Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran into a hurd of SRT's

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009 | 09:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lemons12
a 1.5 sixty foot is nothing to brag about....
on all season radials tough guy?

Sorry... Yes it is where I come from..

And if two guys agree to run to their cars from the sports section at Walmart, jump in and race to mc donalds drive through.... the first one there WINS THE RACE. Don't tell people how to race.
Old 10-10-2009 | 09:08 PM
Launching!

The srts didn't prove anything.. From a dig every single one would have got walked on.

A car poorly set up for racing wants to go from a roll.. A car set up correctly and wisely wants to go from a dig.
yeah yeah yeah.... But only if....

You are a maroon....
Old 10-10-2009 | 09:11 PM
Launching!

Really like this story.... AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2009 | 09:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
only wanting to do digs is like an excuse for lacking top end.
Or it could mean you can drive well and you have a car that is setup right. Dumbass
Old 10-10-2009 | 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nickate
I've pulled a 1.6 60' on a set of 17" wheels. And I hooked up on two wheels. Lets see what your box will do only using 2 wheels. Bet you couldn't get your car out of the 2.3 60's. AWD is for slow cars off the line. A fast car doesn't use AWD because its pointless to send power to the front wheels when they are in the air.
Old 10-10-2009 | 09:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Or it could mean you can drive well and you have a car that is setup right. Dumbass
Amen.
Old 10-10-2009 | 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

You are a maroon....
We get it, you're an angry SRT4 owner who sat on a stick, liked it, and never bothered to pull it out.

You seem like the person I wouldn't want to bother talking to, but I have to ask:
You didn't mean to spell moron as maroon, did you?
My eyesight is bad and I know you wouldn't make a statement that's just dripping in so much irony.
Old 10-10-2009 | 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry... Yes it is where I come from..

And if two guys agree to run to their cars from the sports section at Walmart, jump in and race to mc donalds drive through.... the first one there WINS THE RACE. Don't tell people how to race.
Doesn't matter what it is on.. Just like it doesn't matter how something makes its power.. If it is faster, it is faster. And like I said a 1.5 is nothing to brag about.. I cut 1.50X sixty foots with a RWD NA 370rwhp 3500# car, next track visit it will be 1.4X sixties on motor. AWD blows *****.

Real races are from a dig, everything else is for the birds.

You are a maroon....
You mean only if they would have raced like a race is supposed to happen?

You are running your mouth to people that would drag you sorry *** down the track.
Old 10-11-2009 | 12:10 AM
Teching In

I've pulled a 1.6 60' on a set of 17" wheels. And I hooked up on two wheels. Lets see what your box will do only using 2 wheels. Bet you couldn't get your car out of the 2.3 60's. AWD is for slow cars off the line. A fast car doesn't use AWD because its pointless to send power to the front wheels when they are in the air.
Was the 1.6 on your 12 @ 122 pass?
Old 10-11-2009 | 02:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSilver Bullet
All srt owners are like that. I've been harrassed by SRT's plenty of times, it doesnt matter how many of them you beat in a race they always send somebody faster to race you untill they win. Once one of them win they think they all won as a group and talk **** LOL. If none of them win they will dump a couple more grand in their car and hunt you down, you will always have a target on your back. BTW from my experience most of the people who drive skittles are dousches, they are all excuses.
hahha so true , if you beat one you just know they are guna ask you to run a faster one so they can win in overall points i suppose? haha, happened to me numerous times
Old 10-11-2009 | 09:00 AM
11 Second Club

If you learn to drive you will love racing from a dig.
yes, with a RWD setup.....the cobalt is not what i call "fun" to launch."
knowing the car is faster than many stockers running around when it comes to power-to-weight, its an annoying crutch (the FWD).

we feel like supra drivers asking for a "frum roll." but thats where we can really show the uneducated that these really do make some power, even stock.

get a tune, and forget going full power until 3rd...........
many guys have 20-40% boost reduction on the tune in 1st and 2nd so they can forget modulating the gas and just stomp it.

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I don't blame him. I don't even like doing a dig on the street. I can only imagine trying it with a FWD car.
its not fun
Old 10-11-2009 | 10:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
We get it, you're an angry SRT4 owner who sat on a stick, liked it, and never bothered to pull it out.

You seem like the person I wouldn't want to bother talking to, but I have to ask:
You didn't mean to spell moron as maroon, did you?
My eyesight is bad and I know you wouldn't make a statement that's just dripping in so much irony.

FUNNIER AND FUNNIER....

"What a maroon..." Comes from a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
I plagiarized that.

You are correct partially... I DID own a SR T- 4
Old 10-11-2009 | 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

FUNNIER AND FUNNIER....

"What a maroon..." Comes from a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
I plagiarized that.

You are correct partially... I DID own a SR T- 4
then how bou you quit bein a dick and tell the OP good two kills on somthin he doesnt prefer to do and be done with it...We got enough guys who like to stir the pot around here
Old 10-11-2009 | 03:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
was the 1.6 on your 12 @ 122 pass?
11.4 @ 121
Old 10-11-2009 | 03:57 PM
Launching!

racing is racing. roll or a dig. only wanting to do digs is like an excuse for lacking top end.
lol typical roll racer excuse.. only wanting to do rolls is an excuse for not being able to drive
Old 10-11-2009 | 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
lol typical roll racer excuse.. only wanting to do rolls is an excuse for not being able to drive
how is it an excuse? race from a stop or a roll. race a 1/4 mile or race till 150mph. race until you pull 3 bus lengths or race until u inch in front.

doesnt matter, just man up and stop looking for a reason to not race.
Old 10-11-2009 | 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

how is it an excuse? race from a stop or a roll. race a 1/4 mile or race till 150mph. race until you pull 3 bus lengths or race until u inch in front.

doesnt matter, just man up and stop looking for a reason to not race.
It is not an excuse.. It is saying that races should happen the way they are supposed to.

If you aren't quick from a dig you might as well pack your **** up and go home.. Quick properly built cars scream from a dig and usually is the only way they will race.
Old 10-11-2009 | 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

It is not an excuse.. It is saying that races should happen the way they are supposed to.

If you aren't quick from a dig you might as well pack your **** up and go home.. Quick properly built cars scream from a dig and usually is the only way they will race.
If you are quick and confident in your vehicle, you will race any race.

if you only go from a roll or only from a dig because you need some sort of advantage over someone or to try and make a level playing field... you are just playing games and should go home.
Old 10-11-2009 | 04:27 PM
Launching!

how many cars with slicks do you see race from a roll? there are a few, but ask those guys if theyd rather race from a dig and they would.
Old 10-11-2009 | 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

If you are quick and confident in your vehicle, you will race any race.

if you only go from a roll or only from a dig because you need some sort of advantage over someone or to try and make a level playing field... you are just playing games and should go home.
I am very confident in my vehicle and even if I know I will stomp someone from a roll and we are racing for real, a dig is the ONLY race I will do because it is all that matters.

This is where you people that like rolls get it backwards..

You saying that going from a roll is leveling the playing field and such.. No it is not.. It is giving the improperly setup car a MAJOR advantage over the properly setup car.. Racing from a dig takes EVERYTHING into consideration where racing from a roll only takes a few things into consideration.
Why do you say me trying to go from a dig is trying to get an advantage or make an un-level playing field...
but on the other hand..
You trying to go from a roll is perfectly fine and is not giving me or you the advantage..

I hear a lot of people say that "theory" and it is complete ****. I don't play games, if you can't run with properly built cars then you need to go home.