Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

370z vs 2004 stang GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
whats with all the angry stang owners?
Uh....what mustang owner in here is angry?

Originally Posted by TierAngst
They're boring because they're common, and they're a POS because Ford made them that way. Not all of them mind you, the GT for years has been very slow and not a great platform to mod. I think the GT's are going in the right direction with the new 5.0's and I do like the Terminators (but who doesn't at least respect them?). We won't mention the V6's because they're intended for a different audience all together. And I already mentioned that it is the body that bores me and not the engines. My caprice (which you seem to believe that I think it's the greatest thing in the world and I don't) has the factory 5.7 in it (yes I know 350's are super common). Why should I put a different motor in it when the one it has is perfectly capable of making all the power I want? And all the vehicles you mentioned are boring to me as well since they are so common, which is why I don't own one. If you had paid any attention at all you'd know I already said the 4-door boxes are super common so you mentioning that is just redundant. I respect anything that is fast, as well as support any owner that is happy with their car. Now before jumping to any more conclusions and making extremely rude remarks on someone's intelligence, try being polite and asking for clarification. I'm sure a lot of the people on this board think the majority of mustangs are a POS for some reason or another. Now if you want to talk to other mustang fans, try a mustang forum and not this one and stop getting upset when someone has a different opinion than yourself.

I think they're mad because one got beat and I said they're boring. I guess the truth hurts.
ROFLMAO..

First, if I was angry, pissed, frustrated, etcetera you'd know.

Secondly, It's nice to know that you think anything that doesn't run 12s on a regular besis is a POS. I'll make sure to let all C5, C4, hell, C1, C2 owners know that....along with SRT8, Mach 1s, Fbods, 5th gens, so on and so forth.

Thirdly, your car is a pos because it doesn't run 12s consistantly as it sits. And please, none of this "wait til it's done" stuff.

Fourthly, a Terminator IS A mustang.

Fifth, How the hell can you say you respect anything that's fast and someone that is happy with their car after calling all cars 13+ a POS? PLENTY of owners are happy with their cars that don't run consistant 12s. N/A stangs, imports, ricers, etcetera. That's 'flirting' with being a contradiction. You didn't show much respect in your first post.

Sixth, how was I rude on someones remarks? You made an ignorant statement. Plain and simple. You gave your opinoin, I gave mine.

Seventh, if you think the majority on this board think they are a POS for one reason or another, IDT you've spent enough time with the regulars on here. Furthermore, please don't try to play the go to a ford board game. It gets old, and plenty can vouche for me being on here thank you very much.

ANd FInally.......................How many of these POS mustangs have you owned?....and which ones?

Originally Posted by myk
POS? You don't know what you're talking about. I own a Mustang and 2 F bodies and the Mustang NEVER gives any issues at all. With the 'Bird and the 'Z something's always breaking at random times. I don't go a month without having to FIX something on these fine examples of GM craftmanship. Ford built the better car, but they also built the SLOWEST car.

That will definitely change in the next year or so.

If you wanna say Mustangs are/were slow, fine because that's the truth. But if there're POS labels to be handed out they immediately get slapped on F body's asses, and, quite honestly, just about anything from GM during the last few decades up until this one.

Finally, if you wanna talk boring cars, as far as I'm concerned, if a car doesn't come out of Italy, with 12 cylinders, a choice of only 4 colors, a 4 legged animal on the fender emblems and a cost of more than you or I will make our entire lifetime, it's pretty freaking boring to me. Corvettes, Chargers, Mustangs, F bodies, Caprices, Skittles, hell Vipers even-yawn city man, I can walk outside and see those things all day long...

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Why? When most people in here aren't nut huggers like yourself? You aren't just getting made fun of by Mustang owners you know. I actually thought you were pretending to be a troll. I didn't know it wasn't an act.

BTW Most mustangs forums I go to make fun of people belittling fbodies too. And rightfully so.

I haven't seen anyone mad. Making fun of you? Yes. Mad? No.

