Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good races
Old 09-05-2009, 10:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Sorry, but I ran a then new Mach 1 in my brothers bone stock '01 Firebird (non WS6): I beat him off the stoplight by a fender, stayed that way until I hit 5500 in 2nd where I started to pull. By top of third I had a couple cars. My brother ran that 'bird to a 13.2 a few weeks later in 90 deg weather. As far as being so badass: I was going off what your fellow Mustang guys claim: the best pro driver times ever posted was a 13.1 @105. Most real world cars ran mid to high 13's.
http://allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-...-1-4-mile.html
I could be wrong about this, but didnt the 2010 GT come stock with all the upgrades that came on the 2009 Mach 1? Hence a 2010 GT effectively IS the same as running a '09 Mach 1? Thats why I mentioned running the 2010 GT's.

Truce or ya want to keep going?

As for my mild build: LS3 heads (still looking for them: want those LS3 valves), 2600-3000 stall converter (not in a hurry for it, and prefer a smaller stall for streetability). The rest I have: Comp Cams 226/232, .610/.617 112lsa cam, Lingenfelter stud girdle, ported L92 intake, Kooks 1 3/4 LT's with cat'd mids, SLP Predator-(custom tune after heads/cam), White trans ECU at 0% TM, Vavaram over the radiator CAI, full poli suspension front n rear, Pedders rear 0 drop springs with drag bags, autocross spec Potenza RE-01R tires, and some other bits n pieces I cant think of right now. Basing it off of some other members of LS1GTO.com who are getting between 450-500rwhp with similiar setups n cams.
you almost described perfectly the race between a stock manual ls1 fbody and a stock manual mach1.

however your wasting your breath on this guy--- he's not a bad dude but if you tell him that ls1>mach1 he gets pretty upset and froths out the n00b word alot.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
however your wasting your breath on this guy--- he's not a bad dude but if you tell him that ls1>mach1 he gets pretty upset and froths out the n00b word alot.
You obviously don't know me very well. Feel free to ask anyone that frequents SRK that's been here a few years. They know I'm VERY realistic and call it how it is. EVEN if that means the mustang go down. The mach and LS Fbod are a drivers race. I can tell by your comments on stangs (machs in particular) you aren't very knowledgeable about them. Too bad you have to speak so negative....we could probably learn a few things from each other.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts

nice races, dang that mustang looked sweet,
Old 09-06-2009, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
You obviously don't know me very well. Feel free to ask anyone that frequents SRK that's been here a few years. They know I'm VERY realistic and call it how it is. EVEN if that means the mustang go down. The mach and LS Fbod are a drivers race. I can tell by your comments on stangs (machs in particular) you aren't very knowledgeable about them. Too bad you have to speak so negative....we could probably learn a few things from each other.
hmmm... so i say you're not a bad dude and you say i dont know you very well... what are you trying to say?

most people (but you) know that an ls1 fbod is faster--- but the mach CAN win, but it needs some sort of advantage (more mods, better driver)

you say i am not very knowledgeable on stangs just because i speak the truth that you do not want to hear.

and yes. every thread about machs that someone says ls1's are faster you do get very upset and froth the n00b word.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

hmmm... so i say you're not a bad dude and you say i dont know you very well... what are you trying to say?

most people (but you) know that an ls1 fbod is faster--- but the mach CAN win, but it needs some sort of advantage (more mods, better driver)

you say i am not very knowledgeable on stangs just because i speak the truth that you do not want to hear.

and yes. every thread about machs that someone says ls1's are faster you do get very upset and froth the n00b word.
Many disagree. They've said as much in threads that you were a part of. You say I'm the one that 'in denial', but I see it the other way around. Plenty of LS Fbod guys know a mach is a driver's race.

And WTH does 'better driver' mean for 'needing more'?

BTW - You do realize a mach is a mid/low 13 car right? (5spd)
Old 09-06-2009, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Many disagree. They've said as much in threads that you were a part of. You say I'm the one that 'in denial', but I see it the other way around. Plenty of LS Fbod guys know a mach is a driver's race.

word-- but a flat\low 13 fbod is greater than a mid\low mach.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Ponygt65 is a legit guy. You guys are full of **** if you do not think a Mach 1 is a drivers race for a F-body with similar mods.

I have lost to a few mach 1's and I have beaten a few mach 1's.

