Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lemons12 VS LT1 Z28- Ls6, Ms4, PRC stg1s, etc..

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009 | 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

j/k. haha no but really, that might be the worse video i have ever seen. what happened to those good quality ones? oh well, defintely a case of good setup vs. bad setup. 4.10 is a track gear, not for roll racing. jw, whats youre CR those heads? theyre 317s, correct?

good kill man. nothing wrong with a little canabilism.
Old 08-25-2009 | 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

Lemonz12???
What the hell man? Did someone actually take lemons12?
I added you.
Old 08-25-2009 | 02:07 PM
Launching!

I actually was in bed reading this from my iPhone and didn't realize it was an LT1 body w/ an LS6. Damn man, nice kill. That thing will be scary when its running right.
Old 08-25-2009 | 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bjamick
Lemons, is that 7.20 on the spray?

It looks like your car is running well though.
No, that is on motor.

Originally Posted by sujomatt
prob a lot of wind resistance from his windows down AND tops off..? but damn
My windows were down also.. But that is not going to make up for a car length or more of distance no matter.

Originally Posted by WSsick

j/k. haha no but really, that might be the worse video i have ever seen. what happened to those good quality ones? oh well, defintely a case of good setup vs. bad setup. 4.10 is a track gear, not for roll racing. jw, whats youre CR those heads? theyre 317s, correct?

good kill man. nothing wrong with a little canabilism.
I know, only thing we had.. It wasn't really "planned", plus its better than NOTHING!
We both have 3.73s.. His car would be faster, even from a roll, with 410s.
I have a pretty good idea of how to set up an ms4 car.. Like I said, I would have HATED to run into my white one on the street.
I don't know what my CR is. They are hand ported 317s, my tuner says he knows they guy who ported them and has flowed a set of his hand ported heads and they flowed like TOTAL ****.

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Lemonz12???
What the hell man? Did someone actually take lemons12?
I added you.
**** no, long story short.. Had an account at the Ex-girlfriends house.. I cant retrieve it because I don't know her brothers moms email and I'm not about to call and talk to any of them! So lemonz12 it is..

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
I actually was in bed reading this from my iPhone and didn't realize it was an LT1 body w/ an LS6. Damn man, nice kill. That thing will be scary when its running right.
Yea, he pulled the lt1 out a year or two ago? correct me if I'm wrong Rossi.. And put in the Ls6..
Old 08-25-2009 | 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
. I know, only thing we had.. It wasn't really "planned", plus its better than NOTHING!
We both have 3.73s.. His car would be faster, even from a roll, with 410s.
I have a pretty good idea of how to set up an ms4 car.. Like I said, I would have HATED to run into my white one on the street.
I don't know what my CR is. They are hand ported 317s, my tuner says he knows they guy who ported them and has flowed a set of his hand ported heads and they flowed like TOTAL ****.
ha dont ask me where i got that he had 410s from, i must have had a little too much crack today haha. so whats your future plans for the car? 6.0 heads are usually great for FI.......could that be it?
Old 08-25-2009 | 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea i pulled it out and went with an ls6 and i did have a vig 4000 stall in it and decided a yant ss3600 would be better i guess not though
Old 08-25-2009 | 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WSsick
ha dont ask me where i got that he had 410s from, i must have had a little too much crack today haha. so whats your future plans for the car? 6.0 heads are usually great for FI.......could that be it?

The owner before the last one had the 317 head lying around in the garage and he decided he would get them ported/milled and stick on there.. They are definitely better than stock heads but there is major room for improvement.
No plan on FI for this car as of yet. I may at some point down the road go with a single turbo setup by Josh or possibly D1, but who knows... For now this is getting the job done!

Originally Posted by camaro_ss_97
yea i pulled it out and went with an ls6 and i did have a vig 4000 stall in it and decided a yank ss3600 would be better i guess not though
You know how much I liked my Vig. 4000..
Old 08-25-2009 | 05:42 PM

Beautiful run Evan
Old 08-25-2009 | 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Beautiful run Evan
Thanks!

For anyone interested I think we are going to be running again shortly, I remember he said he wanted to work on something and see if it helped any. If so, I will get a better quality video!
Old 08-25-2009 | 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
Thanks!

