Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

TT Lambo vs. Modded ZR1..*Video*

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorday
It's time to pull the blower off the car and put it down in the basement where it belongs, lol.

Forget the basement, I'll send you my home address where you can ship it to me.

But on a more serious note, nice job to both of you, I can't seem to watch these videos enough.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

If that's the same two cars I saw a vid of awhile back, then that ZR1 is catching up nicely in the performance department. For a couple pulleys, bolt-ons and a tune not to shabby at all. Anyone have any idea what either one of these two run in the quarter, or put down on the rollers for that matter?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oddwraith
If that's the same two cars I saw a vid of awhile back, then that ZR1 is catching up nicely in the performance department. For a couple pulleys, bolt-ons and a tune not to shabby at all. Anyone have any idea what either one of these two run in the quarter, or put down on the rollers for that matter?
It was in the thread earlier, 700awhp and 610 rwhp neither have ran in the 1/4 and I hate how that question always comes up in the street racing section .. they obviously arn't made to run from a dig in a straight line these are high speed roll racers, should be asking how many sec. it takes to get from 60-120
Old 09-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Launching!

id guess 10.6 at 137 for the tt lambo and 10.3 at 134 for the zr1..far and away from a 8 anything....

The zr1 would just hit it's power harder and faster..of course shortly after the 1/4 mile the ttlambo would stretch it's legs and jog away..

your talking about 0-150 mph in 14.0 seconds for the lambo and 15.5 for the ZR1...

I seriously doubt even 9's..let alone 8's....
Old 09-09-2009, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Super Slow SS
It was in the thread earlier, 700awhp and 610 rwhp neither have ran in the 1/4 and I hate how that question always comes up in the street racing section .. they obviously arn't made to run from a dig in a straight line these are high speed roll racers, should be asking how many sec. it takes to get from 60-120
The dyno where my car made its runs was a mustang dyno, and some of its numbers seem low even for a mustang dyno. The owner of the shop told me that he has seen many C6Z06s with full bolt ons and a cam fail to reach 500 rwhp on this dyno. A lingenfelter 630 hp package C6Z made 480 rwhp there.

I agree they are high speed cars, especially the Gallardo...the faster you go the more that thing will put a hurting on you. As you can see in the video, he was about pull about 10+ cars on me in a matter of seconds after he shifted into 5th just before we shut it down.

The Gallardo was fast up high even before the turbos. I think the Gallardo was faster above 120 mph than my 08 Viper and would have pulled the viper easy at those speeds, don't you think Fadi?
Originally Posted by Killemall
id guess 10.6 at 137 for the tt lambo and 10.3 at 134 for the zr1..far and away from a 8 anything....

The zr1 would just hit it's power harder and faster..of course shortly after the 1/4 mile the ttlambo would stretch it's legs and jog away..

your talking about 0-150 mph in 14.0 seconds for the lambo and 15.5 for the ZR1...

I seriously doubt even 9's..let alone 8's....
Agreed, 8s is out of the question. I think a TT Gallardo needs to be able to run at least 150+ mph in the 1/4 to make it out of the 10s, but maybe Fadi can confirm this.

I doubt my car is 9 second capable, and Fadi didn't think it could go that quick when he rode in it, either. Although, the guys that tuned my car said he honest to god thought the car is capable of 9s with the right guy banging gears in it.

I do feel that your mph guesses might be low, though. Avg stock 1/4 mile mph for a stock ZR1 seems to be in the area of 128-131. There are areas in my power curves where I picked up 125 rwhp in 170 rwtq. There was a stock ZR1 behind me and Fadi when we ran, and the guys driving it said they couldn't stay within 20 cars of us when we took off. I also have lightweight 18" rear wheels and skinny front runners that weigh less than 1/2 of what the stock front tire/wheel weighs.

With that much gained on the dyno in my car and shedding 50+ lbs of rolling mass in those wheels, I hope I picked up more than 3-4 mph in the 1/4.

Easy way to solve this would be to hit the track, but I doubt my clutch will give me a full pass with the ET streets. It's slipping already just during these roll on runs. When I just flat foot the gas pedal in 3rd the clutch pedal is 1/2 way sunk to the floor by the time it's time to make the gear change to 4th. I'm disappointed as I was expecting more capacity than this out of the stock ZR1 twin disc unit. 120k and they still cant put a real clutch in the car.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Sick cars, looks like Fadi never lose...
Old 09-09-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

true...Theres a big difference between street setup and 1/4 setup.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

The Gallardo was fast up high even before the turbos. I think the Gallardo was faster above 120 mph than my 08 Viper and would have pulled the viper easy at those speeds, don't you think Fadi?
I think a stock Gallardo might get from 150-200 faster than a Viper. But, that is just a guess. But no one in their right minds (unless it is me, haha) will race from a 150-200. even I think that is crazy..

