Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 10:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great runs both cars runs hard.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nothign a 150 shot wont cure, but holy **** he was coming hard top end. made it look like you let off the throttle. 650hp sure sounds good but it opnly counts if you can put it to the ground, unless its a supra, then its ok if it makes 1500rwhp on a dyno and runs 13s.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsslow98
nothign a 150 shot wont cure, but holy **** he was coming hard top end. made it look like you let off the throttle. 650hp sure sounds good but it opnly counts if you can put it to the ground, unless its a supra, then its ok if it makes 1500rwhp on a dyno and runs 13s.
Well the first pass after hitting the limiter on the 2-3 shift I accidently shifted into nuetral. Same as second pass, the tranny wouldn't shift for a second(but didn't hit nuetral this time). And the last pass i let off slightly so I wouldn't hit the limiter, It did shift soomer, but seemed to be stuck in 2nd gear for a second or two.

The tranny and converter needs gone through again. I think if it would have shifted the way it should I would have won everytime.

Plus if you notice the oversized 28 inch tires on the car, they are not mine. My 26'mt et streets are wore out and my boss let me borrow his off his 53 chevy truck that runs 11.8 on spray. I could tell the bigger tires killed my gear ratio, but this guys was saying that there was no way a high 10 sec car cam beat his. Last race spoke for itself.

I did weigh my bosses tires after i took them off today and the front skinnies were only 6lbs lighter per wheel then my fronts(stock snowflaks) and the rear were 8lbs heavier per wheel, so I cam out a little heavier total and taller gear ratio then normal.

I'm hoping replacing my stock midpipe with a 3 inch setup will give me a little more topend