Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another race to tell you about...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
I have seen PLENTY of boosted 2 Vs that will get their **** smashed. There is a Turbo 2V about an hour away from me that supposedly eats LS1s...... He won't come run me though.
C'mon Evan, this has gotta be one of the dumbest posts you've ever made. Right off the top of my head I can count at least 4 FI'd 2v's that would push your **** in, one of them *** raped my 12.0 Fox by 10+ car lengths by 120mph.

OP, you sure you were actually racing and not being a dick bag and trying to beat somebody to a merge?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TRMach1
Oh really? Even Motor Trend magazine, with some of the worst wheel men in the business came through with this:

In only 4.9 seconds, the Mustang GT is moving at a speed of 60 mph. Compared with last year's Bullitt, a car that donated its more potent powertrain and rear axle to the 2010 GT, that time represents a 0.1-second improvement, in other words, the quickest sprint Motor Trend has ever coaxed out of a stock Mustang GT. Less than nine ticks later, at 13.5 seconds, the GT eclipses the quarter mile at a speed of 104.2 mph.

The current 4.6L 3V Mustang GT is a solid mid-13 second car. With a decent tune put into the computer, it becomes a low-13 second car.
i agree with your post, but OP won that's what matters, he beat the driver of course. that's why i was questioning his race against the 09 GT
Old 01-25-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SixShooterCam
for a girl that is pretty good...
Wow... There are women out there that would make you look like you don't even know how to put a car in gear. Sex means nothing.
Originally Posted by Sarge_13
C'mon Evan, this has gotta be one of the dumbest posts you've ever made. Right off the top of my head I can count at least 4 FI'd 2v's that would push your **** in, one of them *** raped my 12.0 Fox by 10+ car lengths by 120mph.
Nah man, 2Vs are worthless piles.. Even boosted they can't keep up with a NA ls1. Complete utter garbage. Most boosted 2Vs run low 13s with a select few in the high 12s.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Ke^in;12798083]I mean you add a "50 shot" (wtf?) on the GT and he'd be walking him too. His car without the 50shot (Maybe even with) isn't even making 300rwhp. I don't know why he is talking so much crap. My car isn't making 300 either, but I've never tried to say I can take bikes. Nor would I can any car equal or better than mine "worthless" Someone didn't inform him only LS1 fbody owners are allowed to call 2v GTs worthless [/QUOTE]

Actually.... bet my 1V would kick your 2V's ***... hehehe
Old 01-25-2010, 11:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... There are women out there that would make you look like you don't even know how to put a car in gear. Sex means nothing.

Nah man, 2Vs are worthless piles.. Even boosted they can't keep up with a NA ls1. Complete utter garbage. Most boosted 2Vs run low 13s with a select few in the high 12s.
Idk about this part man.....but regardless, the other parts are true. We saw a chick crack I think a high 7 on Saturday in a twin turbo stang. Idk the whole build, its a shop's car here in Phoenix, but it looks mean pulling the wheels through the 60', and having two turbos where the fogs go (S197). Boosted 2v loosing to a N/A ls1...yea...I pulled a vortec'd one . But its all in the set up, as we all know. A basic bolt on, small trim blower and tune will make decent power, but chances are (from the limited experience I have), still wont be able to hang with a decent built H/C geared ls1 car.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

whats sad is the mustang boys need boost to keep up with the LT1/LS1s.
Is that so?
Old 01-25-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Is that so?
You should know this from personal experience....
Old 01-25-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey, look...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...v-mustang.html
Old 01-26-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

eevveerrryyy sssinnnggglllleeee thread in this section turns into f-body vs. mustang. It's an argument I myself love having, but i'm serious people, how hard is it to say "good kill" and keep your day moving instead of "oh well you take that 01 mustang and put a blower on it and it'll walk that POS Lt1"
Old 01-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