Agreed, 8s is out of the question. I think a TT Gallardo needs to be able to run at least 150+ mph in the 1/4 to make it out of the 10s, but maybe Fadi can confirm this.
Ya, I agree. The Gallardo is the worst drag car ever made. With a 173 mph trap, it couldn't make it into the 8's. It is FAR, far from a drag car.

I doubt my car is 9 second capable, and Fadi didn't think it could go that quick when he rode in it, either
I think with your out of this world shifting and a 1.6 60', you will run DEEP in the 10's (10.0-10.3) Just my guess, but I have no idea.

I do feel that your mph guesses might be low, though. Avg stock 1/4 mile mph for a stock ZR1 seems to be in the area of 128-131. There are areas in my power curves where I picked up 125 rwhp in 170 rwtq. There was a stock ZR1 behind me and Fadi when we ran, and the guys driving it said they couldn't stay within 20 cars of us when we took off. I also have lightweight 18" rear wheels and skinny front runners that weigh less than 1/2 of what the stock front tire/wheel weighs.
Ya, that mph is way too low. I would guess you are around 137-138, MAYBE 140 in the 1/4. Your car is fast!!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

dayum you cold hearted bastard..still got a ruffle in your feather i see..but it's kool...were all entitled to our own opinions...I still stand by my opinion that the zr1 will be the faster 1/4 mile car.
If you were driving the Lambo, no doubt. If the drivers were equal, doubtful. The ruffle in his feather was caused by you so I guess you'll just have to get over that.

Fadi great runs and nice vid. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:12 AM
Launching!

The dyno where my car made its runs was a mustang dyno, and some of its numbers seem low even for a mustang dyno. The owner of the shop told me that he has seen many C6Z06s with full bolt ons and a cam fail to reach 500 rwhp on this dyno. A lingenfelter 630 hp package C6Z made 480 rwhp there.

I agree they are high speed cars, especially the Gallardo...the faster you go the more that thing will put a hurting on you. As you can see in the video, he was about pull about 10+ cars on me in a matter of seconds after he shifted into 5th just before we shut it down.

I doubt my car is 9 second capable, and Fadi didn't think it could go that quick when he rode in it, either. Although, the guys that tuned my car said he honest to god thought the car is capable of 9s with the right guy banging gears in it.

With that much gained on the dyno in my car and shedding 50+ lbs of rolling mass in those wheels, I hope I picked up more than 3-4 mph in the 1/4.

Easy way to solve this would be to hit the track, but I doubt my clutch will give me a full pass with the ET streets. It's slipping already just during these roll on runs. When I just flat foot the gas pedal in 3rd the clutch pedal is 1/2 way sunk to the floor by the time it's time to make the gear change to 4th. I'm disappointed as I was expecting more capacity than this out of the stock ZR1 twin disc unit. 120k and they still cant put a real clutch in the car.

well...128-131 is what the faster guys in the better da's are trapping..plenty of 125-128 mph people out their in ZR1's at regular tracks with average drivers..

I know nonthing about your driving or what track you go to..But I do know fadi is a decent driver 1/4 mile wise and his stock Z06 was only able to muster about 125ish dead stock..Think he hit 126 mph after he modded the car ever so slightly..

Given his driving ability and the fact that this was with the lightest of all C6Z06's the 2006 model I would be very surprised if you could have hit a 128 mph dead stock in the zr1 at the same track as the zr1's have proven to be very little and if any faster than the 2006Z06's..maybe 2-3 mph higher trapp speeds...

so while 100ish more rwhp may seem a huge thing...
assuming a average weight of 3300 pounds...

-In a 100 mph trapping car 100 rwhp will make it a 112 mph trapping car

-in a 110 mph trapping car 100 rwhp will make it a 120 mph trapping car

-in a 120 mph trapping car 100 rwhp will make it a 128 mph trapping car

-in a 130 mph trapping car 100 rwhp will make it a 136 mph trapping car...

you see what Im saying...Since Im assuming you would have trapped 128ish stock then I assume around 134ish modded...

Sure in a negative DA with Jamie driving then a 140 mph trapp could be "possible" but Im just being realistic...

