WTF is a "Stage II STi"??

downpipe + tune= stage 2
Old 03-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO Jimbo
downpipe + tune= stage 2
Ok.

I hate it when people talk about mods in terms of "stages"; maybe it's because I'm used to the old school way of knowing each and every single specific modification on a car.

BTW, if that's a "Stage II", what is a Stage I? K&N Filter?

What would a BPU car be, Stage IX?

And a fully built car would be Stage XXXVII...
Old 03-11-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD
Ok.

I hate it when people talk about mods in terms of "stages"; maybe it's because I'm used to the old school way of knowing each and every single specific mods on a car.
I'm with you on this. The "stage" designation is too ricer for me. My import/euro friends always talk about their mods into stages, making their own stages that nobody adheres to. Whereas I would say a intake/exhaust car or a bolt on, they insist its a Stage I or Stage II. I find it retarded.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

some good runs
Old 03-11-2010, 04:23 AM
Banned

WTF is a "Stage II STi"??

Cobb stage 2 is the tune
Old 03-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GTO Jimbo
There's about 4-5 all4bspinnins on nasioc.

Are you dave from florida? Had the built Integra with a 35R.

------
Still trying to figure out which year the sti is. Video says 06, thread description says 07.
07's had the vf43 and revised gear ratios.

+1 for the turbo cobalts. Very underestimated yet pack a punch!
Yes sir!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:56 AM
Teching In

Ok.

I hate it when people talk about mods in terms of "stages"; maybe it's because I'm used to the old school way of knowing each and every single specific modification on a car.

BTW, if that's a "Stage II", what is a Stage I? K&N Filter?

What would a BPU car be, Stage IX?

And a fully built car would be Stage XXXVII...
A stage two is basically subaru lingo... it started a while back when companies were doing "power packages"

stage one was roughly a tune, intake ...when you installed the downpipe, thats when you went stage 2. its just how suby owners identify those cars that have downpipe/tunes and approx 300whp.

everyone has different opinions of what a stage 3 is... a stage 4 is usually an sti with a turbo swap.

All4be...

If your wallet would allow it, I would highly suggest to skip the 20G and go for a rotated ultimate racing 35R kit + big tmic. the gearing on the sti is so short that it will spool a big turbo pretty quick. If your wallet woulnt allow it, a 20G is a good option but it seems to hit its max around +/- 400hp... for most v8 power you'll need a bit more

let me know if you have any questions about when you go external
Old 03-11-2010, 06:10 AM
Staging Lane

The cobalt turbo has the world record front wheel drive for nurburing (how ever you spell it). The mustang done better than I thought. From factory the cobalt is 263hp and the mustang is 225hp, I cant remember torque, the stang might have it there. I wonder what power they have with their mods. Good vid!

Last edited by jeffs93z28; 03-11-2010 at 06:11 AM. Reason: added
Old 03-11-2010, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
hey screamin id like to see how my cadi would do against your camaro without the spray next time we meet.

Just for fun of course, seeing your camaro makes me miss my LT1 f-bodie!
Absolutely! Seeing how you handled that Evo, it'll probably be a really good race as long as your clutch/trans isn't acting up.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffs93z28
The cobalt turbo has the world record front wheel drive for nurburing (how ever you spell it). The mustang done better than I thought. From factory the cobalt is 263hp and the mustang is 225hp, I cant remember torque, the stang might have it there. I wonder what power they have with their mods. Good vid!
the cobalt is 260tq stock.
tuned is a whole diff story!

and i agree with the stage crap.
im gm stage 1 as well as the OP.
but if asked about mods, i say is tuned with a warranty
Old 03-11-2010, 08:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hugger1975
the cobalt is 260tq stock.
tuned is a whole diff story!

and i agree with the stage crap.
im gm stage 1 as well as the OP.
but if asked about mods, i say is tuned with a warranty
The good thing is that you can do all the Charge Piping and IC and still not void warranty. I went with the DP that is catted so it wouldn't have to change any of the emmission codes. these little GM cars are very fun and I think I have more fun in mine than I did in the Z28. They feel more stable...
Old 03-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by all4bspinnin
A stage two is basically subaru lingo... it started a while back when companies were doing "power packages"

stage one was roughly a tune, intake ...when you installed the downpipe, thats when you went stage 2. its just how suby owners identify those cars that have downpipe/tunes and approx 300whp.

everyone has different opinions of what a stage 3 is... a stage 4 is usually an sti with a turbo swap.

All4be...

If your wallet would allow it, I would highly suggest to skip the 20G and go for a rotated ultimate racing 35R kit + big tmic. the gearing on the sti is so short that it will spool a big turbo pretty quick. If your wallet woulnt allow it, a 20G is a good option but it seems to hit its max around +/- 400hp... for most v8 power you'll need a bit more

let me know if you have any questions about when you go external
I would love to go rotated! However now we are talking big bucks. A rotated kit alone is a little pricey not to mention Subaru pistons suck ****. But ya never know what the future holds.My goal is to knock on 400whp door. But i would love to see my TQ numbers at 440. I am hoping to get my car on a dyno very soon just to see what i am running with my current mods + cobb tune.

I agree with the whole stage thing. I am normally on Subaru boards and that is how everyone refers to their mods. But to clear things up my mods are as the following
3inch Downpipe (catless )
Short ram intake (came on the car when i bought it)
3inch Cat Back
Cobb tune- I believe my target boost is suppose to be 19ish but i creep to about 21.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aweesome runs, especially Cobalt vs STI. And way to drive that 5.0 (to whomever that was).

