Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

calling out Zanthius...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003 | 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigBronco
i have not posted on the board in a long *** time.
yeah whats up with that? ive been talking **** about you this whole time and nothing!! where the **** were you?
Old 12-23-2003 | 11:33 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1998silverbird
If you live between NC and NY then we should meet up sometime either at the track or on the street and have a little wager on it.. Say 500.00 dollars or so.. Talking all this **** about my car well Lets see what you got.. I mean my car isnt even making 300 rwhp.. Hell it isnt even making 400ftlbs either.. Well isnt right now.. So if you have ***** to run my Firebird then PM me or post here.. This is directed towards Zanthius...

You have $500 to bet on a race, but you bought a V6....THAT doesn't make sense. I like F-body's, and the V6's are OK....but it is a VERY true statement that if you want to go fast, the best and most economical way is to start with the fastest stock set up you can get. Its just logical. Not saying that building a V6 is crazy, just not nearly as logical as building a V8. A guy up here stroked a 305 TPI camaro, got like 337 cubes or something...it was a terd. I told his friends in front of him it was stupid to do that, and since he built the entire motor, he should have put forth the extra couple $$$ to start with a 350, and make it a 383, which is tried and true as you could ever want. He got mad, talked about hitting me, never did, and ran probably high 13's at best. I had a 383 at the time and ran low 10's. People trying to do "their own thing" ofen get mad because their results are not what they would like them to be. 14.2 for a V6 today is not impressive at all, unfortuately many import cars run low 14's with 4 and 6 cylinders, and the neon SRT does this as well. If this was 1988, and you had a V6 running 14.2, that would be cool, but cars are a lot faster today, and a 14.2 V6 running mods (especially nitrous) is not "cool" in my book when a stock LS1 runs 13's.

Calm down, enjoy your car, realize your mistake, and get a V8...you will be happier. Don't take every ones opinion, even mine, too seriously. Live life for yourself, not to compare to or to please other.

SDB
Old 12-24-2003 | 05:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SDB
You have $500 to bet on a race, but you bought a V6....THAT doesn't make sense. I like F-body's, and the V6's are OK....but it is a VERY true statement that if you want to go fast, the best and most economical way is to start with the fastest stock set up you can get. Its just logical. Not saying that building a V6 is crazy, just not nearly as logical as building a V8. A guy up here stroked a 305 TPI camaro, got like 337 cubes or something...it was a terd. I told his friends in front of him it was stupid to do that, and since he built the entire motor, he should have put forth the extra couple $$$ to start with a 350, and make it a 383, which is tried and true as you could ever want. He got mad, talked about hitting me, never did, and ran probably high 13's at best. I had a 383 at the time and ran low 10's. People trying to do "their own thing" ofen get mad because their results are not what they would like them to be. 14.2 for a V6 today is not impressive at all, unfortuately many import cars run low 14's with 4 and 6 cylinders, and the neon SRT does this as well. If this was 1988, and you had a V6 running 14.2, that would be cool, but cars are a lot faster today, and a 14.2 V6 running mods (especially nitrous) is not "cool" in my book when a stock LS1 runs 13's.

Calm down, enjoy your car, realize your mistake, and get a V8...you will be happier. Don't take every ones opinion, even mine, too seriously. Live life for yourself, not to compare to or to please other.

SDB

If you did not read my sig it says I have two other V8 F-bodies.. I just find it more fun to mod my V6.. Who cares.. If I hada 3.8 GN it would be a different story but all I have a is a 3.8 Firebird.. For your info 13 seconds isnt fast for a stock car either.. Why did you get a LS1?? Why are you dumping all this money into it when you could have bought a 03 Cobra for 32,000 and it already has a fully built motor and runs 12.5 second 1/4 stock vrs 13.2-13.4 LS1 stock?.. and with the mods you buy for a 03 cobra be way faster then your LS1.. I have this buddie of mine that bought his Cobra for 31,000 , Put full exaust, Smaller pully, Gears, and nitto's and ran a 11.4 @122mph.. Its all about what you want to do..
I have alot more then 500.00 dollars to bet on a race.. I didnt have money 3 years ago when I purchased my Firebird for 9999.00.. I wanted a LS1 but the dealers wouldnt give me a T/A for under 32,000.. So I just bought my V6 and met a couple guys on FirebirdV6 that run low 12's with not a whole lot done to there cars and Thats that.. If I didnt see any potential in my car I would trade it in on a LS1 or more likely a 03 Cobra.. But as you see in my sig I put down just under 300hp and 400ftlbs on a 90 shot with headers, 3 inch Flowmaster, whisper lid, and MSD coil packs on a totally stock motor.. now I am spraying a 125 shot..