Okay, you seem to be confusing what I'm trying to say here. First off I'm not a GM loyalist and haven't said anything about the f-bodies being reliable. We're talking sports cars, if a sports car struggles to break into the 12's I pretty much consider it a POS. That does not mean it doesn't make a good daily driver or can't be fun, it just fails under that label.
See above.

Why does everyone keep bring up f-bodies? You realize I don't own one and don't plan to? This is LS1tech not f-body tech, I come in here for info on an engine I own not to hug anyones nuts. I'm in the SRK section for the same reason as you, for entertainment. If you really don't think I'm being a troll anymore you need to wake up and pay attention to what I've been saying. I didn't really think anyone was mad, just responding to the "angry stang owners" comment. I will however admit to a couple poor wordings, sorry for any confusion.

I really am having fun on here, desert life is pretty boring and I'll take what I can get. You guys are great, thanks!
Uh.....why do you think I was angry? I think you completely misunderstood my comment.

To be fair, I don't think high 13s low 14s as "slow" slower than a Fbody Ls1? Sure. But that doesn't mean everything slower than it is "slow"

A 99-2004 GT is going to be faster than 95% of the cars or more on the road.

I don't remember anyone with a new LT1 T/A thinking their cars were slow when they bought them.
Opinions vary, but I agree with you however. A 2V GT will take care of a fair amount in my area as well.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

You even quoted me saying that I didn't seriously think anyone was mad, it was a joke.

Secondly, It's nice to know that you think anything that doesn't run 12s on a regular besis is a POS. I'll make sure to let all C5, C4, hell, C1, C2 owners know that....along with SRT8, Mach 1s, Fbods, 5th gens, so on and so forth.

There is a difference between classics and moderns. Not to mention how many people in C5's, LS1 4ths and 5th gen f-bodies STRUGGLE to break 12's?? Excluding terrible DA's and drivers as well as poorly maintained cars of course. The SRT8 on the other hand, I'd be more inclined to call it modern muscle with it's huge size and weight, the 5th gens are right on the boarder of that line too.

Thirdly, your car is a pos because it doesn't run 12s consistantly as it sits. And please, none of this "wait til it's done" stuff.

How the hell do you know what my car runs? I don't even know! It'd be hard pressed to run anything "as it sits" since "it sits" on four jack-stands in storage. When I get back to the states I'll be taking it to the strip and I'll post my time slip up just for you, not matter what it runs. When did I say wait til it's done, or do you just hear that excuse a lot? The only thing I said that might be considered that is, "it is a POS as it sits now". If you looked at the different pages you'd see it got f-d up pretty bad in a flood and I'm rebuilding it.

Never said it wasn't.

Fifth, How the hell can you say you respect anything that's fast and someone that is happy with their car after calling all cars 13+ a POS? PLENTY of owners are happy with their cars that don't run consistant 12s. N/A stangs, imports, ricers, etcetera. That's 'flirting' with being a contradiction. You didn't show much respect in your first post.

I can think it's a POS and still respect the owner of it, this is the same as respecting people of a different religion or sports team or whatever else. My first post was just me picking on the guy, nothing serious. Sorry if it offended him, but I did try to make it known that I wasn't serious by giving him props.

Sixth, how was I rude on someones remarks? You made an ignorant statement. Plain and simple. You gave your opinoin, I gave mine.

How is my opinion ignorant? Opinions don't have to be based on anything, opinion does not equal fact and should never be claimed as such from anyone.

Seventh, if you think the majority on this board think they are a POS for one reason or another, IDT you've spent enough time with the regulars on here. Furthermore, please don't try to play the go to a ford board game. It gets old, and plenty can vouche for me being on here thank you very much.

I only said if you wanted everyone to like your car to go hang with the mustang crowd, not everyone on here is into them since it's obviously not a mustang board. I could care less if you're here or not, as long as you're not calling people retarded.

ANd FInally.......................How many of these POS mustangs have you owned?....and which ones?

Why would I want to own something I think is boring? The answer is none, never have never will.

