Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*Another vid* C6 Z06 vs GTR with HKS-570 kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Because Nissan created so much hype about how the GTR was supposed to be "Godzilla" and all this bullshit. And it turns out to be nothing more than an overpriced, overweight, underpowered, electronically controlled abomination of a car. It set no records, and does nothing better than anything else. Basically Nissan overhyped the car.

You must have been living under a rock since the GTR came out. They are blowing transmissions left and right, they can't keep them in the cars. And all at a cost of $20K for replacement, which Nissan will NOT honor under warranty. There has been a huge uproar about it everywhere, Nissan couldn't care less.

Porsche > Nissan

You calling out a company with decades of legitimate racing experience that makes amazing exotic performance automobiles against a company that is known for making pieces of **** that burn oil and $80K cars that blow transmissions. Get serious, its not even worth agruing. Porsche is well respected throughout the world, Nissan doesn't give anyone a reason to respect them.

And as for all the electronic crap on the GTR, its retarded. What ever happened to actually driving a car, instead of letting the car drive itself?? Without all that **** on there, the car would probably be at the minimum a minute slower around the ring. But at least the person behind the wheel would actually be driving the car and showing what the chassis is capable of, not what the electronic nannies are capable of
your posts have become totally useless. maybe you should learn to pick up on current info while you can.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
your posts have become totally useless. maybe you should learn to pick up on current info while you can.
Good response.

Next time maybe you can cut it down to less than 19 words so you waste less space.

Its hilarious when useless people like you call others out, but yet you have absolutely nothing to say.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because Nissan created so much hype about how the GTR was supposed to be "Godzilla" and all this bullshit.
Nissan did not create the hype nor did they ever once call it Godzilla. Thats all the media bud...

And it turns out to be nothing more than an overpriced, overweight, underpowered, electronically controlled abomination of a car.
Well you can say what you want but the bottom line is its fast.

It set no records, and does nothing better than anything else.
Actually it does hold several track records for factory production cars such as at the Twin Ring Motegi. It does a lot of things better then a lot of cars...your really sounding ignorant here.

Basically Nissan overhyped the car.
Nissan didnt. The media might have, but Nissan didnt.

You must have been living under a rock since the GTR came out. They are blowing transmissions left and right, they can't keep them in the cars. And all at a cost of $20K for replacement, which Nissan will NOT honor under warranty. There has been a huge uproar about it everywhere, Nissan couldn't care less.
No...i've kept up quite well with the GTR since its inception. Only a handful of cars have broken transmissions(around 10-20 total), far less then the amount of stock Z06s that have blown their engines. Nissan publicly addressed this over a year ago when they said that far less then 1% of the total GTRs produced have had any kind of transmission failures, even still at that point they decided to include the GTRs transmission failures when used with LC. So yes Nissan DOES honor the warranties, this is a huge misconception.

Porsche > Nissan
Thats an opinion and it depends what your comparing the two about. Nissan has always went head to head with Porsche with their sports cars going back to the mid 1960s...
You calling out a company with decades of legitimate racing experience that makes amazing exotic performance automobiles against a company that is known for making pieces of **** that burn oil and $80K cars that blow transmissions. Get serious, its not even worth agruing. Porsche is well respected throughout the world, Nissan doesn't give anyone a reason to respect them.
Nissan has decades of legitimate racing experience as well, many times racing against and beating Porsche. And trust me having been around older Porsches I can tell you they take the burning oil crown hands down...your lucky if their not leaking oil too. Porsche is well respected through out the world and the fact that Porsche owns two R35 GTRs that they continue to bench mark their own cars against should tell you something about the quality of Nissans own supercar.

And as for all the electronic crap on the GTR, its retarded. What ever happened to actually driving a car, instead of letting the car drive itself??
Trust me, the car does not drive it self. All cars have electronic aids now days, the GTR just takes it a step further to push the performance envelope. If you don't think the cars still a blast to drive then you really need to drive one.

Without all that **** on there, the car would probably be at the minimum a minute slower around the ring.
You're an idiot. The GTR was in RRR mode when it set its fastest laps around the ring. In other words nearly all electronic driving assists were turned off aside from ABS and the AWDs power delivery system.