At this point I would give my left nut for a 130-140 mph trapping car...

Question...what did you find faster..the 08 Viper or the ZR1? You ever write any reviews? Im very interested
Old 09-10-2009, 05:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i wouldnt say the gallardo is the worst drag car ever, underground seems to have made one pretty fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwIniaHIUE
Old 09-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Teching In

You guys seem to forget that Fadi was at 10lb of boost in the first race and had Jorday by a football field or more. Second race if Fadi would of been at the same boost level the ZR1 would of beat him, but Fadi bumped the boost up to 14lb and it was still a win for Fadi but didn't run away with it like the first race. Fadi new Jorday was coming out swinging and didn't that any chances. I would of done the same thing, My hats off to both of them.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Staging Lane

well...128-131 is what the faster guys in the better da's are trapping..plenty of 125-128 mph people out their in ZR1's at regular tracks with average drivers..

I know nonthing about your driving or what track you go to..But I do know fadi is a decent driver 1/4 mile wise and his stock Z06 was only able to muster about 125ish dead stock..Think he hit 126 mph after he modded the car ever so slightly..

Given his driving ability and the fact that this was with the lightest of all C6Z06's the 2006 model I would be very surprised if you could have hit a 128 mph dead stock in the zr1 at the same track as the zr1's have proven to be very little and if any faster than the 2006Z06's..maybe 2-3 mph higher trapp speeds...

you see what Im saying...Since Im assuming you would have trapped 128ish stock then I assume around 134ish modded...

Sure in a negative DA with Jamie driving then a 140 mph trapp could be "possible" but Im just being realistic...

At this point I would give my left nut for a 130-140 mph trapping car...

Question...what did you find faster..the 08 Viper or the ZR1? You ever write any reviews? Im very interested
This is what is so annoying about your posts, dude. All you do is specualte numbers, numbers, numbers. First of all, my bone stock Z06 hit 126.7 mph. Second of all, look at the video and listen to Jordan shift. You tell me what kind of a driver he is. Third, Jordan ran an 11.3 in a near bone stock Z06 on a tire. In other words, he wil be able to muster out the best possible times out of the ZR1 and I will bet it will be more than your projected 134 mph. Lastly, the only people that say the ZR1 is barely faster than the Z06 are the people that wish they had a ZR1, are in denial about the ZR1 being the new king of the hill, can't afford a ZR1, all of the above, or some of the above. Period. The only time a Z06 might be close is if it's a) falling off of a cliff b) dragged by Veyron or c) the ZR1 ran multiple times back to back which caused it to heat soak and immediately got a run in with the Z06. Jordan and I have a lot of experience in these cars and we will both tell you that stock for stock, a ZR1 will crush a Z06.

I will answer for Jorday as he will tell you the same thing regarding your ZR1 vs. Viper question. A ZR1 would *** RAPE an 08 Viper, especially as speeds increase.

Jordan, how did I do??..

Last edited by Fadi; 09-10-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sponge Vette
You guys seem to forget that Fadi was at 10lb of boost in the first race and had Jorday by a football field or more. Second race if Fadi would of been at the same boost level the ZR1 would of beat him, but Fadi bumped the boost up to 14lb and it was still a win for Fadi but didn't run away with it like the first race. Fadi new Jorday was coming out swinging and didn't that any chances. I would of done the same thing, My hats off to both of them.
You are half right. What everyone seems to forget is that the first race I was able to stretch the Gallardo's legs out and we raced to 200 mph. Not taking ANYTHING away from Jorday's car becuase it is BAD *** and a very fast car, but had we gone to 200 mph again, the Gallardo would have been significantly ahead. Just watch our video again and watch how hard I started to pull as speeds increased. I am sure even Jorday will attest to this.

But again, not taking anything away from Jordan's car as I am positive it will butt plug 99.999% of the cars that will cross path with it on the street.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

The 2006 Z06 is is only 2 mph slower than the ZR1? I've done a fair amount of drag racing in a C6Z, and that seems very unlikely to me, but who knows. After owning a ZR1 for a season it's actually hard for me to imagine a stock C6Z running within 5 mph of a ZR1 same track, same day, equal drivers.

As far as trap speed goes, my 2007 Z06 when modded ran over 130 mph on multiple occasions with a best mph of 133. I can tell you right now that car would not stay within 10 cars of my modded ZR1 to 150.

Fadi is right about the 08 viper. Fadi drove my viper several times and also my ZR1 when it was stock, and you can tell just from driving them that the ZR1 is stronger. We also already made several runs to test this. ZR1 wins by 3 cars to 150 mph, maybe even 4 cars.

