Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*Another vid* C6 Z06 vs GTR with HKS-570 kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fast at what...The 1/4 mile..yes..they are low 11 cars..defiently fast thanks to the awd...

But in a street race..Well they only trapp around 116-119 mph in the 1/4 mile...defiently a fast car but compared to a C6Z06 trapping 123-126 mph..

The C6Z06 is gonna walk away from a roll the same way any car thats trapps 7 mph will walk away..H-A-R-D

The GTR needs that extra 80 RWHP to be able to trapp in the 123-126 range like the stock Z06 can..Thats why these races were so close....From a roll..

from a dig the Z06 would have lost by 4 cars IMHO...
Old 11-10-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the gt-r just like the z06 is more of a track car that has turns... they both happen to be quick in a 1/4. both are sick cars and both have their strong suits.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

A person does not have to have any skill to drive a GT-R fast on the track (road course) and especially on the street. Yeah, they are fast and in some magazine comparisons have even beat the mighty Z06, but being all-wheel drive and with the traction control system, you can just mash the gas pedal and achieve fast times.

As someone who is competitive and likes to see my own skills improve every time I do a track day, the GT-R is way too dumbed-down of a car for me. The Z06 actually makes a driver be smooth and in control, or you could lose traction because of the gobs and gobs of power on tap.

I don't want a car that drives itself and has all of the traction control nannies, how in the hell would I ever get better as a driver, it is a huge crutch. I think that is the biggest problem with the Nissan.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tweeter81
A person does not have to have any skill to drive a GT-R fast on the track (road course) and especially on the street. Yeah, they are fast and in some magazine comparisons have even beat the mighty Z06, but being all-wheel drive and with the traction control system, you can just mash the gas pedal and achieve fast times.

As someone who is competitive and likes to see my own skills improve every time I do a track day, the GT-R is way too dumbed-down of a car for me. The Z06 actually makes a driver be smooth and in control, or you could lose traction because of the gobs and gobs of power on tap.

I don't want a car that drives itself and has all of the traction control nannies, how in the hell would I ever get better as a driver, it is a huge crutch. I think that is the biggest problem with the Nissan.
thats just pure crazy. driving a fast car fast around a track is a hard thing to do and thats why only few people are able to do it. couple that with the vehicle being nearly 4k lbs, awd or not. you can turn off the traction control just like you can in a vette. heck you could loose control in a honda civic on a race track using its little bit of power.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
the gt-r just like the z06 is more of a track car that has turns... they both happen to be quick in a 1/4. both are sick cars and both have their strong suits.
An $80K, 4,000lb, overpriced, unreliable, ugly, V6 automatic Nissan is not a "sick car". Its nothing more than an electronically controlled ricer mobile.

Z06 >>> GTR. Period.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
An $80K, 4,000lb, overpriced, unreliable, ugly, V6 automatic Nissan is not a "sick car". Its nothing more than an electronically controlled ricer mobile.

Z06 >>> GTR. Period.
i never said the gt-r is better then anything. but calling it a ricer mobile is kinda a stretch since its the 3rd fastest production car on the ring, runs 11's and can be driven all yr long.

i would buy the z06, but your comments are insane.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:13 AM
***Repost Police***

Yes, but if it's not made by GM then Wesman hates it. Oh well.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Z06 >>> GTR. Period.
Wanna race one?

Or are they not worthy of the Pure domestic only fantasy world you live in?

Anyways I dont even like this car. But the thing is still a monster in near stock trim.

Even if the damn thing is 80k
Old 11-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

Nice Kill, OP.

I would like the GTR more if it wasn't so darn fugly (imo)
Old 11-12-2009, 01:59 AM
TECH Resident

good kill! I dont understand why some of you guys get mad at the fact of how well the GTR performs. The car is what it is! There is always gonna be somone faster. GM OR NOT!!! Be a CAR ENTHUSIAST not a GM nut swinger.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by w3s1c0a5t
Wanna race one?

Or are they not worthy of the Pure domestic only fantasy world you live in?

Anyways I dont even like this car. But the thing is still a monster in near stock trim.

Even if the damn thing is 80k
They are 80K. My car is not.

For $20K less I'll get a Z06 and wipe the floor with the GTR.

I don't consider a car that traps at 116MPH a "Monster" by any definiton of the word. Far from it.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SStheBest
good kill! I dont understand why some of you guys get mad at the fact of how well the GTR performs. The car is what it is! There is always gonna be somone faster. GM OR NOT!!! Be a CAR ENTHUSIAST not a GM nut swinger.
Nobody is "mad" at how well the car performs. It doesn't do anything better than any other car so there is nothing to be mad about anyway.

