Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SSF/RBP: LS1 Camaro w/ 200shot vs LS1 Fox w/ 200shot

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SneakySSnake
I dont think the win has anything to do with the transmission, the auto vs manual argument is gay and pointless. Dyno or track numbers would help explain it alot more.
yea because everyone knows that if you have more HP you will win a race and if your car is faster E.T. you will always win street races, thats a dumb*** comment
Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

NICE! love fox body LSX. make sure you guys get a rematch with him full!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
1/8et 8.57@83.69
1/4et 13.24@106.55

Shhhh...
Thx for noticing...? I said it would eat my ***... And appreciate u tryn to put me down! My bad I posted... Another Lemon12
Old 10-29-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Autos are for pussies. That is all. Nice runs though but I'd say the guy couldn't shift or the other car was just much faster. Either way the auto won.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Guy in the Fox body shoulda double clutched it instead of triple clutching.

Oh, shoulda kept the 5.0 in it too....woulda won the race then. Or put a 03 Cobra motor in it with a pulley swap and go after some airplanes at the local airport. Chebby motor FTMFL

Look, this guy proves my last point...

Originally Posted by 99_pewterZ_A4
Poor stangs... Can't cut it even with an ls1.. Ford is a shame! Lol but it'd eat my *** along with many many others out there

1/8et 8.57@83.69
1/4et 13.24@106.55

Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
GMs are for pussies. That is all. Nice runs though but I'd say the guy couldn't shift or the other car had a Ford motor and was just much faster. Either way the auto won.
Couldn't agree with you more buddy.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Couldn't agree with you more buddy.
You're a dick but that **** cracked me up. That roach of yours running yet?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

That roach of yours running yet?
Not yet, I'm giving you GM guys a couple more nights of easy sleeping.

I did get some new shoes for her though. Always wanted some 18" wheels to pimp around in. G/f wouldn't let me get the 20"s.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not yet, I'm giving you GM guys a couple more nights of easy sleeping.
I sleep good every night. What are you waiting for? Parts or time to get it done?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

What are you waiting for? Parts or time to get it done?
If you really care...

I got the upper R intake from Summit today. No hardware (vacuum fittings/screw in plugs) for the upper. So I call Summit and they tell me that the upper doesn't come with hardware because "its just the upper" so I say "well since its just the upper how bout I get just the upper hardware". Well right before I start getting redneck on him he says "I'll ship it out to you". Thank you

I've had my injectors on the way for a week. The injectors were shipped FedEx. Theres some bad news! Well today at 4:10 it says on their website that it was delievered to me. Ummm, no. I call them and talk to 2 people before the actual driver of the truck talked to me. At this point it is 8:30 at night and dark out side. She tells me that she thinks she left it at my neighbor's house. Then I realize she is trying without actually saying it to tell me to go over there and check. I tell her that I live on a corner of two streets (yes, in a house to you jokesters ) and "across the street" could be 3 houses. So tomorrow I might have my injectors.

Other than that I'm ready to fire her up. Still gotta get a new tune to calibrate the LMAF for 30lbs.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I say the setup of the cam Camaro is just stronger N/A and hes well tuned on his 200shot. Too many factors to look at. Even if a stock fox is around 3100-3200lbs, not sure how much more he would weight with the T56 and LS1 setup, plus the Fbody could have some weight reduction(at least he has light wheels).

I'm confident manual is not a disadvantage on a roll, unless the guy cant shift.

Coulda shoulda bla bla.. Camaro won.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
yea because everyone knows that if you have more HP you will win a race and if your car is faster E.T. you will always win street races, thats a dumb*** comment
uhmm, faster trapping car can put a big hurt from a nasty roll against a lower E.T. car.. but I guess you meant that anyway by saying E.T.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you really care...

I got the upper R intake from Summit today. No hardware (vacuum fittings/screw in plugs) for the upper. So I call Summit and they tell me that the upper doesn't come with hardware because "its just the upper" so I say "well since its just the upper how bout I get just the upper hardware". Well right before I start getting redneck on him he says "I'll ship it out to you". Thank you

I've had my injectors on the way for a week. The injectors were shipped FedEx. Theres some bad news! Well today at 4:10 it says on their website that it was delievered to me. Ummm, no. I call them and talk to 2 people before the actual driver of the truck talked to me. At this point it is 8:30 at night and dark out side. She tells me that she thinks she left it at my neighbor's house. Then I realize she is trying without actually saying it to tell me to go over there and check. I tell her that I live on a corner of two streets (yes, in a house to you jokesters ) and "across the street" could be 3 houses. So tomorrow I might have my injectors.

Other than that I'm ready to fire her up. Still gotta get a new tune to calibrate the LMAF for 30lbs.
Why wouldn't I care? Your build is pretty cool and I'd like to see the results. I hate shipping. They gave my headers, Y and cats to my neighbor and of course that neighbor wasn't in a hurry to tell me they had my ****. I cussed out UPS like a new private that pissed on my boots. I finally got them four days later. I was pissed.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Poor stangs... Can't cut it even with an ls1.. Ford is a shame!
Thx for noticing...? I said it would eat my ***... And appreciate u tryn to put me down! My bad I posted... Another Lemon12
See your 1st post above...then get off your high horse.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

If you really care...

Just curious. Why the Box 'R'? I'm assuming your going to be running some BIG heads and cam in that thing. Is this primarily a track car your building?
Old 10-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why wouldn't I care? Your build is pretty cool and I'd like to see the results. I hate shipping. They gave my headers, Y and cats to my neighbor and of course that neighbor wasn't in a hurry to tell me they had my ****. I cussed out UPS like a new private that pissed on my boots. I finally got them four days later. I was pissed.
Thanks. I finally got the injectors today along with the hardware. So now I'm just waiting on a nice day. I'm anxious to see how the new mild combination makes.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
Just curious. Why the Box 'R'? I'm assuming your going to be running some BIG heads and cam in that thing. Is this primarily a track car your building?
How did you get "Box 'R'" out of what I said?
Old 10-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

How did you get "Box 'R'" out of what I said?
When you said "I got the upper R from Summit" I thought you were using the Box R manifold for your build. I was just curious because I was just recently in discussion with my Mustang tuner about those things and he was saying they work better on 351-inch & up motors and like big heads and cam. He just recently removed one from a 327 windsor and replaced it with a ported Performer RPM and said it worked better than the R intake. My bad.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

the guy in the fox def needs some lessons on how to power shift
Old 10-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
When you said "I got the upper R from Summit" I thought you were using the Box R manifold for your build. I was just curious because I was just recently in discussion with my Mustang tuner about those things and he was saying they work better on 351-inch & up motors and like big heads and cam. He just recently removed one from a 327 windsor and replaced it with a ported Performer RPM and said it worked better than the R intake. My bad.
There is also a regular R series upper. I have run both on my 331.