You should know this from personal experience....
Definately so
Old 01-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Xtreme864
eevveerrryyy sssinnnggglllleeee thread in this section turns into f-body vs. mustang. It's an argument I myself love having, but i'm serious people, how hard is it to say "good kill" and keep your day moving instead of "oh well you take that 01 mustang and put a blower on it and it'll walk that POS Lt1"
Why do you think there are so many people that come in here? I bet you its not because everyone says "good kill". That would get pretty boring pretty fast.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Xtreme864
"oh well you take that 01 mustang and put a blower on it and it'll walk that POS Lt1"
Because it won't........
Old 01-26-2010, 12:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Why do you think there are so many people that come in here? I bet you its not because everyone says "good kill". That would get pretty boring pretty fast.
World peace man, world peace....

Yea right, FUUUUCK THAT!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by raysadude
wow 12.8 with bolt ons is really impresive
i'm just curious with the 09 GT that you beat, because i heard they're a match for LS1 and you mentioned you lost to 1, but nice kill anyway
yeah i lost to the LS1 I raced... but im sure that thing a lot more done to it than my car... but stock for stock it would rip me in the higher speeds anyway... I know the 09 GTs are way slower than the LS1s
Old 01-26-2010, 01:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TRMach1
Oh really? Even Motor Trend magazine, with some of the worst wheel men in the business came through with this:

In only 4.9 seconds, the Mustang GT is moving at a speed of 60 mph. Compared with last year's Bullitt, a car that donated its more potent powertrain and rear axle to the 2010 GT, that time represents a 0.1-second improvement, in other words, the quickest sprint Motor Trend has ever coaxed out of a stock Mustang GT. Less than nine ticks later, at 13.5 seconds, the GT eclipses the quarter mile at a speed of 104.2 mph.

The current 4.6L 3V Mustang GT is a solid mid-13 second car. With a decent tune put into the computer, it becomes a low-13 second car.
Here comes another mustang owner to its defense....

1) I dont know what they ran (I dont pay attention to FORDs)

2) I simply googled and found what I found

3) Depends on the driver - I can find you someone to make it low-mid 13s and a driver that can make it a mid 14 second car
Old 01-26-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

yeah i lost to the LS1 I raced... but im sure that thing a lot more done to it than my car... but stock for stock it would rip me in the higher speeds anyway... I know the 09 GTs are way slower than the LS1s
Even if it has the exact same mods you have it would have walked you pretty good.
The 09 GTs aren't "way slower" than an ls1, it is actually a VERY good race with the ls1 having a greater advantage the higher the speeds go (displacement). An 09 GT would beat an lt1.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Launching!

no disrespect to women at all.... for that girl it wasnt bad she wasnt that great of a driver to be honest but I knew a girl that drove a Stage 2 Roush Mustang pretty nicely... I should have worded what I said differently
Old 01-26-2010, 01:25 AM
Launching!

Even if it has the exact same mods you have it would have walked you pretty good.
The 09 GTs aren't "way slower" than an ls1, it is actually a VERY good race with the ls1 having a greater advantage the higher the speeds go (displacement). An 09 GT would beat an lt1.
Perhaps... but this guy didnt beat me.. He wasnt a douche bag about it either... I wouldve been pissed if a guy half my age beat my car I just bought... he literally had his TRP on it ...
Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Perhaps... but this guy didnt beat me.. He wasnt a douche bag about it either... I wouldve been pissed if a guy half my age beat my car I just bought... he literally had his TRP on it ...
You would have yes... But you are still young. I love GM cars and would much rather have one over a Ford in *most cases.. But he is driving a much nicer car than you are. I'm sure he was perfectly fine with the outcome. Not to mention he was probably bone stock and not an awesome driver.
As you age you will appreciate the "whole package" much more.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:37 AM
Launching!

You would have yes... But you are still young. I love GM cars and would much rather have one over a Ford in *most cases.. But he is driving a much nicer car than you are. I'm sure he was perfectly fine with the outcome. Not to mention he was probably bone stock and not an awesome driver.
As you age you will appreciate the "whole package" much more.
only time will tell

Quick Reply: Another race to tell you about...