For anyone interested I think we are going to be running again shortly, I remember he said he wanted to work on something and see if it helped any. If so, I will get a better quality video!
Please do
Old 08-25-2009 | 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Please do

Old 08-25-2009 | 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

For the record....I'll try to get a vid of my up coming race with the ms4 car.
Old 08-27-2009 | 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok well looks like i am going to go with a totally different set up now i am going to get trickflow 220cc w/59cc and vrx5 cam and that will go great with my 3600 stall so i will have a ms4 cam for sale and also tsp ls6 stage 1 ported heads for sale
Old 08-27-2009 | 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by camaro_ss_97
ok well looks like i am going to go with a totally different set up now i am going to get trickflow 220cc w/59cc and vrx5 cam and that will go great with my 3600 stall so i will have a ms4 cam for sale and also tsp ls6 stage 1 ported heads for sale
Wish I could get those heads from you man.. Would be a lot better than what I got but I got no moneys!

I'm still pushing for custom grind!!!!!
Old 09-10-2009 | 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

glad to see the car is still out rackign up kills

Matt
Old 09-10-2009 | 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by camaronut502
glad to see the car is still out rackign up kills

Matt

I've got more, just have not been bored enough to post them up yet..

Treating me pretty good!
Old 09-11-2009 | 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

Great kill. His windows down, top out, and having a passenger could be costing him 2+ cars easily depending on the weight of the passenger. Your top looked like it was in and I didn't notice a passenger in your car but I couldn't really see. Just some info to throw out there. Figure a car length for every 100 pounds roughly so even a light 150 pound passenger will cost at least 1 car length, closer to 2 if it's not such a light passenger. People tend to underestimate how much a passenger affects the outcome of a race, roll or dig.
Old 09-11-2009 | 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Great kill. His windows down, top out, and having a passenger could be costing him 2+ cars easily depending on the weight of the passenger. Your top looked like it was in and I didn't notice a passenger in your car but I couldn't really see. Just some info to throw out there. Figure a car length for every 100 pounds roughly so even a light 150 pound passenger will cost at least 1 car length, closer to 2 if it's not such a light passenger. People tend to underestimate how much a passenger affects the outcome of a race, roll or dig.
Thanks man..

Neither one of us think that the outcome would have been too different.. And I believe from a roll it would have been even worse, I cut 1.50-1.53 short times.. And seeing at the lower speed I jumped even worse immediately......
Even if his windows up ttops in and no passenger gave him two lengths, I still would have been in the lead and pulling up top and probably out of the hole..
With that said, taking into consideration both our setups, he should still pull me.. His car is around 150lbs IIRC lighter than mine is (which would also compensate for the passenger almost).. It just REALLY surprised the both of us.. Hopefully he will get it worked out though!
Old 10-09-2009 | 02:29 PM
Teching In

ok i read your kill stories all the time. I also remember one about a stock mustang that you raced and it crushed you and now it won't race you again. This stock mustang is still waiting for that race havent changed a thing except some suspension upgrades. I see you race your own breed or people you know that you are going to beat. I think you are still traumatized from the last time you seen those tail lights. I know the car you had the first time was stock and from the sound of mine i surely thought you could tell it wasnt stock but you now have your car running alot better so lets get it on. You bring your car slicks nitrous whatever you have doesn't matter i dont want to hear i'm not racing a thirteen second car or take your nitrous off. What you dont post on your kill stories is you pick who you race based on the fact you know you will win. I will race anything anywhere dont care if i get beat the race is fun but i dont pick who i race. I didnt come to you the night we raced you came to me asking if my car was stock i said yes you said wanna race? Now that you know what my car does on the street you dont want anything to do with it. Race me you win you have another kill story to write about you lose you shut up!
Old 10-09-2009 | 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slowgt
ok i read your kill stories all the time. I also remember one about a stock mustang that you raced and it crushed you and now it won't race you again. This stock mustang is still waiting for that race havent changed a thing except some suspension upgrades. I see you race your own breed or people you know that you are going to beat. I think you are still traumatized from the last time you seen those tail lights. I know the car you had the first time was stock and from the sound of mine i surely thought you could tell it wasnt stock but you now have your car running alot better so lets get it on. You bring your car slicks nitrous whatever you have doesn't matter i dont want to hear i'm not racing a thirteen second car or take your nitrous off. What you dont post on your kill stories is you pick who you race based on the fact you know you will win. I will race anything anywhere dont care if i get beat the race is fun but i dont pick who i race. I didnt come to you the night we raced you came to me asking if my car was stock i said yes you said wanna race? Now that you know what my car does on the street you dont want anything to do with it. Race me you win you have another kill story to write about you lose you shut up!
Lmao.. So much BS in this post it isn't even funny.. PM sent..

Quick Reply: Lemons12 VS LT1 Z28- Ls6, Ms4, PRC stg1s, etc..