Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I would like to be there if you rent that airport
Old 08-30-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iroc is sick and so is your lambo dude, how much power does it make? that iroc is a nascar type motor or something right?
Old 08-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Launching!

wow..very impressive iroc....to me it looked like he started a 1/4 second behind you off the 3 beep and then still managed to close the gap and then looked like he put a 1/4 car on you before shut down...

Im saying a win for the IROC...

Id love to see the grin on anyones face tieing/beating a ttG..

wheres the vid of him and the zr1...would love to see it
Old 08-30-2009, 10:56 PM

Sick IROC, put a T-56 in that thing and say taillights to the Lambo. How much does the Lambo make btw?
Old 08-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Put a wing on my Lambo and it may fly..

Made 700 rwhp on 10 lbs.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Killemall
wow..very impressive iroc....to me it looked like he started a 1/4 second behind you off the 3 beep and then still managed to close the gap and then looked like he put a 1/4 car on you before shut down...
Ya, it does seem that way. But we were actually even when we shut down. When I shifted into 5th, what he made up was the lead I had on him up to that point and he got directly next to me. When I got back into boost, he stayed directly next to me until he ran out of gear and shut down.

But hell, what do I know, I was looking at the road trying to dodge deers jumping out in front of me..
Old 08-31-2009, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Geez, that's how fast I hope for my car to be one day. Love to see the faces of some SRT10 Vipers and such.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DJ_Seph
Love to see the faces of some SRT10 Vipers and such.
Your hope might come true next weekend..

I am supposed to be running some Venom Viper. We will see if the guy shows up. As always, it will be caught on tape. I am also hoping for that ZR1to be finished this week so we can also get a re-run in the weekend. Lastly, I will more than likely get another run in with the IROC so we can get a clear cut winner.

In the meantime, I am getting a TH400 trans in my car..LOL (kidding)
Old 08-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing first: Fadi, you're one seriously cool dude, Lambo owner or not you come off as a good guy. That lambo of yours is seriously fast! You having any problems with the transmission or IRS handling all that power? What do there full race Gallardo's make horsepower-wise? I would be paranoid pushing something like that to its limits like you are! You're gonna add "Just one more psi..." and the whole carbon fiber body is going to go POOF! into a pile of carbon fiber strands! lol j/k

Originally Posted by Fadi
What's the protocol to go about renting an airport?? Anyone know? I mean, what do I do just call the airport and say.."Hey, shut down all the airlines for a day so I can race on your runway"..?? LOL
not too difficult. Find a small regional airport: one that has a fire department or at least ambulance/paramedics onsite: talk to the field operations officer/manager about possible ways n days you could make it work after or before there normal operations- that way the guys needed can just come in early or stay late.

Some things to keep in mind: If the airfield follows protocol (the more remote and smaller of an airfield, the less chance they will be so strict) they will need two main things before the insurance requirements would be met: Paramedics with accident gear (jaws of life, etc. that fireman normally carry) or Fire Department rig. If the airfield has a tower, a air traffic controller to make sure no planes attempt to land on your heads. Figure if you cant get them to stay and work an extra hour after there normal hours, you will be on the hook for at least $500 for them, and another $250+ (cash) to rent the field. Yes cash, and dont expect a reciept has been my experience.

Get a group of 4-6 cars together to split the costs so that they are all vested in the process. There will be alot of things to do: a wait period after last plane lands to ensure airspace and aproach pattern is clear and landing lights off. A FOD walkdown will be needed afterwards (Foreign Object Debris= FOD. Looking for anything that could be injested into a jet engine or hit a prop and damage it like screws n bolts and chunks of tire rubber. Give yourself 30minutes minimum for that.). Multiple runs will be required to both find your braking markers to slow down at, and to find any bad sections of tarmac before you are at 170+mph. You will be suprised how bumpy and uneven most old runways are. "Grin and bear it" comes to mind as you're bouncing along. The braking markers truly are the biggest deal though. Never yet seen a runway where you could actually see where it ended: usually the road just kinda dissapears shockingly fast into what is normally thin air from the raised embankment of the runway. Scary when you are full brakes already and cut it close. DONT cut it close!

Originally Posted by SneakySSnake
Sick IROC, put a T-56 in that thing and say taillights to the Lambo. How much does the Lambo make btw?
You're somehow under the impression a T-56 is going to #1- handle that power, or #2- be faster than a race kitted auto trans? Not at those power levels.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
First thing first: Fadi, you're one seriously cool dude, Lambo owner or not you come off as a good guy. That lambo of yours is seriously fast! You having any problems with the transmission or IRS handling all that power? What do there full race Gallardo's make horsepower-wise? I would be paranoid pushing something like that to its limits like you are! You're gonna add "Just one more psi..." and the whole carbon fiber body is going to go POOF! into a pile of carbon fiber strands! lol j/k

not too difficult. Find a small regional airport: one that has a fire department or at least ambulance/paramedics onsite: talk to the field operations officer/manager about possible ways n days you could make it work after or before there normal operations- that way the guys needed can just come in early or stay late.

