Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 cammed ss vs. 2.4 kb cobra VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009 | 04:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSIRBY
thanks guys. i dont do roll racing. autos dont do that well roll racing unless you have a manual valve body. i'm sure when he gets the front adj struts, will help him hook better. they want a rematch, just in a different location. probably setting me up. and yes i launched at 2k and hooked so i didnt lay all the way in it right of hand. i wished i could, would've been a lot worse for the cobra. and if yall want, i will run to 140-150. i held him off a pretty good ways i think. and i stated that he spun, no need to say that he did cause i already have. spinning aint winning. of course you all know that.

the funny thing is, the driver of the cobra called my buddy up and bet 100. he had to go to the atm cause he thought he was taking home some money.

Where I'm from, if you get your race I get mine afterwards. Especially if we are running for $. I'm all for a dig race and I'd much rather do that over a roll but I won't disagree to any race. Especially after I just beat someone racing my race.
Old 09-19-2009 | 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill. I wouldn't of expected that, but thats how it goes sometimes.
Old 09-19-2009 | 06:24 PM
Teching In

Dig racing is for the track there is noway in hell that cobra is going to hook on the street DR's or not...cobra was clearly the faster car but you did win the race...and i dont car what anybody says everybody wants to race from whatever there car does best..like you said i dont like racing from a roll cuz autos dont do good from a roll....dont act like you guys dont roll race if it benefits you
Old 09-19-2009 | 06:29 PM
Administrator

Great kill.

The guy who owns that Cobra should be extremely embarrassed. That thing is
slow as **** given it's mods. I never did like that 2.4L KB. How can guys not run
mid 10.50's at least with those mods? Crazy.
Old 09-19-2009 | 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I'd like to see this race from a roll.
Old 09-19-2009 | 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

what do you run at the track?
Old 09-19-2009 | 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by unit213
Great kill.

The guy who owns that Cobra should be extremely embarrassed. That thing is
slow as **** given it's mods. I never did like that 2.4L KB. How can guys not run
mid 10.50's at least with those mods? Crazy.
I don't know if the car is slow or the guy can't drive, well obviously he can't launch the damn thing. Again good kill OP.
Old 09-20-2009 | 03:28 AM
Teching In

dig racing is a real race u want that nascar **** call jeff gordon.. and if u can drive an ol stick car good u can get anything to leave well.. trust me i would know
Old 09-20-2009 | 09:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nice kill.

Trying to see where the hell in lauderdale this is...... Jayplay,.. look familar?
Old 09-20-2009 | 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Nice kill.

Trying to see where the hell in lauderdale this is...... Jayplay,.. look familar?
I wondered the same thing but I can't tell
Old 09-20-2009 | 05:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sleeperstang16
Dig racing is for the track there is noway in hell that cobra is going to hook on the street DR's or not...
Whos fault is that? Should the OP buy or loan him some tires and teach him how to hook? Not being able to hook is just another BS excuse. Tires are a mod just like anything else. Cobra guy wants to over build his engine and outpower the suspension and tires? Sucks for him. Maybe some of that mod money should have went to skins and driving lessons.

Originally Posted by sleeperstang16
cobra was clearly the faster car
If the "faster car" cant hook then its really the "slower car". It would be like me building 3,500 horsepower and trying to launch on 215s. Once again, in the real world off the bench racing Interent its not about how much HP you can build its about how much HP you can plant to the road.
Old 09-20-2009 | 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

its lauderdale, ms not florida. haha. supposedly the "camaro wins" banner is inaccurate according to the driver of the cobra. i was well past the marker. i stayed in it to let him gain more ground. then let out. rematch soon when he's ready. better be before the 30th(my actual tune and nitrous tune appointment). may be using the nitro this go round.
Old 09-20-2009 | 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

nice kill man. how do those 18" MTs hook? and what width are they?
Old 09-20-2009 | 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

hook well. mostly suspension set up, right launch also. think its like 11.5 inches wide. its a 315/30/18 (26x12.5). thinkin about stepping up to a 305 tire(27x12.5).