Anyways Pony I liked it more when you had your girlfriends *** as your avatar.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

word-- but a flat\low 13 fbod is greater than a mid\low mach.
Both cars run door-to-door with eachother. How many times does this need to be discussed?

x2
Old 09-06-2009, 03:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
Both cars run door-to-door with eachother. How many times does this need to be discussed?

x2
as much as mach guys claim that--- i have not seen it. maybe a stock manual mach vs a stock a4 ls1--- yeah they could run door to door.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Damn that must be an awesome spot to race.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stock for stock the LS1 and Mach 1 are really REALLY close! Some people say the LS1 has a slight edge, but I beg to differ. My friends 04 Mach 1 has ORX, exhaust, & a filter and he spanks lightly modded LS1's. I've seen him beat a few. He beat me by a car before I had LT's, but I also had a passenger and he didn't, but regardless Mach 1's are QUICK. I used to think they weren't all that fast until I raced my friend who can actually drive one to its potential. He was also dead even with my friends '06 GTO and they were both stock at the time.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

as much as mach guys claim that--- i have not seen it. maybe a stock manual mach vs a stock a4 ls1--- yeah they could run door to door.
Many, many people have.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome place to race! But I think I saw a 10yo girl on rollerblades pass those cars on the big end. Mods guys, mods...stat!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2000SS1979
Ponygt65 is a legit guy. You guys are full of **** if you do not think a Mach 1 is a drivers race for a F-body with similar mods.

I have lost to a few mach 1's and I have beaten a few mach 1's.

x2
Originally Posted by SSmokin99
Stock for stock the LS1 and Mach 1 are really REALLY close! Some people say the LS1 has a slight edge, but I beg to differ. My friends 04 Mach 1 has ORX, exhaust, & a filter and he spanks lightly modded LS1's. I've seen him beat a few. He beat me by a car before I had LT's, but I also had a passenger and he didn't, but regardless Mach 1's are QUICK. I used to think they weren't all that fast until I raced my friend who can actually drive one to its potential. He was also dead even with my friends '06 GTO and they were both stock at the time.
Many, many people have.
Thank you for the kind words guys. We've all beeen there before with the "If I haven't seen it, then it hasn't happened" type mentality. What can you do? Some people just gotta learn on their own and will disagree until that happens.

Oh, and I'll change the avatar. (my GF said thanks for the compliments as well).
Old 09-06-2009, 11:47 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I was riding with my brother-in-law in his 2000 bolt on Z28 when we got a car length put on us from a cai/exhaust Mach 1. We were not gaining either. They are very well matched when stock or lightly modded, I was in the car.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Reading comprehension? Wasn't gonna go there, but (from the guy who knows all about racing) you spelled "racing" wrong.
Not taking sides here, I think all of this is silly. Having said that, there is a difference between reading comprehension and spelling.
First off.....typing fast enough to miss one letter is a miss-spelling, not a reading comprehension issue.
Ah... n/m beat me to it.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:28 AM
TECH Regular

but if you tell him that ls1>mach1 he gets pretty upset and froths out the n00b word alot.
If I was saying a ls1<mach1 I am sure I'd get a lot of zealous foaming at the mouth comments against me as well.. Probably more so.

They are equal cars. A driver's race.

I love the Mach. I'd rather have one of those than a Termi. I know, I know. crazy. But I like Mach's better because it doesn't have the IRS and I am a fan of N/A. That and the shaker hood looks cool, and chicks dig it.

If I were to go back, I would have saved a bit more and bought a Mach instead of my GT.

But since I really don't race it, and it's a DD, the GT is just fine. I wish they'd bring it back. I HOPE they do with the newer platform.

This is nice, but I don't like the color

Old 09-09-2009, 08:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ke^in
If I was saying a ls1<mach1 I am sure I'd get a lot of zealous foaming at the mouth comments against me as well.. Probably more so.

They are equal cars. A driver's race.

I love the Mach. I'd rather have one of those than a Termi. I know, I know. crazy. But I like Mach's better because it doesn't have the IRS and I am a fan of N/A. That and the shaker hood looks cool, and chicks dig it.

If I were to go back, I would have saved a bit more and bought a Mach instead of my GT.

But since I really don't race it, and it's a DD, the GT is just fine. I wish they'd bring it back. I HOPE they do with the newer platform.

This is nice, but I don't like the color

when one car has the ability to trap higher and run quicker that means it's faster. those things alone give it the clear advantage. havent seen to many bone stock machs run 12's around 108 or so. might not be very common but fbody's can do it. one ford guy says machs's run door to door with an ls1 (which most dont) and all of a sudden it's an internet fact. from what i've seen most 4v's are right there till 60-70 mph then the ls1 takes over. or maybe my car is just a freak.

i like mach's too--- in fact i think they do very will with that little engine. they are also a very nice looing car. that and the termi are the only stangs i would consider owning.