Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

cop z28 kill

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cop z28 kill

ok little explanation before i get to the story.. here in michigan every once in a while you run across an early 4th gen camero that looks stock except for a little bubble light on the dash board.... highway cops!
well this morining on mound on the way to work one such z28 pulls up next to me .. i look over at him and see the light on the dash and ignor him... untill he throws some revs at me... so i figgure ok hes just trying to sucker me in... light changes and he gets a decent launch... so i hang slightly behid him just to see what he would do... nothing ....
next light we line up again and he starts throwing revs at me again... so i figgure **** it lifes short if any thing ill get a good story out of it.. so the light changes we both get good launches (traction blows on my tires) through first he was right there with me.. seckond i jumped ahead and by third he was about 2 lengths back... by then we were getting close to traffic so i shut it down ... he noticed the drop back and did the same except he dropped in my lane behind me and threw on my lights..
i just kinda thought to my self... figgures the one time i find a cool cop he was just trying to sucker me in.....
so i pull over and stop .... of corse he has to sit in his car a bit
he comes up to my windo and asks the question "do you know why i pulled you over" feeling cocky i say 'because i won?'
much to my supprize he started laughing... so he stood there and b-sed with me a bit... he was actully a pritty cool guy... turns out he was running a stock lt-1 with headers.... stock exaust but headers.... and he was supprized i out ran him with a v6 bird
so i told him what i was running and he was shocked that it still looked like the 6banger special... he told me to have a nice day i did like wise and he replied 'it woulda been alot better if you would have tried to run' ...
so next time you guys get pissed at cops remember there are some of us behind that badge.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've sure never come across any of "us" that wear a badge. As a matter of fact, one of "us" just gave my g/f a ticket yesterday. I'm not a fan of cops.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by unit213
I've sure never come across any of "us" that wear a badge. As a matter of fact, one of "us" just gave my g/f a ticket yesterday. I'm not a fan of cops.
i never was eather till i ran into this one... i guess it just does the heart good to meet one of em.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:59 AM
STF Veteran

luck ***...
Old 12-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Banned

well the same thing happen to me while seating at a red light this z28 was behide me light turns green and im onit hes on my *** next light is 1960 i turn so does he pulls next to me and its a harris county sheriff he looks at me and i look at him and oshit and then he hits and i follow he had me by two lenghts and stayed there up to 100mp than he exited at hardy toll. then about aweek later i was on 1960 when this z28 gets next to me i give him the nod and go from 40mp roll all the up to 120mp red light was coming up and i had him by 1car. i pull and so does he and what the **** when he got out it was the same sheriff very cooooool he had a sheriff t-shirt on so we talked and had cam and all the bolt ons headers me lid and chokemaster he said he ran a 13.2 HRP very cool cop. well as all you see i cant type so good luck reading and come on with **** talking and by the he said he had 410gears.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cuda ur a lucky ****...

Wes
Old 12-19-2003, 09:50 AM
STF Veteran

Damn Cuda! That was a cool *** story. We have a few troopers that have LS1's but they are all marked up so I doubt they would be game. Anyway, Great story.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StockTAWS-6
well the same thing happen to me while seating at a red light this z28 was behide me light turns green and im onit hes on my *** next light is 1960 i turn so does he pulls next to me and its a harris county sheriff he looks at me and i look at him and oshit and then he hits and i follow he had me by two lenghts and stayed there up to 100mp than he exited at hardy toll. then about aweek later i was on 1960 when this z28 gets next to me i give him the nod and go from 40mp roll all the up to 120mp red light was coming up and i had him by 1car. i pull and so does he and what the **** when he got out it was the same sheriff very cooooool he had a sheriff t-shirt on so we talked and had cam and all the bolt ons headers me lid and chokemaster he said he ran a 13.2 HRP very cool cop. well as all you see i cant type so good luck reading and come on with **** talking and by the he said he had 410gears.
no **** talking just a smart *** comment.... im suprized the sherriff could keep up with a stock 521 hp beast...... and thats all i got.. just wanted to bust your ***** a little man , you know its just in good fun.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey cuda like 99-ls1 said we have troopers w/ camaros around here and you know how gung-ho they can get. but a buddie of mine did have one do that to him and he wanted to race so bad----- but his wife started raising hell and wouldnt let him.he was like . the trooper kept looking over and gouging it. damn that would be hard not to go, i really want to race one. after all they are the fastest police patrol vehicle in the US. they are supposed to top out at 162 mph. atleast that is what i read in the paper. later
Old 12-19-2003, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

sweeeeet
girls always get in the way of a good time.... too bad..
ya know a sick part of me has always wanted to **** off a f-body cop and run from him... you watch the chase videos on tv and you cant help but wonder how you would do agenst them.... if i die and find out im immortal than im definely going to give it a shot... till then ill be a good little citizen ..... um... relitivly speeking
Old 12-19-2003, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats cool, but not many like us behind the badge...
Old 12-19-2003, 04:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Most cop Camaros are just Base Z's with better under pinnings correct???
Old 12-19-2003, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

What about K9KEV and LAWMAN? They are cool *** cops sporting modded LS1s
-JOSH

Last edited by soldier6552; 12-21-2003 at 03:13 AM.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:33 PM
Launching!

two cool cop stories both in my 69.
first one was about 6 months after I got it. driving along about 5 over and blue lights, turns out the cop just wanted to see the 69 up close. we bs'd about 30 min and he left.

the second was when I stilll had the 406 tremec 5 spd. I was having some tuning issues, the carb was breaking up at high rpm. I was taking a break from working on it, drove in to the town near my dad's place to grab a bite to eat. just above my dad's place on the way back I decide to open it up. there are two half mile straights with a slight right hander in the middle. I got up to @ 130 on the first straight, started slowing for the turn going to open it up again on the second straight. as soon as i started slowing down I see blue lights from behind a tree. I shifted into neutral and coasted to a stop got out and sat on the drivers fender. it was a georgia state trooper. he jumped out and yelled what the hell were you doing?! I explained about the carb problem and he was cooling down, he suprised me by asking if I'd tried the fuel level and a few other carb questions. he ended up letting me go with a warning and complements about my car.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice!! i actully got pulled over at work today.. stupid rent-o-cops. he got me on a 30 in a 15 and an expired proof of insurence and he let me go "um seeing how its the holidays and all..." translation 'i cant make any thing stick because all i have is a wistle and a note pad'..... "ill just let you go with a warning" translation : 'ill try to save face after asking you if you have a probablem finding the gass pettel after pulling you over for speeding'
what a chump... ah well cant get away with every thing i guess.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you are one lucky dude!! man, i dont think a got enough ballz to
race a cop... nice kill :thumb.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey cuda were you on van dyke/ hall road like 11 last night?
Old 12-23-2003, 10:44 AM
STF Veteran

Good kill, cuda! Wish there were more of "us" around, so I could get a cop car kill, too. Yeah, I'm with unit. Not too partial to cops myself. Nothing against the ones that are straight shooters, though.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ta12sec
hey cuda were you on van dyke/ hall road like 11 last night?
thats my normal stompin grounds but no... i was over my friends house hall and haze last night bout that time... sorry man not me. next time look for the decipticon logo on the front fenders in between the wheel wells and doors above the bump rails... dead give away on my car... oh that and the saturn of lakeside licens plate holder.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:36 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by cudaeh
dead give away on my car... oh that and the saturn of lakeside licens plate holder.
Why not get a honda one!