Uh.....why do you think I was angry? I think you completely misunderstood my comment.

See first statement.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Another pony epic multi-quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:34 AM
TECH Regular

And then after it, a douche trying to do the same thing, but failing horribly at it. So TierAngst, you can figure out how to bold, but not quote ?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

i hate multi-quote :grumble:

it blows my phone internetz up!

Old 03-22-2010, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

And then after it, a douche trying to do the same thing, but failing horribly at it.
Now you're really digging. You fail to find anything wrong with my reply so you resort to childish name calling.

So TierAngst, you can figure out how to bold, but not quote ?
Perfectly capable, I just think it looks stupid when responding to a single post. Maybe you're just having a hard time figuring out who I'm responding to with your bad short term memory. Hope this helps!
Old 03-22-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

You fail to find anything wrong with my reply

BTW you said this.
so you resort to childish name calling.
THEN you say this.
Maybe you're just having a hard time figuring out who I'm responding to with your bad short term memory
So you claim I personally attack you because I can't find anything wrong with your post.

Why is it that you personally attack me then?

Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

this thread has gotten way off topic.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02SLOMARO
Nah, we're still talking about "POS overproduced mustangs".
Old 03-22-2010, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

EDIT: WOOOPS forgot to quote!

You're an extremely sensitive person if you think that was an attack. Congrats though, you've officially killed the entertainment value of this thread...moving on.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Guys! looking for a new set of Hewlett Packard 26x10x15" slicks. My old keyboard slicks wore out. Anybody got a spare set? I got a race with a pretty quick Mac keyboard tonight!

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Guys! looking for a new set of Hewlett Packard 26x10x15" slicks. My old keyboard slicks wore out. Anybody got a spare set? I got a race with a pretty quick Mac keyboard tonight!

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks.
dude, dont worry.....those macs cant launch for ****.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

You didn't forget to quote. I posted that after your post.
You're an extremely sensitive person if you think that was an attack.
No, knowing it was an attack doesn't make me sensitive. Complaining about it like you did however...
Congrats though, you've officially killed the entertainment value of this thread...moving on.
LAWL! Would you like to take a vote as to who screwed this thread up with their ignorant comments Tier? It could be fun.

Originally Posted by hugger1975
dude, dont worry.....those macs cant launch for ****.
You've obviously never launched a quad core Intel mac tower
Old 03-22-2010, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

You didn't forget to quote. I posted that after your post.
Not unless you can time travel.

No, knowing it was an attack doesn't make me sensitive. Complaining about it like you did however...
You've not made any valid points or proven my ignorance. All you've done is call me ignorant and a douche, I'm not even sure why. I haven't made any attacks on you, I've simply pointed out that you're incapable of paying attention and the fact that your comments are quite rude. Both of which you continue to prove me right
Old 03-23-2010, 04:53 AM
TECH Regular

Your last post before mine

Yesterday, 08:54 AM: Now you're really digging. You fail to find anything wrong with my reply so you resort to childish name calling.
The post I replied to you

Yesterday, 10:43 AM

BTW you said this.
The post you claimed to have "forgotten a quote"

Yesterday, 11:10 AMEDIT
: WOOOPS forgot to quote!
Now tell the class how when you posted originally at 8:54am, and I replied at 10:43am, How did you forget to quote something that was quoted AFTER you made your statement?

I swear, you're the dumbest person I've met on here.

You've not made any valid points or proven my ignorance.
Uh, I have in every reply I've made to you. Including this one. Read above.
All you've done is call me ignorant and a douche, I'm not even sure why.
If you don't know why me and many others in here have been making fun of your posts, I don't know what to say. Other than Get A Clue™
I haven't made any attacks on you, I've simply pointed out that you're incapable of paying attention and the fact that your comments are quite rude.
That's like saying "I haven't said anything dumb. Except for saying that I forgot a quote when what I quoted was posted after my last post" Not only that, you are doing the very thing you are accusing me of. You can't pay attention. My comments are rude because YOU WERE RUDE FIRST. Capache? If you don't like people being rude to you, stop being such an asshat in here. You get treated the way you treat others.
Both of which you continue to prove me right
You have powers of self delusion. That's for sure.