If you want to mod your LS1 and not buy a 03 Cobra thats fine.. If I want to mod my V6 and not buy a LS1 that should also be fine..
Old 12-24-2003 | 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SDB

SDB
do we have to go over this each time?

hes going to do what he wants whats the point of arguing with him about it... if the man wants to make a v6 go fast and see how mutch it costs then fine let him!
arguing with him about this is like telling me that i spell shittie... we all know so ******* what?
Old 12-27-2003 | 03:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Silver Bird, first off do not threaten anyone with a 79 TA or a 88 5.0. I have driven and killed both. I also have a 79 Z28 (with all the free mods and a load more to come) and their is very little difference between that and a TA. Those cars although a buttload of fun are most definately not capable of keeping up with a new LS1. Another thing do not talk crap about LS1's when you have no idea what they run.
Old 12-27-2003 | 03:33 PM
STF Veteran

13 seconds isn't fast for a stock car? what the hell is fast then?

I would judge that if you take 100 random cars off the highway, a stock LS1 is faster than probably 99 of them. 99th percentile is pretty ****** good. Get that on the SAT and you're in almost any college you want. Get that on the ASVAB and you've got your pick of military careers.

I've said it before, in this very thread, fast is a relative term. There is always someone faster. Even if you're running 4 second 1/4 mile times, there's some guy flying by in an F-18 looking down at you going "cute". Relativly speaking, 13 second 1/4 mile times out of a stock automobile is pretty damn fast, and low 14s actually arn't bad either. You guys just like to argue a lot.
Old 12-27-2003 | 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

fast goes to different things. if a civic runs a 13 stock, i think that is pretty damn quick. if a mustang runs a 14 bone stock, or a ls1 runs a high 12 or 13, that is quick. but i do not consider it fast. things have different boundries for what is considered fast. if a ss runs a 9, that is FAST.
Old 12-27-2003 | 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I live in NC, I wanna race! I don't get many races out here where I live, I've had a couple but not many.

-Sly
Old 12-29-2003 | 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MillaTK
man some dub owners are plain stupid and are a disgrace to the name... Now... I know I love my VW but, I know, especially at its 17 secondish state, its not gonna run with a stock LS1 unless say they give me a five car lead and we go to 60... Even then, i dont know... anyway, thats funny about the civic SI. Now that is really dumb... Stupid ricers... You sure he didnt have an intake? I mean, with an intake they think they are all bad *** and ****, and think it adds like 50Hp instead of the 5Hp that it really gives them...
well...i used to like VW's...i mean...c'mon...they make them like audi's....but lately (1998+), theyre turning more and more 'girlish'....such a shame...theyre still good cars...but i feel like if they only sold them in pink, their sales would go up...haha...

as for the GTI, he got a 14psi turbo...and he said that hes hoping i dont do anything to my car...so he would stand a chance...nice guy..i just feel offended...i mean...me, not do anything to my car????

and the idiot with the civic is just...what can i say...an idiot...he bought the same turbine as the fella with the GTI because the manufacturers told him he'll run 12's with it.....i cant wait to see him blow up his engine!!!

but i've raced a few cars already...i'm just not the type to post kill stories...sorry....but i dont think anyone wants to hear about me beating a VW or SI unless its really fast or something...
Old 12-29-2003 | 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BigBronco
fast goes to different things. if a civic runs a 13 stock, i think that is pretty damn quick. if a mustang runs a 14 bone stock, or a ls1 runs a high 12 or 13, that is quick. but i do not consider it fast. things have different boundries for what is considered fast. if a ss runs a 9, that is FAST.
uh...so whats a v6 that runs 14??...hehe....
Old 12-29-2003 | 04:17 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Zanthius
uh...so whats a v6 that runs 14??...hehe....
What's yours run, mid 13's?
Old 12-29-2003 | 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Lots of typing just to get deleted...

Play nice.

This one's gone on WAY too long.

Last edited by unit213; 12-29-2003 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-29-2003 | 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

my bronco can make a 15-16 sec pass. man it is so horribly slow. but hey i can take out a civic. just stop this ridiculos thread and lock it up.

"Cuff 'em boys!" Chief Wiggum