Just to illustrate, another buddy of ours has a car that was able to pull 2 cars on my viper every time. I raced that same guy with my ZR1 when it was one day old and had 100 miles on it and beat him by 1.5-2 cars.

Originally Posted by Sponge Vette
Right, but one other thing to consider is that the race was from different speeds last time.
Originally Posted by Fadi
This is what is so annoying about your posts, dude. All you do is specualte numbers, numbers, numbers. First of all, my bone stock Z06 hit 126.7 mph. Second of all, look at the video and listen to Jordan shift. You tell me what kind of a driver he is. Third, Jordan ran an 11.3 in a near bone stock Z06 on a tire. In other words, he wil be able to muster out the best possible times out of the ZR1 and I will bet it will be more than your projected 134 mph. Lastly, the only people that say the ZR1 is barely faster than the Z06 are the people that wish they had a ZR1, are in denial about the ZR1 being the new king of the hill, can't afford a ZR1, all of the above, or some of the above. Period. The only time a Z06 might be close is if it's a) falling off of a cliff b) dragged by Veyron or c) the ZR1 ran multiple times back to back which caused it to heat soak and immediately got a run in with the Z06. Jordan and I have a lot of experience in these cars and we will both tell you that stock for stock, a ZR1 will crush a Z06.

I will answer for Jorday as he will tell you the same thing regarding your ZR1 vs. Viper question. A ZR1 would *** RAPE an 08 Viper, especially as speeds increase.

Jordan, how did I do??..
You did good, man.

Only addition to your post I will make is that the time I ran in my old bolt on Z06 was a 11.20 at 133 on a pass when I was intentionally trying to take it easy on the clutch. I believe that is the highest mph ever recorded in a C6Z without a cam or power adder. That was some good air that day, i think it was 29 degrees out or something insane like that. But I will say right here I think a stock ZR1 would beat my old car.

I also agree, it's only a few C6Z owners trying to convince everyone that the ZR1 is barely faster and that they somehow managed to stay even with a ZR1 in a street race. On dyno runs I've seen, the ZR1 makes about 80-90 more peak rwhp than any stock C6Z, and let's not even compare the average hp and torque numbers since the LS9 will makes the LS7 look silly in that department.

Fadi and I called out any stock or bolt on C6Z owner that thinks they could beat or even tie my stock ZR1, and the funny thing was we got a total of 0 PMs. I wonder why. Probably because they knew the truth, that they would get their *** beat.
Originally Posted by Fadi
You are half right. What everyone seems to forget is that the first race I was able to stretch the Gallardo's legs out and we raced to 200 mph. Not taking ANYTHING away from Jorday's car becuase it is BAD *** and a very fast car, but had we gone to 200 mph again, the Gallardo would have been significantly ahead. Just watch our video again and watch how hard I started to pull as speeds increased. I am sure even Jorday will attest to this.
haha, I already did attest to it.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Like Fadi said the ZR1s are faster than the Z06 no question, the only reason we have not seen a faster time yet is that there are not many making it out to the track with experienced drivers or that have run in the magic conditions yet. To illustrate this, I (a guy who can count on one hand the number of times I have been to the strip in a manual tranny car in the past 10 years) currently have the quickest bone stock ZR1 1/4 time of 11.05 @ 129.1mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjHb7blvpWg

I did this on my first day ever running the car at the track. My shifting on that run is was not near as good as Jorday can do. For comparison on the same track, same day, same lane, within about 30 mins dgdoc (#7 on the stock Z06 fast list at corvetteforum) ran his personal best of 11.42 @ 124.8 mph in his bone stock '06 C6 Z06. Dgdoc is a much more experienced drag racer than me. I see no reason why Jorday would not be able to get a stock one into the low 130s mph and 137mph with the way is car is now.

Last edited by racerns; 09-10-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Yup. I agree with all replies.

Killemall, I am willing to bet that Jordan's car as it sits now will hit 137 mph traps no problem, and I am willing to say on a cool Septmber night, it might just do better. I guess there is only one way to find out..
Old 09-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by racerns
Excellent..
Old 09-10-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well thanks. It comes up in the street racing section because it is a way to gain knowledge of relative and comparible data between vehicles. Something to go off when comparing rides, that's all. No one said they were made to run from a dig man, relax.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Fadi - I'd be shocked if you weren't trapping around 143mph. ET is irrelevant in your case.