Reply back, and I shall taunt you a 5th time.

Last edited by Ke^in; 03-23-2010 at 05:03 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02SLOMARO
Teir got his panties in a wad and said stupid things and got busted for it. Now he is trying to save face and wont let it go. Per usual of these types of things.

Everyone makes mistakes. It takes a bigger person to admit it than it does one attempting to spin and lie in attempt to make them self look less idiotic. In the end it just makes them look worse. :/
Old 03-23-2010, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

BTW you said this.

THEN you say this.

So you claim I personally attack you because I can't find anything wrong with your post.

This post came BEFORE the next one:

You're an extremely sensitive person if you think that was an attack. Congrats though, you've officially killed the entertainment value of this thread...moving on.
Go back and look for yourself. The quote in THIS post was from the post three up from mine with an EARLIER time stamp. It originally looked like this:

I really hope it was more of your lack of paying attention rather than you straight up being an idiot and you were just thinking I was talking about quoting something.

Your last post before mine

The post I replied to you

The post you claimed to have "forgotten a quote"

Now tell the class how when you posted originally at 8:54am, and I replied at 10:43am, How did you forget to quote something that was quoted AFTER you made your statement?

I swear, you're the dumbest person I've met on here.

Uh, I have in every reply I've made to you. Including this one. Read above.

If you don't know why me and many others in here have been making fun of your posts, I don't know what to say. Other than Get A Clue™

That's like saying "I haven't said anything dumb. Except for saying that I forgot a quote when what I quoted was posted after my last post" Not only that, you are doing the very thing you are accusing me of. You can't pay attention. My comments are rude because YOU WERE RUDE FIRST. Capache? If you don't like people being rude to you, stop being such an asshat in here. You get treated the way you treat others.

You have powers of self delusion. That's for sure.

Reply back, and I shall taunt you a 5th time.
I'm still replying because I'm hoping to be learned out of my so called ignorance. But you've yet to reference to what I'm ignorant of and continue to quote things I say after the fact rather than addressing the problem. If you go on saying how dumb you THINK I am then I'll do everyone a favor and never reply to anything you say to/about me again. Take all the others as an example, they referenced something and said why it was ignorant, I then proceeded to clear things up based on what they pointed out. I even admitted to a few mistakes in my word choice and realized I hadn't been specific enough.

Here is a very basic cliff notes version:
My opinion is that mustangs are too common and that makes them boring.
They're also slow and fail as a good modern sports car.
I believe this is the majority and certainly not the rule, there are a lot of fast and some very clean looking mustangs as well but I don't come across these too often.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Regular

This post came BEFORE the next one:
OF COURSE IT CAME BEFORE THAT POST!

I am not arguing that. You obviously HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I AM REFERRING TO

You claimed that EDIT: WOOOPS forgot to quote! When what you replied to came AFTER the post you "forgot" If you meant that you forgot to quote what you REPLIED TO, then you should have posted as such. Otherwise it reads as if you forgot something in your last post.

CAPICHE?

It's not my fault you have poor communication skills.
Go back and look for yourself. The quote in THIS post was from the post three up from mine with an EARLIER time stamp. It originally looked like this:
All I can say is you sir are a certified grade-a Idiot.
I'm still replying because I'm hoping to be learned out of my so called ignorance.
I don't think there is hope for you.

As far as the rest of your post, it had nothing to do with the post you replied to, and is just, verbal masturbation that I, and many others (including GM owners) debunked and made fun of you for the first time you said it.

Here is a good webpage I can suggest for you.

www.rif.org.

With each post you make, you are making yourself look like a bigger moron than the first.

Shall we go for a 7th taunt?

Last edited by Ke^in; 03-23-2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: u
Old 03-23-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default AHAHHA...wow.