Last edited by SSIRBY; 09-20-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-21-2009 | 08:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSIRBY
its lauderdale, ms not florida. haha. supposedly the "camaro wins" banner is inaccurate according to the driver of the cobra. i was well past the marker. i stayed in it to let him gain more ground. then let out. rematch soon when he's ready. better be before the 30th(my actual tune and nitrous tune appointment). may be using the nitro this go round.
The maker of vid said the banner was not put in no certain spot it was just to state the fact that the camaro won the race. I'm not taking anything from you or the camaro you won fair and square. As for the comments about suspension the car has uppers and lowers and shocks that were set on 1 that night which I did not know. The car has zero front suspension and it still had the sway bar night. The driver that drove the car that night had only drove the car 1 other time at track and zero on the street so driving comments have no relevance bc he had no way to know how to hook it just right. There will be a rematch with me driving and the car just the way it was. Again for any confusion the camaro won this race fair as I said I'm just trying to clear up some details.
Old 09-21-2009 | 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Why would you let someone else race your car? Especially one that has only driven it once before? retardedddd
Old 09-21-2009 | 10:58 AM
Teching In

Bc I was busy and they were racing that night and I trust the guy I have known him for a while and he has had alot of cars but granted he did not have any experience in that particular car but nor did I. I have only had this car for 1 week or so when that race took place.
Old 09-21-2009 | 11:20 AM
Teching In

I would just like to clear a couple of things up.

1) To all the Mustang owners in here that stuck up for the Cobra and said the Camaro should have given the Cobra "it's race" from a roll........get bent, roll racing is for ****. I'd rather lose 10 dig races than win one roll "race".

2) The camaro won fair and square. I was the one pulling the gears in the Cobra and I lit the tires up. Spinnin' aint winnin'. However I asked him for a rematch at LEAST 3 times that night and he declined. The Camaro IS faster at the local 1/8th mile track, .15 of a second faster to be exact and 6mph slower. All I need is one more pass with a less aggressive launch and the camaro is toast.

3) The race was not a 0-130 mph race, the quarter mile was marked off. At the time the "camaro wins" banner flashed we were at about 1,100-1,200 feet. When we blew past the marker the Cobra's front bumper was 2-3 feet behind the back bumper of the camaro. Irby stayed in it about 20-40 feet past the quarter and I dumped the throttle as soon as I let out. I'm uploading the video with sound to my website now, you can tell I didn't do a flyby on him.

4) Lets have a run down of this Cobra's bad *** suspension shall we:

Front: H&R 2" lowering springs
Rear: H&R 2" lowering springs,
non adjustable upper and lower control arms
shocks

The owner of the Cobra has suspension parts for it on the way, but they will not be installed until after the race with the Camaro so Irby can't say we changed anything.
Old 09-21-2009 | 11:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tireburner163
I would just like to clear a couple of things up.

1) To all the Mustang owners in here that stuck up for the Cobra and said the Camaro should have given the Cobra "it's race" from a roll........get bent, roll racing is for ****. I'd rather lose 10 dig races than win one roll "race".

2) The camaro won fair and square. I was the one pulling the gears in the Cobra and I lit the tires up. Spinnin' aint winnin'. However I asked him for a rematch at LEAST 3 times that night and he declined. The Camaro IS faster at the local 1/8th mile track, .15 of a second faster to be exact and 6mph slower. All I need is one more pass with a less aggressive launch and the camaro is toast.

3) The race was not a 0-130 mph race, the quarter mile was marked off. At the time the "camaro wins" banner flashed we were at about 1,100-1,200 feet. When we blew past the marker the Cobra's front bumper was 2-3 feet behind the back bumper of the camaro. Irby stayed in it about 20-40 feet past the quarter and I dumped the throttle as soon as I let out. I'm uploading the video with sound to my website now, you can tell I didn't do a flyby on him.

4) Lets have a run down of this Cobra's bad *** suspension shall we:

Front: H&R 2" lowering springs
Rear: H&R 2" lowering springs,
non adjustable upper and lower control arms
shocks

The owner of the Cobra has suspension parts for it on the way, but they will not be installed until after the race with the Camaro so Irby can't say we changed anything.

1) Learn how to drive and we wont have to try to back up the Mustang

2) Lean how to drive and you will find less need to make excuses in the future

3) Learn how to drive, I'm getting tired of your excuses

4) Lean how to drive if you aren't going to come to a race prepared.

I think I covered everything.
Old 09-21-2009 | 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Even if Im at work my car sits at home. Not even my little brother races my ****, and he is one bad *** driver ESPECIALLY to only be 20 years old and to have only owned 2 "play" cars. But it is the street so driver mod must be in check. Its your fault you came to the race unprepaired and inexperienced. But I do agree on trading races for fun. A money race is dually negotiated, settled and raced. Props to the OP for winning being the underdog. Next time know your car AND especially the car you are running and you wont get YANKED.