Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**VID** 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs My C6Z06

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
I hope no one really believed that car was intake only.
Its not. Hes full of it. He blew up his first motor in that car on the bottle from what I hear. So im sure he cut back on the shot to keep it safe and not so noticable when he gets on it.

A C6Z makes what? 450-460 whp stock? Intake and tune lets say 480.
Both the Viper and Vette weigh about the same. Theres no way a car that makes almost 200 whp more will ONLY yank that Z by a car even with a crappy driver.
Now lets add like a 100-125 shot to the Z and it almost evens things out a bit.

And I still would like to race him if he ever comes up here or I guess ill have to go down there sometime in the beginning of the new year.

Last edited by A3VETTE; 12-18-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by A3VETTE
Its not. Hes full of it. He blew up his first motor in that car on the bottle from what I hear. So im sure he cut back on the shot to keep it safe and not so noticable when he gets on it.

A C6Z makes what? 450-460 whp stock? Intake and tune lets say 480.
Both the Viper and Vette weigh about the same. Theres no way a car that makes almost 200 whp more will ONLY yank that Z by a car even with a crappy driver.
Now lets add like a 100-125 shot to the Z and it almost evens things out a bit.

And I still would like to race him if he ever comes up here or I guess ill have to go down there sometime in the beginning of the new year.
come down whenever you want and you'll know its a stock Z06 with a airfilter,no nitrous.

seriously dude, get off my nuts, and come inspect the car yourself. i'll even put any amount of money my car has no nitrous or any other mods
Old 12-18-2009, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
I hope no one really believed that car was intake only.
hmmm. i sure wouldn't mind running you...where do you live?
Old 12-18-2009, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
come down whenever you want and you'll know its a stock Z06 with a airfilter,no nitrous.

seriously dude, get off my nuts, and come inspect the car yourself. i'll even put any amount of money my car has no nitrous or any other mods

Its too easy to hide kits nowadays so your word and me searching without having to take **** apart means nothing.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Its too easy to hide kits nowadays so your word and me searching without having to take **** apart means nothing.
of course it doesn't, you're just in denial LOL. so according to you where would i hide the 10lb bottle in a car where you see my trunk literally? LOL
Old 12-18-2009, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Did you mean me
Old 12-18-2009, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
Did you mean me
did i quote you
Old 12-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
Did you mean me
no, he wants a piece of Ron 95ZR1, who has a new ZR1. As far as slow vette goes, you guys aint gonna get him to admit to anything: though I would bet that if someone showed up with one of those cylinder displacement checkers that measure the cylinder volume through the spark plug hole he would suddenly clam up and withdraw his offer to check his car. Not positive, its been awhile since I've seen one (part of Winston Cup West tech inspection: originated in NASCAR I believe), but I do believe they can check cam duration too? Or its a combination of volume displacement and cam size? Pretty simple tool actually, can't be too hard to find.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

I think the thing is, you must think people are stupid. If it's a stock car (with an "intake"), everybody knows what it runs, it's no mystery. You're not fooling anybody and you're not the first person to hide a bottle (it doesn't need to be a 10# bottle) in a car or misrepresent its mods.
S.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Snorman
I think the thing is, you must think people are stupid. If it's a stock car (with an "intake"), everybody knows what it runs, it's no mystery. You're not fooling anybody and you're not the first person to hide a bottle (it doesn't need to be a 10# bottle) in a car or misrepresent its mods.
S.
i ran the viper twice...
Old 12-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Launching!

I thought we all knew a stock Z06 can hit 128 mph and run a 10.999 in stock form?

I admit I was never a beleiver ...Till I raced one a few times from 70-160 mph...

Just a few weeks ago a guy at a private rental in a 100% stock z06 trapped 128 mph..The DA was NEGATIVE 1500..wich is the best it gets but never the less the car ran the number...

128 trapp speeds plus great gearing and great arodynamics makes for a killer roll racer...

Ive only seen a few vids of ANY Z06's getting beat from a roll period...
Old 12-18-2009, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
no, he wants a piece of Ron 95ZR1, who has a new ZR1. As far as slow vette goes, you guys aint gonna get him to admit to anything: though I would bet that if someone showed up with one of those cylinder displacement checkers that measure the cylinder volume through the spark plug hole he would suddenly clam up and withdraw his offer to check his car. Not positive, its been awhile since I've seen one (part of Winston Cup West tech inspection: originated in NASCAR I believe), but I do believe they can check cam duration too? Or its a combination of volume displacement and cam size? Pretty simple tool actually, can't be too hard to find.

i'm down for that. got nothing to hide. i'm just as suprised with the outcome like anyone else
Old 12-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Launching!

S.
Do a search on his name here and corvette forum..If it's true that he started a thread talking about a blown Z06 engine with nos then he likely is not being honest..but if we find nonthing then perhaps it is what it is??????
Old 12-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Killemall
Do a search on his name here and corvette forum..If it's true that he started a thread talking about a blown Z06 engine with nos then he likely is not being honest..but if we find nonthing then perhaps it is what it is??????
What does that prove?
If it's not posted on the internet, it didn't happen?

S.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

of course it doesn't, you're just in denial LOL. so according to you where would i hide the 10lb bottle in a car where you see my trunk literally? LOL

and you're not the first person to hide a bottle (it doesn't need to be a 10# bottle)
S.
Very true. It can be 10-lb or 2 5-lb bottles or smaller in the small compartments of the trunk.

or if it was me being sneaky, id hide 2 small 5-lb bottles in the front fenders or corners of the front bumper.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

Very true. It can be 10-lb or 2 5-lb bottles or smaller in the small compartments of the trunk.

or if it was me being sneaky, id hide 2 small 5-lb bottles in the front fenders or corners of the front bumper.
i have no motive to be sneaky. i'm not running for money.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:31 AM
TECH Regular

For some reason, I believe Slow Vette.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Lol me too, Slow Vette is being way to calm collective and cool about this whole ordeal for me to think of him as a liar lol

Plus there are always factory freaks, and duds as well. Im not saying one car is this or that but in the real world roll races are not always decided on paper.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ke^in
me too,,, Slow Vette
Old 12-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Teching In

I live in Northern California. And if your car has what you say it has then prepare to be humiliated. I don't know what kind of issues the drivers in your area have but I don't have those problems.

Quick Reply: **VID** 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs My C6Z06