Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

95 TA vs Lexus SC300 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 TA vs Lexus SC300 Turbo

Okay I normally don't get to write these stories because I don't normally street race, however, last week I was in the Bird and decided to go to lunch with one of my troops who happens to be a die-hard tuner man. Well we pulled out of Ft. Bliss and was headed to Subway well the road we were on is a 3-4 mile strip to get to Montano street where we would hang a left to go to Subway.

Well were going down the road when a Turbo SC300 rolled up on us and then slowed down to try to entice me to run. I wasn't feeling it at the time but I did step into the pedal (although I was running 5th gear) I didn't down shift put the Bird faithful as ever kicked into high speed. Well with me running in 5th it was no issue for the turbo SC to catch me and pass me, well that didn't bother me...what did bother me was his smirk and his waving bye-bye to me.

I thought okay MF'er turn left and see what happens..... well he turns left onto Motano street with a red light right there. And I pull up beside him and tell him "lets do this again" and he said hah! .. no F-body can run with me...I said okay lets see. Well the light turned green and we both come off the light and even from the start I start pulling, 2nd gear comes too fast and my lead increases and with 3rd I start walking away, here I am coming up on 100mph and I slow it down and of course he has to pass me trying to prove a point lol.

Well he slows down to 35mph or so and we hit it again, and once again same thing I start walking away again in 3rd and once again I slow it down and by now this guy is pissed and he yells nice N2o setup betcha can't do that on motor? by troop yells out the window "THAT WAS ALL MOTOR". So the guy starts yelling BS BS I'll betcha $5,000 right now right here you cant do that again! By now I see Subway up ahead and I just smile and told him "sorry dude I ate Sushi last night so I don't need no more rice today.

I swear his face got redder than a apple when I said that....and so he took off and we had a good lunch recounting the episode.

Thought I would share the story.

Jim
Old 11-15-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

hahaha owned - great kill
Old 11-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Launching!

awesome great kill.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"... I told him I already ate sushi last night..." lmao! Great quote, I gotta remember that one! Good Kill Ponch, and nice self restraint keeping the speeds down in a urban area.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Tks guys, and yes I do try to use common sense when I'm driving the Bird...it's so easy to get in trouble and even though it was a 4 lane highway you should still use constraint.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

yea im in el paso the rice city and i get tired of rice in rustangs all day racing.. i cant even come out of my house with out some teen kids wanting to race me...nice thing about el paso, there s alot of roads to race.....Ponch95 im on fort bliss but never seen yout TA maybe we can meet up some times
Old 11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like a satisfying kill OP, good job
Old 11-16-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old93 you getting ready to deploy? I leave Friday for the box.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

no i work for mantech i just got out of the army like two months ago after doing 9 years