Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First kill with the new car

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First kill with the new car

So stopped by and hung with some of my friends tonight they all own imports mainly hondas. Best friend since high school says he thinks he could take me. I told him I was down for a race if we went out of town so we go out on a old country backroad and did best 2 out of 3 I ended up getting all 3. we decided to run to 100 each time by the time I was there I had bus lengths on him. So that was nice getting my first kill with my car only owned it for 2 weeks.

My car: 98 SS M6 with full exhaust

His car 00 Integra GSR with type-r cams, intake manifold full exhaust cold air intake and a chipped ECU with a 2 step.

Makes me miss my honda alot less
Old 11-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Good kill and welcome to the site.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:27 AM
***Repost Police***

Wow, how could he possibly have thought he had a chance? I had the fastest stock Integra GS-R that I can find information on (14.97 @ 93.82mph w/ 152k miles), and those mods MIGHT have taken my car down to ~14.2 @ 98mph if I also added an LSD. He's smokin crack. Good face-stomping.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Wow, how could he possibly have thought he had a chance? I had the fastest stock Integra GS-R that I can find information on (14.97 @ 93.82mph w/ 152k miles), and those mods MIGHT have taken my car down to ~14.2 @ 98mph if I also added an LSD. He's smokin crack. Good face-stomping.
Damn Elevens, I didn't know those things were that slow!! See them running around with giant exhausts tips and body kits all the time around here. Always thought it was odd that they never try to instigate a race with me when every modded Civic and Accord does try to...
Old 11-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Launching!

good kill man sounded like me with my first kill with my car with me only onwing it for lil over a week lol keep it up man
Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Banned

Good kill. The Honda crowd is really sketchy, some are stupid fast and then most are stupid slow.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah i have some friends that have stupid fast ones to. In fact I have another friend that just put about 9k into his car building it from the ground uprode in that thing once he managed to spin the spedometer all the way around back to zero were guessing it was around 170 but really are not sure. But in the 1/4 he runs like an eleven. One import I am not looking forward to being asked to run with. All in all it was fun beating my best friend being ever since we could both drive he always had to top me. As soon as I did my motor swap in my civic he went out and bought an integra to edge me out. Now he is already looking at turbos for his car. So i just make sure to remind him that the 79 will have a supercharged LS.....
Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z33Option
Good kill. The Honda crowd is really sketchy, some are stupid fast and then most are stupid slow.
About sums it up! Up here though, most are just slow- few people mod there cars to make them noticeably faster up here compared to, say, well; the East Coast, California, Texas, Mid West, etc... lol

Funny thing is, the fastest street driven Honda I know of up here is a total sleeper: 640whp (has ALOT more available, thats just the number he likes for his setup) **** brown stock paint (sorry Genius, but you gotta admit thats the color!), stock rims (fronts are widened), not a single aftermarket tacked on item. With the exception of the wide front tires, its a totally stock looking near full weight sleeper Honda that pulls low 11's and is drop dead reliable. Never seen him run from a dig, but guys that have say he hooks better than most rwd cars with his boost indexed to each gear. His hp is mid 400's on pump gas, with meth on the way so he can have full power anytime.

Bastard totally repudiates everything I've always dogged on FWD imports for over the years! = reliability, streetability, traction, 60' times, umm reliability again, etc.

Did I mention its **** brown and totally stock looking?! ,shaking head> Oh yeah, its got a baby seat in the back, too- it completes the sleeper look. Hell, as far as I know he doesnt even have a kid...
Old 11-11-2009, 11:19 AM

Good kill! It's always fun racing friends with a new ride or new setup. Congrats on the new car.