Its just ignorant to worship a car thats such a turd. Its not that powerful, its overweight, its ugly as sin, and its very unreliable and poorly built. Why swing on its nuts?? Don't give credit where credit is not due. And no credit is due for the GTR.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:59 PM
***Repost Police***

It doesn't do anything better than any other car, but yet it's one of the fastest cars to ever go around the Nurburgring? I'd say that's pretty damn good. You're always talking out of your ***.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It doesn't do anything better than any other car, but yet it's one of the fastest cars to ever go around the Nurburgring? I'd say that's pretty damn good. You're always talking out of your ***.
No, you just have your head up your *** like always.

One of the fastest cars. Not the fastest. Not the 2nd fastest. Not the 3rd fastest. Not the 4th or 5th fastest. For the same price as a GTR, you could buy a Viper which is the fastest production car in the world around the 'ring. So what does the GTR matter??

And you know what the best part is?? The Viper won't blow its trans halfway around the course

And on top of all that, Porsche called Nissan out for cheating. They were running race compound tires and had modified the ECU tuning for the ring. Hence why the production cars are much slower than early magazine tests. Of course Nissan had nothing to say, typical.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Launching!

I don't consider a car that traps at 116MPH a "Monster" by any definiton of the word. Far from it.
116MPH on the low end, 122MPH on the high end. Thats like saying C6 Z06s are only trapping 119MPH. Either way their capable of running mid-low 11s bone stock in the 1/4 mile and with basic bolt ons are capable of mid 10s on street tires. And around a track will beat a Z06 which has been proven time and time again on plenty of tracks. If you think thats crap then you are one of GM nut swingers...

Last edited by RedBeauty84ZX; 11-13-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Launching!

One of the fastest cars. Not the fastest. Not the 2nd fastest. Not the 3rd fastest. Not the 4th or 5th fastest. For the same price as a GTR, you could buy a Viper which is the fastest production car in the world around the 'ring. So what does the GTR matter??
ACR Vipers cost more then GTRs...and how is being ONE of the fastest cars not impressive to you?
And you know what the best part is?? The Viper won't blow its trans halfway around the course
Neither will the GTR...
And on top of all that, Porsche called Nissan out for cheating. They were running race compound tires and had modified the ECU tuning for the ring. Hence why the production cars are much slower than early magazine tests. Of course Nissan had nothing to say, typical.
LoL and after Porsche called out Nissan Nissan publicly invited Porsche to the Nurburgring to give them driving lessons in their own cars....even the Magazines have driven faster times around the Nurburgring and many other tracks in the GTR compared to the 997 Turbo/Z06s....and Nissan proudly shows the actual tires used on the GT-Rs record setting lap as seen here:
Old 11-14-2009, 07:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
ACR Vipers cost more then GTRs...and how is being ONE of the fastest cars not impressive to you?

Neither will the GTR...

LoL and after Porsche called out Nissan Nissan publicly invited Porsche to the Nurburgring to give them driving lessons in their own cars....even the Magazines have driven faster times around the Nurburgring and many other tracks in the GTR compared to the 997 Turbo/Z06s....and Nissan proudly shows the actual tires used on the GT-Rs record setting lap as seen here:
source?

and nissan can make all sorts of baseless claims by setting up "stands" with tires on them.

the gt-r was supposed to be the new be all end all to cars. lets see what it has done so far.. hmmm... nothing!
Old 11-14-2009, 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

Nice kill man, your car look sick!! the GTR looks great too, one of my fav cars
Old 11-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Porsche called BS on Nissan's GTR claims at the Nurburing. They bought a GTR and tested it and their 7:54 time is more consistent with earlier GTR runs. This places the GTR slower than a "stock" C6Z06 run at 7:429 on OEM rubber. See the following link:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10809306...record-lap-run
Old 11-14-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Corvee
Porsche called BS on Nissan's GTR claims at the Nurburing. They bought a GTR and tested it and their 7:54 time is more consistent with earlier GTR runs. This places the GTR slower than a "stock" C6Z06 run at 7:429 on OEM rubber. See the following link:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10809306...record-lap-run
its hard to say that porsche buying a car and driving it would be able to do as well as someone who has been driving the vehicle for prob months as a development program.

also if you just look at track times on nearly every other track you can see that the gt-r backs up its quick ring time.

Quick Reply: *Another vid* C6 Z06 vs GTR with HKS-570 kit