But at least the person behind the wheel would actually be driving the car and showing what the chassis is capable of, not what the electronic nannies are capable of
You don't think the Z06 had a host of electronics helping it around the ring?

Last edited by RedBeauty84ZX; 11-17-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

^^^^^^^^^
Ultimate Ownage
Old 11-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Teching In

I believe the GTR holds two Genius Book of World Records so hear are the facts not just opinions. I also hope this puts a end to the tires wesman keeps talking about.

Nissan GT-R makes it into Guinness World Records
Auto News, GT-R

The 485-horsepower Nissan GT-R is known for being one of the fastest cars in the world. Seven minutes, 26.7 seconds was its last record lap time on the Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit in Germany, in April 2009.

Now, the GT-R has achieved another important goal. It is officially “the fastest four-seater production car in the world in terms of acceleration,” with a zero-to-100-kilometres-an-hour time of 3.5 seconds.

Recorded during the lap time at the Nürburgring circuit, this result allowed Nissan to officially register the GT-R with Guinness World Records. The record-keeping company has now sanctioned the result.

National Post

The Nissan GT-R's acceleration time of 3.5 seconds to 100 kilometres an hour is the fastest for a four-seater production car.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

An $80K, 4,000lb, overpriced, unreliable, ugly, V6 automatic Nissan is not a "sick car". Its nothing more than an electronically controlled ricer mobile.

Z06 >>> GTR. Period.

This is just funny.

Anyways, how did this thread get turned into a pissing contest.

Cars are different. It is hard to compare an AWD to a RWD.

They should have classes.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by jomo
I believe the GTR holds two Genius Book of World Records so hear are the facts not just opinions. I also hope this puts a end to the tires wesman keeps talking about.

Auto News, GT-R

The 485-horsepower Nissan GT-R is known for being one of the fastest cars in the world. Seven minutes, 26.7 seconds was its last record lap time on the Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit in Germany, in April 2009.

Now, the GT-R has achieved another important goal. It is officially “the fastest four-seater production car in the world in terms of acceleration,” with a zero-to-100-kilometres-an-hour time of 3.5 seconds.

Recorded during the lap time at the Nürburgring circuit, this result allowed Nissan to officially register the GT-R with Guinness World Records. The record-keeping company has now sanctioned the result.

National Post

The Nissan GT-R's acceleration time of 3.5 seconds to 100 kilometres an hour is the fastest for a four-seater production car.
wow, 0 post, but all in for the mighty GTR god... who cares about guiness record for a car???

who cares about 0-60?? Most of the plp here are rolling from a 60mph strart LOL. A damn STI is fast on the 0-60, but its just a matter of traction. We'll never get the true story about this nurburgring ****. We can just say that the GTR is a fast car that held its own in the big league for the weight and power(cleary underrated though). A strong car too on any course. Just not a V8 under the hood

Its just the usual hyped **** going on about import super car that gets boring. I really wish that I could try a GTR on the highway with car, so I would really know if its fast or no.

What about the ZR1 ? or the bugatti veyron with 1001 hp!?? I guess they are not in the guiness book...
Old 11-19-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Auto News, GT-R

How is that a world record if its not the fastest?? If its not the fastest, it doesn't have the record.

Yes, a very important goal. Very critical

Who cares that its the fastest 4 seater?? Its still a coupe. The CTS-V has the record for the fastest 4 door sedan. That actually matters.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Well you can say what you want but the bottom line is its fast.
Not for $80,000 its not. The Z06 and Viper walk the GTR like its going backwards, and for less money.

Its also interesting how bad Nissan is gouging owners. A brake job at the dealer costs $9,000. OEM tires cost $4,000, and only last 5-8K miles. A quart of transmission fluid is $80, and it holds 10 quarts. Thats $800 just for trans fluid, not including any other parts or labor.

Actually it does hold several track records for factory production cars such as at the Twin Ring Motegi. It does a lot of things better then a lot of cars...your really sounding ignorant here.
Nobody cares about a little known race track in Japan.

