Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

370z vs 2004 stang GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Nobody on that site is gonna be splitting any atoms anytime soon.
Those people can't even spell atom.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TierAngst
I said the most over produced POS, and said nothing about mine not being a POS in it's CURRENT condition. It's also rare because there were only 22k of them produced because the trend at the time was 4 doors (which are why box sedans are dime a dozen now). Just for 95 alone there were 165k Mustangs built... So explain how I'm a retard or have tunnel vision just because I have my own likes and opinions...ONCE AGAIN, it's whatever the owner likes and to hell with everyone else because they don't drive it. And no, I don't like mustangs but you sir do have a rare, nice example of one, especially considering the year. I also quite clearly stated that I was only messing with the OP because he sold his T/A for the weird flounder looking car and even gave him props on the kill. So why are you coming to his defense to bash my car?
Really?

Do you really want to get into production numbers and rarity regarding mustangs? Just because the 'body' themselves are a 'dime a dozen' doesn't mean there aren't rare mustangs. Soooooo...you really sure you want to bring that up?
Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Those people can't even spell atom.
Sure they can........adumb.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
and i bet i got more compliments in a day than your caprice got in 30 years. ive had people 60-70 years old mid 40s , 20's and teenagers all alike give me compliments on the car. and its price was 27999. so if you look at the performance cars like a camaro ss or ws6 back when they were being produced i got this cheaper. + the 32.5 mph i got coming home was nice. and im holding around 24mpg since the week past driving to work and back.
I hate having to repeat myself...I'm glad you're happy with it. Though I hope you're not bragging about those mileage numbers. LS1 guys that don't drive like every straightaway is a drag strip report those numbers all the time. 2 less cylinders, 2 less liters, 3 extra gears and 24 average is good mileage? I average 20 in my ghetto *** 30 year old brick. It really isn't saying much about you, I'm just seriously pissed that modern technology hasn't got us anywhere in terms of fuel economy.

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Wow dude I kinda like that Chevy but that freakin website I mean straight from the ghetto...Here's a few of my favorite quotes about Tier's car...

manee u got a serious *** 2 door box forreal. dat engine look serious. what kinda radiator is dat.

Car is very clean what kind of rasiator is that Im lookin for one similar to that come check my rides

super clean "sleeper", cant tell theres a monster under tha hooh till ya open it... may i suggest gettin those camaro rims chrome dipped..

Nobody on that site is gonna be splitting any atoms anytime soon.
Yeah, I use it just as picture hosting. I'm almost embarrassed to be on there sometimes for exactly the reason you stated.

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Really?

Do you really want to get into production numbers and rarity regarding mustangs? Just because the 'body' themselves are a 'dime a dozen' doesn't mean there aren't rare mustangs. Soooooo...you really sure you want to bring that up?
Sure they can........adumb.
That's what I'm talking about, body style. Who cares if you have a rare motor or option package in a car that you see 100 of a day, still a big yawn. Yeah it is MY opinion, get over it and drive YOUR car. Who gives a damn about what some stranger says on the net? As for me, I'm just having fun, I mean no offense and certainly don't take any.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:17 AM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice kill op.

BTW Only car i would buy in 78 is a Chevy Malibu.

Also would like to add, ive been looking to get 2007 G35 from a relative, i really love how they look and drive im strongly thinking of getting it as a DD.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

LOVE 350/370zs! There are a slew of 350s around here it seems. I've raced 5 or 6 of them. Stock to slightly modded I usually win. If they have any boost, or large amounts of mods I lose. The 370s would def beat me any day.

