Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

06' GXP vs 10' Camaro RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
As soon as I get my headers on and a retune...I'm going to lay off the LS4 for a while. It's project time.
what do you mean by that?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jrgswhitels1
Nice kill. Your passenger needs to relax though! LOL!
lol it was his first time in a "performance car" if you will, also first time experiancing a "street race" and also to someone that doesnt know cars AT ALL the fact that its a new camaro (he doesnt really get the v6 v8 stuff)
Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Good kill Levi,by the way RS stands for "REALLY SLOW"...
And I even owned an 90 RS
thanks bro!! haha thats funny, the thing about the 2010's that i learned is that the RS is just a styling package and they can have the 6.2's in them so be sure its a V6 before you run one lol.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I would order the new Camaro in the RS/SS like the 67.Under cover is the way to go...
Old 03-25-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Yeah I would order the new Camaro in the RS/SS like the 67.Under cover is the way to go...
oh yeah for sure!!! im just glad the one i ran wasnt a rs/ss it would have been ugly
Old 03-25-2010, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Next time do the "row boat" motion
Old 03-25-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by monte_with_a_LS4
what do you mean by that?
No more mods for the SS for a while. Going to start on a project.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Kinda funny that your buddy was getting a chubbie over a V6 Camaro kill.

Was it a good kill?? ehhh..there about the same performance wise...and because of that performance..makes the GXP look slow..if it can only take a V6 Camaro..

Or is it the other way around..the V6 Camaro is just that good??

all I can say is good equal run. And I think with your extra foot pounds you edged him out.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot
Kinda funny that your buddy was getting a chubbie over a V6 Camaro kill.

Was it a good kill?? ehhh..there about the same performance wise...and because of that performance..makes the GXP look slow..if it can only take a V6 Camaro..

Or is it the other way around..the V6 Camaro is just that good??

all I can say is good equal run. And I think with your extra foot pounds you edged him out.
but thats the thing he knows nothing about cars so v6 doesnt really mean anything to him, i mostly enjoyed because the kid and his gf thought they were hott shitt in a v6 camaro. alsso i dont think they had any knowledge of a "performance" if you will, grand prix, i think they just thought it was a base gp with rims.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

See that when I would educate your buddy..I would be with my hands.."up here is the fast Camaro's..and down here was the slow Camaro's..and were here..just above the slow Camaro's"

No doubt the way it sounds the GF of his was a beyoch..and then the kid punching it when your on a roll with no horn..and you still took him.
Ya walked him and thats cool.
LIke I was saying..a lightly modded V8 GXP took out a factory stock V6..Nice experiment to know where our cars stand. But I would feel a little butt hurt personally knowing that a V6 can now keep up with us.

And trust me man thats why Im looking for a few extra bolt on ponies myself. Would like to have a little more breathing room in the HP area. This is our DD so not to concerned.

Just hope you dont get flammed on youtube for beating up on a V6 and your buddy bragging about it whe your vid pops up when people search for Camaro. I know if I didnt know it was you I would be doing it..lol
Old 03-26-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

What the hell is a 20' Camaro haven't seen that design yet?! The new V6 Camaro is gonna get killed by the new 2011 305HP V6 Mustang (yes you all know I sell Ford but I'm still a Pontiac man). The 2010 with 210hp and 240lb ft does 60 in 6.6 (the new will be around 1.5 sec off of that and inder 3500 lbs I believe) then there is the 5.0 412hp 390 lb ft. just over 3600 with the 6M. I am having a hard time of whether or not to get the new 5.0 or stay 4DMC with the G8 GXP. I have to say I like the room and looks a 4 door with a V8 and a great exhaust gets. Point is so I spend 30G on a new or used?

Last edited by dj_stylzpgh/GXP05; 03-26-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot
See that when I would educate your buddy..I would be with my hands.."up here is the fast Camaro's..and down here was the slow Camaro's..and were here..just above the slow Camaro's"

No doubt the way it sounds the GF of his was a beyoch..and then the kid punching it when your on a roll with no horn..and you still took him.
Ya walked him and thats cool.
LIke I was saying..a lightly modded V8 GXP took out a factory stock V6..Nice experiment to know where our cars stand. But I would feel a little butt hurt personally knowing that a V6 can now keep up with us.

And trust me man thats why Im looking for a few extra bolt on ponies myself. Would like to have a little more breathing room in the HP area. This is our DD so not to concerned.