Nissan didnt. The media might have, but Nissan didnt.
No, they didn't play into it at all

No...i've kept up quite well with the GTR since its inception. Only a handful of cars have broken transmissions(around 10-20 total), far less then the amount of stock Z06s that have blown their engines. Nissan publicly addressed this over a year ago when they said that far less then 1% of the total GTRs produced have had any kind of transmission failures, even still at that point they decided to include the GTRs transmission failures when used with LC. So yes Nissan DOES honor the warranties, this is a huge misconception.
Intersting that your so called Z06s 'blowing engines" is not well known, why the Nissan GTR has been extremely publicized?? Perhaps because your're making up **** about the Z06 and trying to downplay the GTR's serious problems that cost owners tens of thousands of dollars out of their pocket?? Exactly.

It is all over the internet. There are a hell of a lot more than 10-20 failures. Nissan WILL NOT honor the warranty, its printed right in the GTR manual: Disabling stability control voids the warranty on the powertrain. Simple as that, you're full of it. People are outraged, Nissan couldn't give less of a ****. Thats no surprise though.

Since of course you'll deny this, here it is in writing, straight from the Nissan GTR owner's manual:

http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/techpub...09_GTR_WIB.pdf

Chapter 6, page 9 of 47.

Thats an opinion and it depends what your comparing the two about. Nissan has always went head to head with Porsche with their sports cars going back to the mid 1960s...
You mean Nissan has been getting their asses handed to them by Porsche since the 1960's?? Thats more like it.

Nissan has decades of legitimate racing experience as well, many times racing against and beating Porsche. And trust me having been around older Porsches I can tell you they take the burning oil crown hands down...your lucky if their not leaking oil too. Porsche is well respected through out the world and the fact that Porsche owns two R35 GTRs that they continue to bench mark their own cars against should tell you something about the quality of Nissans own supercar.
The only reason Porsche has those cars is to tear them down ans analyze what Nissan did wrong. They sure as hell aren't using an Nissan designs on the next 911. The 911 Turbo is still 10 times the car the GTR could ever hope to be. It also helps that the 911 doesn't look like a heap of scrap metal.

Trust me, the car does not drive it self. All cars have electronic aids now days, the GTR just takes it a step further to push the performance envelope. If you don't think the cars still a blast to drive then you really need to drive one.
You point the steering wheel and the car figures out everything else with the stability program.

You don't think the Z06 had a host of electronics helping it around the ring?
It doesn't. GM's ESP is very unobtrusive and only corrects the vehicle if it is out of control. There is a threshhold that the car must cross before the Stabilitrak will kick in and make adjustments. The GTR's electronic crap is making constant corrections, all the time.

Last edited by Wesmanw02; 11-19-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:14 AM
***Repost Police***

Twin-ring Motegi is actually incredibly well known, regardless of what you think.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

How is that a world record if its not the fastest?? If its not the fastest, it doesn't have the record.

Yes, a very important goal. Very critical

Who cares that its the fastest 4 seater?? Its still a coupe. The CTS-V had the record for the fastest 4 door sedan. That actually matters.
you are really behind on your current events it seems.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
wow, 0 post, but all in for the mighty GTR god... who cares about guiness record for a car???

who cares about 0-60?? Most of the plp here are rolling from a 60mph strart LOL. A damn STI is fast on the 0-60, but its just a matter of traction. We'll never get the true story about this nurburgring ****. We can just say that the GTR is a fast car that held its own in the big league for the weight and power(cleary underrated though). A strong car too on any course. Just not a V8 under the hood

Its just the usual hyped **** going on about import super car that gets boring. I really wish that I could try a GTR on the highway with car, so I would really know if its fast or no.

What about the ZR1 ? or the bugatti veyron with 1001 hp!?? I guess they are not in the guiness book...

Did not know you needed xxxxx amount of posts to qualify on this thread??? I am not a big fan of the gtr but it is fast.

Most people that I know take the quarter mile very seriously is that on a dig or a 60 roll????

The Bugatti veyron is in the Guinness book for most powerful production car, I don't think the zr1 is in there but you might want to take a look.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought the Ultimate Aero was the most powerful/fastest production car.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

I would like to point out that the only feature that caused the GTR to damage its tranny was the abusive launch control feature. Also, all GTRs as of late 2008 don't have the launch control feature.