I wanna see a 2011 370 vs a 2011 GT.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cpo
Ugh, pre '05 stangs have no guts at all. Even the '05-'10 3-valves are just ok. Bottom line is using a non-FI Mustang (especially a weak 2004) as a measuring stick for a 370z is an underwhelming comparison. At least you're not killing Civics, right?
Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's what I'm talking about, body style. Who cares if you have a rare motor or option package in a car that you see 100 of a day, still a big yawn. Yeah it is MY opinion, get over it and drive YOUR car. Who gives a damn about what some stranger says on the net? As for me, I'm just having fun, I mean no offense and certainly don't take any.
That's cool......if you think they are bland and see them around every corner, but that opinion has nothing to do with your comment of being a POS. If over produced means POS...then DANG...I guess Corvettes suck ***, Chevy, Ford AND Dodge TRucks.; (with Toyota coming up quick), Fbodies, Actually.....even late 70s Caprices. Not coupes mind you, but I see four doors all the time. Speaking of which, what POS overproduced motor are you putting in your rare caprice coupe? The list goes on by that criteria. Fact is you dont' like the car because of that reason and that's your opinion. It's using that opinion as a basis for POS that's ignorantly retarded.....................

IN MY OPINION.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats with all the angry stang owners?
Old 03-20-2010, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

They're boring because they're common, and they're a POS because Ford made them that way. Not all of them mind you, the GT for years has been very slow and not a great platform to mod. I think the GT's are going in the right direction with the new 5.0's and I do like the Terminators (but who doesn't at least respect them?). We won't mention the V6's because they're intended for a different audience all together. And I already mentioned that it is the body that bores me and not the engines. My caprice (which you seem to believe that I think it's the greatest thing in the world and I don't) has the factory 5.7 in it (yes I know 350's are super common). Why should I put a different motor in it when the one it has is perfectly capable of making all the power I want? And all the vehicles you mentioned are boring to me as well since they are so common, which is why I don't own one. If you had paid any attention at all you'd know I already said the 4-door boxes are super common so you mentioning that is just redundant. I respect anything that is fast, as well as support any owner that is happy with their car. Now before jumping to any more conclusions and making extremely rude remarks on someone's intelligence, try being polite and asking for clarification. I'm sure a lot of the people on this board think the majority of mustangs are a POS for some reason or another. Now if you want to talk to other mustang fans, try a mustang forum and not this one and stop getting upset when someone has a different opinion than yourself.

I think they're mad because one got beat and I said they're boring. I guess the truth hurts.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponygt65
ignorantly retarded
Can you even use those two words together? That must be one fucked up individual.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:34 AM
Banned

All cars suck, but I'm so ******* confused as it is.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:15 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

They're boring because they're common, and they're a POS because Ford made them that way.
POS? You don't know what you're talking about. I own a Mustang and 2 F bodies and the Mustang NEVER gives any issues at all. With the 'Bird and the 'Z something's always breaking at random times. I don't go a month without having to FIX something on these fine examples of GM craftmanship. Ford built the better car, but they also built the SLOWEST car.

That will definitely change in the next year or so.

If you wanna say Mustangs are/were slow, fine because that's the truth. But if there're POS labels to be handed out they immediately get slapped on F body's asses, and, quite honestly, just about anything from GM during the last few decades up until this one.

Finally, if you wanna talk boring cars, as far as I'm concerned, if a car doesn't come out of Italy, with 12 cylinders, a choice of only 4 colors, a 4 legged animal on the fender emblems and a cost of more than you or I will make our entire lifetime, it's pretty freaking boring to me. Corvettes, Chargers, Mustangs, F bodies, Caprices, Skittles, hell Vipers even-yawn city man, I can walk outside and see those things all day long...

Last edited by myk; 03-21-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:44 AM
TECH Regular

Now if you want to talk to other mustang fans, try a mustang forum and not this one and stop getting upset when someone has a different opinion than yourself.
Why? When most people in here aren't nut huggers like yourself? You aren't just getting made fun of by Mustang owners you know. I actually thought you were pretending to be a troll. I didn't know it wasn't an act.

BTW Most mustangs forums I go to make fun of people belittling fbodies too. And rightfully so.
I think they're mad because one got beat and I said they're boring. I guess the truth hurts.
I haven't seen anyone mad. Making fun of you? Yes. Mad? No.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by myk
POS? You don't know what you're talking about. I own a Mustang and 2 F bodies and the Mustang NEVER gives any issues at all. With the 'Bird and the 'Z something's always breaking at random times. I don't go a month without having to FIX something on these fine examples of GM craftmanship. Ford built the better car, but they also built the SLOWEST car.