You even quoted me saying that I didn't seriously think anyone was mad, it was a joke.
OBviously your joking wasn't "obvious" as I'm not the only one making reference to your posts...not just Kevin and I either. Try looking 'inward' there grasshopper.

There is a difference between classics and moderns. Not to mention how many people in C5's, LS1 4ths and 5th gen f-bodies STRUGGLE to break 12's?? Excluding terrible DA's and drivers as well as poorly maintained cars of course. The SRT8 on the other hand, I'd be more inclined to call it modern muscle with it's huge size and weight, the 5th gens are right on the boarder of that line too.
That's fine...we'll keep to?.....say what '82+? You merely added to my point. You said anything that struggles to break 12s is a POS in your opinion and I listed cars that struggle. And as KEvin listed in another post, I'd say you are stretching by saying the SRT8 is a modern muslce car therefore it's not included. Fact is, ALL OF these cars are PONY cars and none are sports cars (except the vette's mentioned). If you wanna split hairs, I can play that 'game' too. Ask anyone on here. I'd rather not though as it is pretty childish. 5th gens on the boarder?...no, the struggle to break 12s. Plain and simple they are a POS in your mind.....and so is the SRT8.

How the hell do you know what my car runs? I don't even know! It'd be hard pressed to run anything "as it sits" since "it sits" on four jack-stands in storage. When I get back to the states I'll be taking it to the strip and I'll post my time slip up just for you, not matter what it runs. When did I say wait til it's done, or do you just hear that excuse a lot? The only thing I said that might be considered that is, "it is a POS as it sits now". If you looked at the different pages you'd see it got f-d up pretty bad in a flood and I'm rebuilding it.
Read that part again......and you'll answer your own question.

Never said it wasn't.
Uh...cause you said mustangs are a POS...then later said the terminators are respectable. So, basically all cars that dont' run consistant 12s are a POS in your opinion. With the exception of classics, what you call a 'muscle car', and ..... whatever else you decide to change it to.

Quite honestly, I'm just trying to figure out your point as it's changed so much. Because as it stands, it still simply sounds like you dont' like modern mustangs and are quite the hater with the exception of Terminators and have never owned one.

I can think it's a POS and still respect the owner of it, this is the same as respecting people of a different religion or sports team or whatever else. My first post was just me picking on the guy, nothing serious. Sorry if it offended him, but I did try to make it known that I wasn't serious by giving him props.
It's not the same, but I get your point. I'm trying to figure exactly WHY it is you think it's a POS. You've given two reasons (over produced and doesn't run 12s), but that criteria only follows suit with stangs. Therefore you sound like a stang hater for whatever reason; plain and simple.

How is my opinion ignorant? Opinions don't have to be based on anything, opinion does not equal fact and should never be claimed as such from anyone.
see above two responses. So....now it's your opinion that they are a POS and are over produced and have no real bearing/facts to come up with this opinion, it's simply an opinion. I have opinions too, but 9/10 times there's facts behind them. Even if their distorted or partial facts....there's still facts.

I only said if you wanted everyone to like your car to go hang with the mustang crowd, not everyone on here is into them since it's obviously not a mustang board. I could care less if you're here or not, as long as you're not calling people retarded.
There's more people on this board that like mustangs and dont' mind me being here than you think......so I presume. One things for sure; there's 10x the respect for other makes and models on SVTP than there is on here. They respect LS1s (with the exception of n00b's or tards) over there. Here, it's pretty much brown bag flinging (fi you catch my drift).

Why would I want to own something I think is boring? The answer is none, never have never will.
See above references.......and btw - that right there is your ignorance. You asked for proof, there you go. You are ignorant to what a mustang is really like not having owned one. Just like I'm ignorant to cars I haven't owned. I fully admit that. No one person knows everything.

See first statement.
I'll see your first statement and raise you more.

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Another pony epic multi-quote

Originally Posted by chavez885
Nah, we're still talking about "POS overproduced mustangs".

Thanks.
you see my comment in the other thread about the 10-bolt Mark?...LOL