1 is a known time for M5 machs. That's really nothing unheard of or left for pro drivers. Mid/upper 13s is accurate, if we were talking A4 machs. M5's are low/mid 13s (which is what your link states). Quickest known M5 that I've heard of was a 12.9 with only a tri-ax shifter. (not stock I know, but I'm just showing a 'fair' point). Heck there's a member on here that puilled off a 13.15@ ~105.5. And no, a 2010 is not essentially a mach. That is a 3V 281 which is a different animal (without going into detail). The increase in rated HP is due to tuning changes IIRC, but is still an 05-09 powerplant. Similar tranny and rearend though.

As for truce? ANyone on here that knows me will tell you that I'm a reaslistic person no matter the brand and I'm not one for spreading ignorance/ill-knowledge. That's why I made those comments. That would be like me coming in here and saying a WS6 is quicker than a TA or an SS quicker than a Z. We all know that's wrong. So I don't have anything against you parse. Just the incorrect post you made. If you have any Q's on machs, you can always PM me as many members have done. :thumbsup:

Your setup sounds respectable. GL with it and let us know when you have it put together.

Last edited by ponygt65; 09-01-2009 at 12:51 AM.