If you wanna say Mustangs are/were slow, fine because that's the truth. But if there're POS labels to be handed out they immediately get slapped on F body's asses, and, quite honestly, just about anything from GM during the last few decades up until this one.

Finally, if you wanna talk boring cars, as far as I'm concerned, if a car doesn't come out of Italy, with 12 cylinders, a choice of only 4 colors, a 4 legged animal on the fender emblems and a cost of more than you or I will make our entire lifetime, it's pretty freaking boring to me. Corvettes, Chargers, Mustangs, F bodies, Caprices, Skittles, hell Vipers even-yawn city man, I can walk outside and see those things all day long...
Okay, you seem to be confusing what I'm trying to say here. First off I'm not a GM loyalist and haven't said anything about the f-bodies being reliable. We're talking sports cars, if a sports car struggles to break into the 12's I pretty much consider it a POS. That does not mean it doesn't make a good daily driver or can't be fun, it just fails under that label.

I'm a bit jaded when it comes to the Italians, I've seen 3 camaro's (only 2010's) in the last year and over 100 Italians. I happen to be deployed to a location with the second best selling Ferrari dealership in the world. So at this point to get me excited I think I'd have to see a Tesla or a 65 Daytona Coupe roaming the streets.

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Why? When most people in here aren't nut huggers like yourself? You aren't just getting made fun of by Mustang owners you know. I actually thought you were pretending to be a troll. I didn't know it wasn't an act.

BTW Most mustangs forums I go to make fun of people belittling fbodies too. And rightfully so.

I haven't seen anyone mad. Making fun of you? Yes. Mad? No.
Why does everyone keep bring up f-bodies? You realize I don't own one and don't plan to? This is LS1tech not f-body tech, I come in here for info on an engine I own not to hug anyones nuts. I'm in the SRK section for the same reason as you, for entertainment. If you really don't think I'm being a troll anymore you need to wake up and pay attention to what I've been saying. I didn't really think anyone was mad, just responding to the "angry stang owners" comment. I will however admit to a couple poor wordings, sorry for any confusion.

I really am having fun on here, desert life is pretty boring and I'll take what I can get. You guys are great, thanks!
Old 03-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
A nice 4-3 revmatched downshift going into a 70mph sweeper is something to write home about... just sayin.
Gotta agree with you. But if you want to send that letter home via Next Day Air, you should try hopping on a sportbike and entering a cambered dropaway decreasing radius turn after a long straightaway as every downshift seems to take forever for the rear tires to grab traction and is lazily steping out to the right as you approach that right hand sweeper. Talk about an adrenaline zen rush when you get the correct entrance speed at the same exact second that the rear grabs as you're slamming it over into the corner - fingers crossed that the rear WILL actually grab like it's supposed to. Then the feeling that NO ONE could have gained ground on you in that highly technical corner. Damn I do miss the track....
Old 03-21-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

If you really don't think I'm being a troll anymore you need to wake up and pay attention to what I've been saying.
Ok, I am paying attention. That sentence makes no sense. *goes back to not paying attention*
Old 03-21-2010, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by myk
Ford built the better car, but they also built the SLOWEST car.
yes.

yes.

If you wanna say Mustangs are/were slow, fine because that's the truth.
yes. (well, the GTs anyway)

But if there're POS labels to be handed out they immediately get slapped on F body's asses, and, quite honestly, just about anything from GM during the last few decades up until this one.
yes.

I don't find all of them completely boring, but I definitely agree with the Italian part...

So this is pretty much the best post in this **** hole of a thread.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

To be fair, I don't think high 13s low 14s as "slow" slower than a Fbody Ls1? Sure. But that doesn't mean everything slower than it is "slow"

A 99-2004 GT is going to be faster than 95% of the cars or more on the road.

I don't remember anyone with a new LT1 T/A thinking their cars were slow when they bought them.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

Double Penetration
Old 03-21-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The radioactive breasts caused you to double post.