Some things to keep in mind: If the airfield follows protocol (the more remote and smaller of an airfield, the less chance they will be so strict) they will need two main things before the insurance requirements would be met: Paramedics with accident gear (jaws of life, etc. that fireman normally carry) or Fire Department rig. If the airfield has a tower, a air traffic controller to make sure no planes attempt to land on your heads. Figure if you cant get them to stay and work an extra hour after there normal hours, you will be on the hook for at least $500 for them, and another $250+ (cash) to rent the field. Yes cash, and dont expect a reciept has been my experience.

Get a group of 4-6 cars together to split the costs so that they are all vested in the process. There will be alot of things to do: a wait period after last plane lands to ensure airspace and aproach pattern is clear and landing lights off. A FOD walkdown will be needed afterwards (Foreign Object Debris= FOD. Looking for anything that could be injested into a jet engine or hit a prop and damage it like screws n bolts and chunks of tire rubber. Give yourself 30minutes minimum for that.). Multiple runs will be required to both find your braking markers to slow down at, and to find any bad sections of tarmac before you are at 170+mph. You will be suprised how bumpy and uneven most old runways are. "Grin and bear it" comes to mind as you're bouncing along. The braking markers truly are the biggest deal though. Never yet seen a runway where you could actually see where it ended: usually the road just kinda dissapears shockingly fast into what is normally thin air from the raised embankment of the runway. Scary when you are full brakes already and cut it close. DONT cut it close!

You're somehow under the impression a T-56 is going to #1- handle that power, or #2- be faster than a race kitted auto trans? Not at those power levels.
Thanks for all that, bro. Appreciate it.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

No problem. I've been lucky, friends and coworkers had the hookup with the airfield guys and it was usually free. Getting the fire department guys to stay is usually easy: they want to watch the runs themselves! For that matter, put a camera and walky-talky into there hands and they can be your finish line spotters. Air traffic controller is not strictly required by the FAA: a runway with its lights in "closed runway" mode is off limits for planes anyways. Normally the runway lights go red in a (from the air) giant X marking it as closed.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:31 AM
Staging Lane

One more thing to push you into doing the field rental thing <wink wink>: I have been a part of, or known guys that did, rent airfields at these locations: Memphis, TN., Orlando, FL., Whidbey Island, WA., El Toro, CA., Orange County, CA., Lemoore, CA. It wasnt just one odd ball airport that slipped the rules! Caveat: last time was a year ago and took some searching to find one willing to rent (outside of El Toro marine base in southern Cali, rented by some guys I know who make racing videos)
Old 08-31-2009, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

Yeah thats right because T56 cant hold 800whp
And Im sure an TH400 is faster on the highway than a 6-speed
You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Not trying to hijack the thread though, sorry and please continue Fadi.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Nice vid Fadi. You plan on taking that thing to the track to get a time?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Now see that Fadi? ask and you shall recieve haha fyi i have the biggest **** eating grin on my face right now. LOL.

So will you seriously consider some daytime runway runs? video and all, if i lived up there id join you but yeah.........

Oh and if the airport officials dont want to cooperate ive found a few loose 100 dollar bills come in handy. If I was you I would look around to find the runway in the best condition, S & S is right, a lot of the older ones can be pretty rough. The Texas A&M car club runs on a retired military field and parts of it are so rough there unusable for the races
Old 09-01-2009, 07:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fadi
Thanks man. Yes, I raised the boost about 2 lbs. Man, I am playing with some major fire, LOL. 11:1 CR with 12 lbs. of boost..

Fadi, nice run. Do you have tuning software that allows you to log what's happening during WOT under boost? That extra 2 psi may actually be losing some power; added heat may be causing knock reduction...etc.. Do you have meth injection + an intercooler? Even 10 psi on 11:1 CR is . You're a Wild man....I love it!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Indykid
Nice vid Fadi. You plan on taking that thing to the track to get a time?
Thanks. I am not much of a drag racer, so probably not.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
Now see that Fadi? ask and you shall recieve haha fyi i have the biggest **** eating grin on my face right now. LOL.

So will you seriously consider some daytime runway runs? video and all, if i lived up there id join you but yeah.........
Yes, I might have to get some day time runs to show a clear cut winner. This race was too even to distingusigh a clear cut winner, especially at night time. When we let off the gas, imo, we were directly next to each other. You can actually see this in the video if you really analyze it (Look at side markers, taillights, etc.)

Last edited by Fadi; 09-01-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Fadi, nice run. Do you have tuning software that allows you to log what's happening during WOT under boost? That extra 2 psi may actually be losing some power; added heat may be causing knock reduction...etc.. Do you have meth injection + an intercooler? Even 10 psi on 11:1 CR is . You're a Wild man....I love it!
I don't think I am losing power because a) I can monitor my AFR via AFR gauge and b) I am spraying meth so my intake charge is pretty cool and c) Yes, I have IC's.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is yours one of the old rwd or the newer AWD? either way that thing is a monster!

12 lbs of boost on 11:1 CR! i know theres gotta be plenty of aftermarket heads/pistons for lambos so you can lower that keep posting these vids man! we all love a nicely modded exotic! (and some pics of your car wouldnt hurt...)