Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

mr2 vs rx7 (video inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003 | 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

well i dont think it is that small, but man i think any vehicle dwarfs a miata. unless you are a hopeless *** driving a ford festiva or fiesta. maybe a 3 banger geo metro!!
Old 12-27-2003 | 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

I'm a big fan of the RX7 myself. I think they look great but sound like crap. I don't use them in GT3 though. I power my way through in a 1052hp Skyline or a maxed out ZO6.
If I play the game at all lately I have been using the F1 car you win in the endurance race. I've got over 9k miles on mine. It's down on power due to mileage but with the current set-up it's handling suits my driving style perfectly.
I've been playnig PGR2 alot lately. Getting sick of not being able to mod the cars. Waiting for GT4 to come out..... The bastards need to put Pontiac in the game...
Old 12-28-2003 | 01:45 AM
STF Veteran

I've seen the GT4 car list. It is obscene. For LS1 power, I remember either a 1998 or 2000 SS camaro as well as 2002 WS6 are in the game. There are at least a dozen different vettes (no i'm not kidding) ranging from 1955 to 2003 (both z06 and 50th anniversary edition). They went absolutely nuts with the car list, there are well over 500 cars. I'm looking forward to things like the 1999 Saleen S351-R and Shelby 1968 GT-500 KR.

The skyline feels too heavy to me after spending any ammount of time with the rx-7 or the C5R, and the power is so brutal that normally my lap times are only a second or so faster with the stage 4 (1000+ hp) turbo vs the stage 3.

I was playing PGR2 today. I finished up the SUV series, UGH I hate them, even though I had a porsche cayenne (the best of the lot by far). They roll all over the god damn road.
Old 12-28-2003 | 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, the Skyline is a heavy bitch. But if you want to barrel into corners and power your way out it's the best thing going. It's very ugly when I drive it but I can pull quicker times with it than I can with just about any other production car.I tried doing this with the Escudo but I just can't keep up with the thing.It's too much.
Would it kill them to put a WS6 and a Grand Prix GTP in the game?How about Pontiacs classics like the GTO,SD T/A,Turbo T/A,Firebird 400,Swiss Cheese Catalina,etc. The WS6 would be a skin of the Camaro that's simple and the GTP belongs there if you think about the vast number of front drive weenie mobiles they have in their now. Hell even an ecotec powered sunfire belongs there to represent the domestics.These guys desperately need an American automotive advisor.In GT1 they had the Z28 using a 5speed manual. What the ****?

In PGR2 I kinda liked the Cayenne.At that point it was by far the quickest vehicle I had. I just completed the Pacific Muscle series yesterday. I'm a little burnt out now but I plan on getting to American Muscle this evening. I bought this game for the Trans Am but haven't even driven it after 10hrs of gameplay...
Old 12-28-2003 | 05:00 PM
STF Veteran

http://groups.msn.com/GranTurismoThe...t4carlist.msnw Is the first half of the supposed GT4 car list, and

http://groups.msn.com/GranTurismoThe...rlistcont.msnw Is the second half.

I really can't find any gaping holes in the list. All the cars you asked for are in there, although the sunfire and grand prix arn't exactly production versions.

You should give the C5R in GT3 a chance. Mine is tweaked up well over 1000hp, and is both lighter and corners better than my skyline. The power delivery isn't as brutal, although you can't just floor it out of tight turns due to only two wheels driving the car. You'll push hard as hell even with traction control way up.

I think you're going to be dissapointed with the trans am in PGR2. It's not an LS1, it's a 2nd gen car. It handles like complete ***. It does make pretty noises though. I don't remember if it had a big block or not.
Old 12-29-2003 | 12:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Does anyone else feel that the cars in Project Gotham do not feel as real as the cars in GTIII??? Are they going to have street racing in GTIV, and will one be able to turbocharge an LS1 or replace the engine with something diff???