Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

370z vs 2004 stang GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 01:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TierAngst
And that means? You upset that I don't drive the most overproduced POS sports car ever produced? Sorry, I dislike mustangs even more than 370z's. But as stated, it's whatever makes the owner happy.
The 78 Caprice is not really the sexiest car ever produced man. Yours may be cool but its still a box. I'm not bashing you for the car but damn you have to admit that the F-body and the Stang is more stylish. I agree wholeheartedly about whatever makes the owner happy but damn.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She's quite ugly right now, I've got a lot of work to do since I'm still rebuilding it from the flood. It's actually surprising that I do get so many compliments on it the way it sits though probably more to do with the way it sounds than anything. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2943061/3

I got it because it was rare, not sexy. How often do you see a 77-79 coupe? And I'll admit that the LS1 T/A's were more stylish but the rest of the fourth gen f-bodies look like crap, and don't get me started on mustangs. It's extremely rare that I find a mustang attractive. Remember, it's all about opinion.

Last edited by TierAngst; 03-19-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

She's quite ugly right now, I've got a lot of work to do since I'm still rebuilding it from the flood. It's actually surprising that I do get so many compliments on it the way it sits though probably more to do with the way it sounds than anything. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2943061/3

I got it because it was rare, not sexy. How often do you see a 77-79 coupe? And I'll admit that the LS1 T/A's were more stylish but the rest of the fourth gen f-bodies look like crap, and don't get me started on mustangs. It's extremely rare that I find a mustang attractive. Remember, it's all about opinion.
Its all opinion for sure. A buddy of mine had a 77 Caprice with a tall deck big block in it. He never would tell me how big it was but I would guess in the 600 CI range. It was brutally fast for as heavy as that thing was. It ran 9's easy on a 10 inch tire. He had fun on the street with it as well. I haven't talked to him in years though.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicely done! I'd drive this over a stang any day.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:52 AM
Banned

And that means? You upset that I don't drive the most overproduced POS sports car ever produced? Sorry, I dislike mustangs even more than 370z's. But as stated, it's whatever makes the owner happy.
Enter Z33option. So what makes them a POS? Have you ever driven one for longer than a day? Have you ever driven a 350Z? Have you ever driven a 300ZX? Do you even know how many cylinders is in this car? Apparently if you cannot answer these questions in an honest fashion then you really need to gtfo.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z33Option
Enter Z33option. So what makes them a POS? Have you ever driven one for longer than a day? Have you ever driven a 350Z? Have you ever driven a 300ZX? Do you even know how many cylinders is in this car? Apparently if you cannot answer these questions in an honest fashion then you really need to gtfo.
Well the first problem is their owners can't read properly and confuse 370z with mustang and get all butt hurt over their own reading errors! Let me reword it for you since you've got an interpretation problem. Mustangs are an over produced POS. Honestly I think the 370z was a small step up in drivetrain performance and a huge step down in looks compared to the 350z. The G35/G37 on the other hand are a MUCH better looking car, though both them and the Z's I think are a tad overpriced. Do you drive an LSX car or even like them? If not and you're going to be rude, you're the one that needs to And also since you're probably thinking where do I get off saying this...

I bought this off of LS1 TJ here on the forum.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

I like the 370z's, I think Nissan has finally gone back to their Z-roots and created a great driver's car.
It's too bad you might catch a glimpse of its exterior design when you get in or out of it though. LOL.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

You say a Mustang is a POS then you post up this? http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2943061/3

She's quite ugly right now
You don't say LOL

It's actually surprising that I do get so many compliments on it the way it sits though probably more to do with the way it sounds than anything.
I actually do agree with you, that is very suprising how many compliments it gets.

I got it because it was rare.
Its rare because no one likes them. Its a great car to use as scrap metal though, which lucky most people use it for.

I'm usually not one to bash someone else's ride but you seem like a complete retard with tunnel vision.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

this thread is too funny..nice car op
Old 03-19-2010, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

i am with others, the 370z powertrain is great, but i like the styling of the 350z better. and the g35/g37 coupes blow both of them out of the water. but, nice kill and nice car.

