Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran into a hurd of SRT's

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Any car can sound remotely stock when not WOT and make really good power.
Most people (from what I've seen) want their cars to sound as bad *** as they run though.
It all depends. I wanted the Trans Am to sound bad *** all the time. I'm shopping for a G8 now and definitely want it somewhat quiet unless it's WOT.. now that I have a kid to throw in the back. Don't wanna ring his ears.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
It all depends. I wanted the Trans Am to sound bad *** all the time. I'm shopping for a G8 now and definitely want it somewhat quiet unless it's WOT.. now that I have a kid to throw in the back. Don't wanna ring his ears.
My neighbor got a white G8. Its a extremely nice car,handles well,and its pretty quick.. youll enjoy it.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GatorFan08
My neighbor got a white G8. Its a extremely nice car,handles well,and its pretty quick.. youll enjoy it.
A lot of my friends are trying to talk me into keeping the TBSS. My sig is outdated.. the TA is gone. I'm down to one vehicle. I feel like the G8 is a better platform for fun (less weight, 6-speed tranny that won't break as easily as the 4-speed in the TBSS).

I was surprised how well the G8 handled. Some of the guys on the G8 forums say it aint all that, but coming from a Trans Am and a TBSS, it sure feels good to me.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

A lot of my friends are trying to talk me into keeping the TBSS. My sig is outdated.. the TA is gone. I'm down to one vehicle. I feel like the G8 is a better platform for fun (less weight, 6-speed tranny that won't break as easily as the 4-speed in the TBSS).

I was surprised how well the G8 handled. Some of the guys on the G8 forums say it aint all that, but coming from a Trans Am and a TBSS, it sure feels good to me.
With the money difference you're going to spend in trading a TBSS for a G8 GXP, you could buy another f-body or a cheap C5.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
No ****? What did it run. Imagine Nic's 9 sec camaro, and if his bro had a 9 sec skittle lol.
I think it was comfortably spinning into the 11s with 450 hp to the wheels if I remember correctly. Dumped just under $7k into full suspension and turbo/exhaust upgrades if memory serves.

Also said it was useless on the street however. I'm sure Nic can elaborate more if he sees this.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

With the money difference you're going to spend in trading a TBSS for a G8 GXP, you could buy another f-body or a cheap C5.
I'd be getting a G8 GT, and the dealership is giving me more than I owe for my TBSS. Gas mileage, insurance, and monthly payment.. the G8 is cheaper than the SS for me.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Any car can sound remotely stock when not WOT and make really good power.
Most people (from what I've seen) want their cars to sound as bad *** as they run though.

LOL... I had 2 mufflers AND A 3" cat on my ASTROVAN (3" single ex) to keep it quiet.... I also put a Lingenfelter 383 in it....lol. shhhhhh....
The plates were HAHAWE1
Old 10-12-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

sorry to bust on your party nickate...but your impala with some sick nitrous runs 10s, which is awesome...so anyone who wants to line it up with him, go for it, just go to youtube for the videos...an lt1 kicking some ***.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:59 AM
TECH Resident

Skittles > Cobras

WHAT NOW????
Old 10-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slingshot928
sorry to bust on your party nickate...but your impala with some sick nitrous runs 10s, which is awesome...so anyone who wants to line it up with him, go for it, just go to youtube for the videos...an lt1 kicking some ***.
Now come on... How fast can a 4600lb. car ON 17" RADIALS be??? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cte6zGU1e1Y

Will not be any more vids as the car is FINALLY sorted out... (It's much slower now...)

Ever been in a highway race with your wife and kids in the car and roll out on a C6 Z-06? lol

Me neither...

Now I'm goofing around with a little 4 dr..... An evo.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I've pulled a 1.6 60' on a set of 17" wheels. And I hooked up on two wheels. Lets see what your box will do only using 2 wheels. Bet you couldn't get your car out of the 2.3 60's. AWD is for slow cars off the line. A fast car doesn't use AWD because its pointless to send power to the front wheels when they are in the air.

Guess the game's up.... You are correct. My little box won't cut a 2.3.
Neither will my big box...
Old 10-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nickate
Guess the game's up.... You are correct. My little box won't cut a 2.3.
Neither will my big box...
I was just messing with you. Don't take it seriously. I'm not a serious person...
Old 10-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nickate
Now come on... How fast can a 4600lb. car ON 17" RADIALS be??? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cte6zGU1e1Y

Will not be any more vids as the car is FINALLY sorted out... (It's much slower now...)

Ever been in a highway race with your wife and kids in the car and roll out on a C6 Z-06? lol

Me neither...

Now I'm goofing around with a little 4 dr..... An evo.
OH YEA!?!

OH YEA!?!

Well...

Well.... I did it with a 5 speed car! Lets see you do that!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
OH YEA!?!

OH YEA!?!

Well...

Well.... I did it with a 5 speed car! Lets see you do that!

My evo shitbox is a 5 speed. You just gotta give me the winter ( I got it in June) and it's a pretty cute DD for less than ten grand. I'm gonna be sad I knocked the low end grunt out of it to basically make a turbo busa motor....
But I hope I'll get in the 1.xx's...

We could always race youtube vids.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

wtf did you get an evo for 10k? the impala was pretty impressive. i will get on topic, to the op nice kills, you never can win them all(not just srt-4's).

to everyone, a race is a race. it doesn't matter where it starts or stops. you agreed to the terms, so live with the consequences. the only solution is a standing mile.

Last edited by quickbrick; 10-14-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added a second thought.