For those debating if the Z06 is faster than a GTR around a track consider this: The GTR has beaten the Z06 on every track where the two haven't been tested by Nissan, but magazine or independent editorials like R&T. Car and Driver has recorded every quickest lap time recorded by a production car at Virginia International Raceway. At VIR, the GTR is 2.6 seconds quicker than a C6Z. You can't really sensibly argue that the C6Z is quicker than a GTR around a roadcourse bone stock. How will each do modified? I have no clue, but I would be inclined to pick the lighter platform for my own purposes.

Personally, I think both cars are great. I would own either and I would love to own both...

Originally Posted by MasterV8
I thought the Ultimate Aero was the most powerful/fastest production car.
The SSC Ultimate Aero has the current production car record for top speed at 256 mph (verified by Guinness). It also makes over 100 more hp than a Veyron, but I don't know if its the most powerful.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I would like to point out that the only feature that caused the GTR to damage its tranny was the abusive launch control feature. Also, all GTRs as of late 2008 don't have the launch control feature.
Incorrect. As of late 2008 Nissan revised the LC feature by lowering the maximum RPMs the GTR will launch at when using LC. They also incorporated LC with VDC on so you can use it and it will no longer void your warranty if something is damaged. The updated LC is referred to as LC2 and is actually even quicker then the original, the fastest GTRs are using the updated LC and have achieved low 11s bone stock. LC has just been refined and covered under warranty now...
Old 11-25-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Incorrect. As of late 2008 Nissan revised the LC feature by lowering the maximum RPMs the GTR will launch at when using LC. They also incorporated LC with VDC on so you can use it and it will no longer void your warranty if something is damaged. The updated LC is referred to as LC2 and is actually even quicker then the original, the fastest GTRs are using the updated LC and have achieved low 11s bone stock. LC has just been refined and covered under warranty now...
I was actually thinking about the rumor that LC will be dropped for the 2010 model run.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:34 AM
Launching!

Is the GTR a fast car?????

Forget the 0-60 mph and just look at 1/4 mile mph...

2003 Cobra will trapp 109-112

2002 Z06 will trapp 113-116

2002 GTS viper will trapp 117-120

2003 SRT10 viper will trapp 119-122

2005 Ford GT will trapp 121-124

2006 Z06 will trapp 123-126

2008 SRT10 viper will trapp 125-128

2009 ZR1 will trapp 127-130

THE GTR WILL TRAPP 118-121 MPH

TO ME..HONESTLY THAT IS A PRETTY FAST CAR...ANYTHING THAT CAN TOUCH 120 MPH DEAD STOCK IS PRETTY DAMN FAST IN MY BOOK...

Now i also think it's ugly and not well put together and not properly backed by nissan..I could never own one..But to each their own
Old 11-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I was actually thinking about the rumor that LC will be dropped for the 2010 model run.
It was just that, a rumor. The 2010s have been out for quite some time and include the updated LC2. Nissan improved LC and now includes LC in its warranty.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Good job slowvette!

I'll have to go and see how my Z does against a local GTR with the same HKS kit. Your car must be a freak!
Old 11-26-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Did not know you needed xxxxx amount of posts to qualify on this thread??? I am not a big fan of the gtr but it is fast.

Most people that I know take the quarter mile very seriously is that on a dig or a 60 roll????

The Bugatti veyron is in the Guinness book for most powerful production car, I don't think the zr1 is in there but you might want to take a look.
No need for a post number, but it happens often in this section that some plp just register to tell bullshit on a GM board because theyre just poor fanboy. Good thing if its not your case. I meant no harm, just beeing cautious on any troll.

True racing is made on the 1/4. But honestly, how many videos of 1/4 do we have here compare to roll racing vid?!
But its always the same, some say roll racing is gay and tough man lives one 1/4 at a time. Good thing if you have the money to absorb breaking parts and dozens of differential on the 1/4, but I dont have 4G(2500 plus installation and shipping and CAD$ value) to throw at a shitty 9inch end when I can get a stroker for the same price. So roll racing is a good place to compare which car is the fastest, not which one is the best on the 0-60ft. I wish I could hook my car in first on the 150shot, but its not going to happen without breaking the bank.

I prefer not to loose time on reading Guiness book(even if its amusing sometimes) and keep my reading time on tech section of this site or my new book on LS engines

if its not GM, its not fast

Quick Reply: *Another vid* C6 Z06 vs GTR with HKS-570 kit