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You guys can call BS all you want but when my 5.0 was bolt ons I stayed ahead of a LS1 until 3rd gear from a dig.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Is it just me or did anyone else think he was gonna snap the shifter off the 5.0 haha. Driving that 13 second car like it was in the 9s, but he could launch it ill give him that.
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Driver mod FTW
x2! I don't know about anyone else, but pretty much every time I race, I drive my car like it's a nine second car, especially when I know I'm about to lose.
Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Great races, man! Next time we go cruising I'll bring out my G8. Should be a decent race for the Cobalt.
I'd like to see this again.
Originally Posted by slowc6
ya cool sounds like fun maybe ill run your camaro when my vette is done N/A that is lol
Definitely! Gonna be a bolt-on LS2, right? I've never raced one, but that should be a very good race.
I would especially like to see this one. I ran a full exhaust/tune LS2 Vette a while back. He had the targa top out and a girlfriend in the car. I pulled him pretty good, especially once we got going but I would have liked to see it without the passenger or top out. Here's the thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-c6-vette.html

If the Vette guy can drive, that should be a really good race.
Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
hey screamin id like to see how my cadi would do against your camaro without the spray next time we meet.

Just for fun of course, seeing your camaro makes me miss my LT1 f-bodie!
Absolutely! Seeing how you handled that Evo, it'll probably be a really good race as long as your clutch/trans isn't acting up.
And I ALSO want to see this race. I wish I had a chance to run the Caddy, especially now with the new cam and power. Screaminredz should give us a pretty good idea of how it would have gone, though, because we were pretty close on the highway.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by allFOURSbeSPINNIN
I would love to go rotated! However now we are talking big bucks. A rotated kit alone is a little pricey not to mention Subaru pistons suck ****. But ya never know what the future holds.My goal is to knock on 400whp door. But i would love to see my TQ numbers at 440. I am hoping to get my car on a dyno very soon just to see what i am running with my current mods + cobb tune.

I agree with the whole stage thing. I am normally on Subaru boards and that is how everyone refers to their mods. But to clear things up my mods are as the following
3inch Downpipe (catless )
Short ram intake (came on the car when i bought it)
3inch Cat Back
Cobb tune- I believe my target boost is suppose to be 19ish but i creep to about 21.
oh man... you're just running a base cobb stage 2 map.... you need a custom tune man! the cobb maps still run a bit rich and tend to stay on the conservative side since it has to be universal for all sti's (in different climates, altitude, etc). At the very least i would suggest a custom tune.

Also, i highly recommend getting the stock manifolds ported with a big cross pipe... grimmspeed makes good stuff (im sure you've seen all this stuff).

Here is a link to the ult racing t3to4e kit:
http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Produ...TurboKit.shtml

its only 2600 and you can sell your stock catless uppipe, downpipe, & vf39. So you could probably get about 650 for selling all that stuff used...

The stock sti motor is actually very strong... ive seen stock sti motors hold 500+ whp. Its ALL in the tune!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

The stock sti motor is actually very strong... ive seen stock sti motors hold 500+ whp. Its ALL in the tune!
I see a lot of people close to 500awhp with these cars, but idk if that is safely.

This guy i know with an 06 Sti has a GT30( i think maybe gt35) and supporting mods and when he got tuned at a shop he dynoed 399whp and the shop told him the life expectancy of the motor with that power is about a year.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Teching In

How much power is the CTS-V making now? Can my 385whp GTO consider a rematch? I know SRZ's car will beat me pretty bad.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
How much power is the CTS-V making now? Can my 385whp GTO consider a rematch? I know SRZ's car will beat me pretty bad.
Im only make about 20 more then the last time I raced you but I had a slipping clutch so it would be alot better of a race this time

Screamin will put a hurtin on me im pretty sure, I wish he was still cam only.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Banned

Theres a guy out in waterbury that tunned my buddies STI, on the stock turbo,4" down pipe back, 19psi he made 350whp, stock I.C. btw

Car ******* moves, let me know if you want his info . Guy has his own software
Old 03-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
I see a lot of people close to 500awhp with these cars, but idk if that is safely.

This guy i know with an 06 Sti has a GT30( i think maybe gt35) and supporting mods and when he got tuned at a shop he dynoed 399whp and the shop told him the life expectancy of the motor with that power is about a year.
399whp is not a lot to only have a life expectancy for a year on an ej257... if he was making 599whp then I would say it may not last the year but at 399 he should be able to beat on it for quite some time.

my buddy's sz49 (50trim) sti has lasted since late 05 with that big turbo and a decent amount of abuse. If his tune is good, he keeps his plugs fresh, good fuel in the tank, and good oil in the motor he should be ok for much longer... and if he doesnt beat the crap out of the car constantly
Old 03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Teching In

399whp is not a lot to only have a life expectancy for a year on an ej257... if he was making 599whp then I would say it may not last the year but at 399 he should be able to beat on it for quite some time.

my buddy's sz49 (50trim) sti has lasted since late 05 with that big turbo and a decent amount of abuse. If his tune is good, he keeps his plugs fresh, good fuel in the tank, and good oil in the motor he should be ok for much longer... and if he doesnt beat the crap out of the car constantly
its all about preventative maintenance, make sure your fluids are clean! I freak out if i go over 200 miles on an oil change. Try to make damn sure i change it every 3000.