TierAngst, i am a huge fan of the caprice coupes. about 5-10 yrs ago they had one in car craft or hot rod mag, that sucker was sick. it had a bbc in it, super clean, in and out and real fast. if i remember correct, it was black.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You say a Mustang is a POS then you post up this? http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2943061/3

You don't say LOL

I actually do agree with you, that is very suprising how many compliments it gets.

Its rare because no one likes them. Its a great car to use as scrap metal though, which lucky most people use it for.

I'm usually not one to bash someone else's ride but you seem like a complete retard with tunnel vision.
I said the most over produced POS, and said nothing about mine not being a POS in it's CURRENT condition. It's also rare because there were only 22k of them produced because the trend at the time was 4 doors (which are why box sedans are dime a dozen now). Just for 95 alone there were 165k Mustangs built... So explain how I'm a retard or have tunnel vision just because I have my own likes and opinions...ONCE AGAIN, it's whatever the owner likes and to hell with everyone else because they don't drive it. And no, I don't like mustangs but you sir do have a rare, nice example of one, especially considering the year. I also quite clearly stated that I was only messing with the OP because he sold his T/A for the weird flounder looking car and even gave him props on the kill. So why are you coming to his defense to bash my car?

Last edited by TierAngst; 03-19-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay so back to the race... nice kill OP always fun to test out a new car. My roommate just bought a 2007 350z and got it totaled by a retard running a redlight before I got to race him. I like the 370z looks but its out of my price range by a lot, nice ride.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:15 PM
10 Second Club

"Overproduced"? Umm your saying that Ford produced too many? So let me get this straight if a car is popular (That means people like it and are buying it) The car company should what, cut down production?
Old 03-19-2010, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Ford has always had a much better ability to follow what the people want vs most other companies. The market for a reasonably priced sports car was mostly void for years and Ford took advantage of this by pumping out tons of mustangs. I can't fault them for this, in fact I blame the other manufacturers for not stepping up with some competition. Maybe though I should have used the phrase dime a dozen rather than calling them overproduced.

Sorry for the the thread jack OP.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v

You don't say LOL

Old 03-19-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cpo
Wow, I'm a kiddo, stupid, and retarded all from one post. Seems I've outdone myself.

And for you sensitive types, "pictures of yer mum" was meant to be funny. Guess not, I'll delete it from my signature.
I just thought your post was ignorant...that's all.

however, that post, right there, that ooozes Immaturity. 40+ or not, veteran or not. Immaturity knows no age.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sooooooo back on track here, good kill. however, if im buying a drivers car like that, id buy a stick. usually z cars arent 1/4 mile kings and see alot more street time, so thatd be my choice. but opinions are like ********, everyones got one. personally, red with black wheels, those cool ones with the split at the end. i like the 370s, a little work with the headlights and itd be fine. i like the shorter wheelbase, the 350 was to big and chunky (and slow).[before the guy with the turbo 350 bitches, i mean in stock form]

i raced one and put a few cars on it, but it was still pretty quick and by no means a slaughter. actually, we need to get a rematch on video...
Old 03-19-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if i liked manuals i might have got one but. i just never got a thrill from it.

ill hopefully have close to 1500-2k miles on it by mid summer and ill take it to a track somewhere and get some times for it. ill be running my old car soon enough since my friend bought it from the dealer. but im still taking it easy.

and i bet i got more compliments in a day than your caprice got in 30 years. ive had people 60-70 years old mid 40s , 20's and teenagers all alike give me compliments on the car. and its price was 27999. so if you look at the performance cars like a camaro ss or ws6 back when they were being produced i got this cheaper. + the 32.5 mph i got coming home was nice. and im holding around 24mpg since the week past driving to work and back.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:00 PM
***Repost Police***

A nice 4-3 revmatched downshift going into a 70mph sweeper is something to write home about... just sayin.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

Wow dude I kinda like that Chevy but that freakin website I mean straight from the ghetto...Here's a few of my favorite quotes about Tier's car...

manee u got a serious *** 2 door box forreal. dat engine look serious. what kinda radiator is dat.

Car is very clean what kind of rasiator is that Im lookin for one similar to that come check my rides

super clean "sleeper", cant tell theres a monster under tha hooh till ya open it... may i suggest gettin those camaro rims chrome dipped..

Nobody on that site is gonna be splitting any atoms anytime soon.