Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Last night, new Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

good kill OP you need to run OCII if your ever out by kellets are call him out for the fall dfwstangs cruise!
Old 10-03-2009, 03:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
First I'd like to say Good Kill OP. Now screamin I will tell you with absolute certainty dyno numbers don't mean ****. My car dyno'ed 360 RWHP. I've skulldrug plenty of cars that dynoed more, not the same dyno. On a dyno from a popular shop I'm sure I'd dyno over 400 but I wasn't looking for a number, I was looking for a good tune and a safe AF ratio. I have had guys laugh when I told them my dyno numbers right before I took their money and made their claim of 430 to the tire sound retarded. My car is a vert so its not light and I have made no effort to change it. My car isn't fast at all but it holds its own against the dyno chasers.
What's a dyno chaser? lol. If a car is consistantly putting down 500rwhp for example on a dyno it should run pretty freakin' hard, albeit everything else is working right. Contrary to what many believe not all high horsepower cars are 'queens.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:26 AM

First I'd like to say Good Kill OP. Now screamin I will tell you with absolute certainty dyno numbers don't mean ****. My car dyno'ed 360 RWHP. I've skulldrug plenty of cars that dynoed more, not the same dyno. On a dyno from a popular shop I'm sure I'd dyno over 400 but I wasn't looking for a number, I was looking for a good tune and a safe AF ratio. I have had guys laugh when I told them my dyno numbers right before I took their money and made their claim of 430 to the tire sound retarded. My car is a vert so its not light and I have made no effort to change it. My car isn't fast at all but it holds its own against the dyno chasers.
Like I said, you have to have all the info needed for them to mean anything. You can't just compare random numbers from different dynoes and predict the results, as you just proved. If you had told me that you had pulled similar weight cars that had put down 70 more rwhp than you on the same dyno than I'd say you had a point, but you said it yourself, your car would have made alot more than it did if you were on the same dyno as them.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
good kill OP you need to run OCII if your ever out by kellets are call him out for the fall dfwstangs cruise!
Who is OCII? I'm on dfwstangs but I don't really post on there too much. I should be at the cruise with a new setup, it's gonna take me a couple runs to get used to it so I may run some not so good times for a couple runs. I'd say by the third run I should be good to go lol

Edit: this is AaronK, forgot I was logged on my friends computer
Old 10-03-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Demon 383
What's a dyno chaser? lol. If a car is consistantly putting down 500rwhp for example on a dyno it should run pretty freakin' hard, albeit everything else is working right. Contrary to what many believe not all high horsepower cars are 'queens.
If the first thing out of a guys mouth is what he put down on a dyno, in my experience, means that the car may make a big number but its slower than dog ****. You just don't usually hear guys that have fast cars throwing around dyno numbers. They usually talk about the mods to the car or the last time slip.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:18 PM

If the first thing out of a guys mouth is what he put down on a dyno, in my experience, means that the car may make a big number but its slower than dog ****. You just don't usually hear guys that have fast cars throwing around dyno numbers. They usually talk about the mods to the car or the last time slip.
Haha, I definitely know what you're talking about here. One of my friends use to have a 1998 WS6 with a 383, TH400, and decent shot that ran 10.30's in the right conditions. He's the kind of guy that drives around on ET street's all the time. We were hanging out at a local cruise and this dude with a nice looking MKIV Supra starts talking **** about the other cars and saying he's making over 900 to the ground, etc. My friend said he'd race him and showed him his car, telling him what he had. Then we go over the check out the **** talker's car and he starts opening the hood, but before he gets it open my buddy tells him not to bother, he doesn't care what the guy has under the hood. My friend then goes to the rear of the Supra, checks the tires, which turned out to be some sort of regular street tire (not even a drag radial), and then tells the guy, "no problem, lets go." The **** talker immediately backed down, refusing the race that he had been trying to instigate One of the funniest things I've seen.