Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 vs Challenger SRT8

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WS6 vs Challenger SRT8

So I was there at the light about to merge on the highway, all of a sudden a black challenger SRT8 stops next to me. It sounded pretty nice when he revved and had some nice deep dish wheels, very sharp looking car. So the light turned green and we started to roll right around 15mph I hear him gun it so I returned the favor. My car felt like it was skating on ice, but he was already falling behind, threw into 2nd and the car spun rly bad and fishtailed a little bit I kept going, threw into 3rdd and still spun a little bit but finally hooked and I stopped at the top of third which is when I decided to look at the side view and saw him very far back.

A little ways down the hgway he rolls up again and down shifts next to me, I put her into 2nd and gave him the go ahead, I waited till his tail lights were at my front bumper and gunned it. I caught up and passed him but misshifted into 3rd (lol) he started to pass me and I quickly tried to get it into 3rd, by the time I got it into 3rd he was already a car ahead. Immediately stopped his pull and was right next to him when I went to 4th and started to jog away easily. We gave each other thumbs up and kept going on our business. Those challengers sure have some sexy bodies
Old 03-03-2010, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice race. Mods? Horsepower? I'd really like to race an srt-8...
Old 03-03-2010, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a fun day there! Too rare when the other driver is not a jerk
Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Mods in sig, well ull get the gist of it. Bolt ons, cam, lca panhard lowered, usual ****
Old 03-04-2010, 06:29 AM
10 Second Club

When I was a bolt on car I ran one from a roll. We would honk it off and he would pull about a car length on me. After a few seconds I would stop his pull and then start to reel him in, then pass him at around 100mph or so. The races were from about 35mph to about 115-120mph.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Nice kill OP, I got to run one from a dig about a year ago, and by the top of third I think I had about a car and half to two cars on him. They do look nice from the side, but from the back....idk its like they look tall and narrow although I know they are just as wide as any other car, guess its the height of the car that creates that optical illusion.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:12 AM
Staging Lane

Nice kill. Even tuned he wouldn't beat a cammed, bolt-on LS1.

I/E/T vs. I/E/T and stock vs. stock are good races though.

Quick Reply: WS6 vs Challenger SRT8