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
640whp...pulls low 11's...Bastard totally repudiates everything I've always dogged on FWD imports for over the years! = reliability, streetability, traction, 60' times, umm reliability again, etc.
Definitely sounds like a badass car, well set up car, but a well setup rwd car will run the same ET with much less hp and more weight. Not trying to argue things we all know, but you can still give the fwd car crowd a little ****, even with a setup like that
Old 11-11-2009, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

just put a 150 shot on your car and you'll take that "stupid fast" import no problem...oh and for less than 1000 bucks
Old 11-11-2009, 02:16 PM
***Repost Police***

Damn Elevens, I didn't know those things were that slow!! See them running around with giant exhausts tips and body kits all the time around here. Always thought it was odd that they never try to instigate a race with me when every modded Civic and Accord does try to...
Back in '94 that wasn't exactly "slow" compared to the competition. Right on par with Mustang GTs, and faster than basically anything else that's actually in the same class. The Integra GS-R was the benchmark car for that class for nearly a decade.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
...Definitely sounds like a badass car, well set up car, but a well setup rwd car will run the same ET with much less hp and more weight. Not trying to argue things we all know, but you can still give the fwd car crowd a little ****, even with a setup like that
He runs a 1.7 60' at the track (unknown if he used full slicks or his DR's). Not blazing fast, but for a FWD car? Yeah, it gets with it. Good guy, funny thing is he has no problem blasting most ricers who make stupid comments, hates big wings and fart cans, yet he is the guy you go to if you want to make your 4 cylinder FWD car fast. heh heh The sting must burn for awhile after he deflates there ego.
Back in '94 that wasn't exactly "slow" compared to the competition. Right on par with Mustang GTs, and faster than basically anything else that's actually in the same class. The Integra GS-R was the benchmark car for that class for nearly a decade.
Yeah I guess if you put it that way... back in '94 the top dog was a LT1 Camaro that ran low 14's bone stock. I believe the 5.0 GT's were still HIGH 14's.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good kill
Old 11-12-2009, 03:26 PM
***Repost Police***

He runs a 1.7 60' at the track (unknown if he used full slicks or his DR's). Not blazing fast, but for a FWD car? Yeah, it gets with it. Good guy, funny thing is he has no problem blasting most ricers who make stupid comments, hates big wings and fart cans, yet he is the guy you go to if you want to make your 4 cylinder FWD car fast. heh heh The sting must burn for awhile after he deflates there ego.

Yeah I guess if you put it that way... back in '94 the top dog was a LT1 Camaro that ran low 14's bone stock. I believe the 5.0 GT's were still HIGH 14's.
Yeah, I can't tell you how much fun I had racing 94-98 GTs. Especially from a roll. But I did put 2 cars on my best friend in his '95 GT from a dig with my girlfriend in the car. Who happened to be his ex-girlfriend
Old 11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I can't tell you how much fun I had racing 94-98 GTs. Especially from a roll. But I did put 2 cars on my best friend in his '95 GT from a dig with my girlfriend in the car. Who happened to be his ex-girlfriend
Dam thats bad
Old 11-12-2009, 03:43 PM
***Repost Police***

Hey, he asked for it... I deemed it necessary.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:20 PM

Dating your best friends ex-girl? That's no good, dude
Old 11-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

haha nice kill!
Old 11-14-2009, 08:26 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Dating your best friends ex-girl? That's no good, dude
They dated for 2 weeks during the summer when we were 16... we didn't start dating till ~1.5 years later, and she was the one that came after me.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sandrider123
Yeah i have some friends that have stupid fast ones to. In fact I have another friend that just put about 9k into his car building it from the ground uprode in that thing once he managed to spin the spedometer all the way around back to zero were guessing it was around 170 but really are not sure. But in the 1/4 he runs like an eleven. One import I am not looking forward to being asked to run with. All in all it was fun beating my best friend being ever since we could both drive he always had to top me. As soon as I did my motor swap in my civic he went out and bought an integra to edge me out. Now he is already looking at turbos for his car. So i just make sure to remind him that the 79 will have a supercharged LS.....
some speedo's if you exceed a certain mph "on the mechanical ones" will not read correctly at all and you cant just "guess" a speed.... In my 75 Nova, after 100mph the speedo went back to 0....and it would stay there until you slowed back down to 100......and ive seen the same thing happen on early 90's chevy pickup with a mechanical speedo....

on the nova it was the speedo that was like this

{0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100}

the truck was a round one.... and both reset to 0 after they maxed out.....

so just cause your speedo is back to 0 doesn't mean your going any faster.....

just from my experience...