Just hope you dont get flammed on youtube for beating up on a V6 and your buddy bragging about it whe your vid pops up when people search for Camaro. I know if I didnt know it was you I would be doing it..lol
idk man, i think i am impressed with the V6 camaro performance, i really dont care what people think of my video, i just made it cuz this kid was bein cocky, not too brag or anything about my GXP, really the gxp's arent fast, they can be made fast. i DD mine also. i personally think i'd rather have a video of me pulling away from a V6 than getting *** raped by a 6.2. and not butt hurt at all, just thinking they put a nice litte V6 in there,.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dj_stylzpgh/GXP05
What the hell is a 20' Camaro haven't seen that design yet?! The new V6 Camaro is gonna get killed by the new 2011 305HP V6 Mustang (yes you all know I sell Ford but I'm still a Pontiac man). The 2010 with 210hp and 240lb ft does 60 in 6.6 (the new will be around 1.5 sec off of that and inder 3500 lbs I believe) then there is the 5.0 412hp 390 lb ft. just over 3600 with the 6M. I am having a hard time of whether or not to get the new 5.0 or stay 4DMC with the G8 GXP. I have to say I like the room and looks a 4 door with a V8 and a great exhaust gets. Point is so I spend 30G on a new or used?

I think its was meant to be 20" rims?? And how or why would the new Camaro get killed by the same car. Its 305 for the stang and 304 for the Camaro. And the HP is getting bumped for the V6 Camaro for 2011.

Though the HP wars are heating up for Mustang and Camaro. The new track pack V6 Mustang is supposed to run with the older 2010 Mustang GT's times..WOW
And the 5.0 should do well with the Camaro till the Z28 comes out that is

If i was you I would hold onto the G8 GXP that is just one bad *** ride and rare. Where every mother and son will have a mustang. Its cool and all but I would rather have something that goes like a raped ape and still is special beyond beleif.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:43 AM

Exclamation 06' GXP vs 10' RS

saw tha vid. Since it was only and v6 rs camaro you should have kept going past 140 mph or try to do a "standing mile". If you gp is stock, your speed would "top out" and he would just keep going right by you. I heard the v6RS has a higher top speed limit(governor).

you should have stuck with it longer and your boy should have waited a little longer before he started screaming.

remember to finish what you start
Old 03-26-2011, 04:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Back from the dead!

V6 Camaro and GXP are Electronically limited to 158mph. I've done 153 in my GXP and six speed or not, I don't think a V6 camaro would have caught up to me (Judging from the video).

That being said, I'd rather own any form of Camaro than my GXP. Plus im, sure that Camaro was a bone stock auto.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:39 PM
TECH Resident

LOl op good kill dude..i mean I understand ur friend and how excited he could be. He was having fun with his buddy (you). I have an A4 02 ss with 373 s and LTs,ory,catback,lid,tune, and I open the cut out and take friends frm work for a ride they get soooo happy..and excited..lol all I think is man my car is so slow, but compared to there honda or truck or saturn my car is fast....so I let them have fun..lol...and yes guys I know my car is slow...
Old 03-26-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Battle of the 14 second cars

PS: How old are you?
Old 03-26-2011, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

Looks pretty young, maybe 17? His buddy definitely isn't older than that from how pumped he was over beating a 14 second car.

Just so you know OP, you can get an SS with the RS package on the 5th gens. Not all RS's are V6s like 4th gens.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gt06redman
saw tha vid. Since it was only and v6 rs camaro you should have kept going past 140 mph or try to do a "standing mile". If you gp is stock, your speed would "top out" and he would just keep going right by you. I heard the v6RS has a higher top speed limit(governor).

you should have stuck with it longer and your boy should have waited a little longer before he started screaming.

remember to finish what you start
cant when i see the *** end of a car coming lol
Originally Posted by camaroboy14
LOl op good kill dude..i mean I understand ur friend and how excited he could be. He was having fun with his buddy (you). I have an A4 02 ss with 373 s and LTs,ory,catback,lid,tune, and I open the cut out and take friends frm work for a ride they get soooo happy..and excited..lol all I think is man my car is so slow, but compared to there honda or truck or saturn my car is fast....so I let them have fun..lol...and yes guys I know my car is slow...
thanks man!!

hey come on i went 13.98 . . and im 20
Originally Posted by WSsick

Looks pretty young, maybe 17? His buddy definitely isn't older than that from how pumped he was over beating a 14 second car.

Just so you know OP, you can get an SS with the RS package on the 5th gens. Not all RS's are V6s like 4th gens.
yeah not bad when my DD can pull on that guys sweet camaro... i like how they look and have nothing against the v6 model just when they act like a douche and think they are sweet is when i dislike them. an thas my GF's younger bro he is 21, knows nothing about cars...like i said before
Old 04-09-2011, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you can't drive maybe.

this car
went this

and a ***** load of 13.7x's @102+ bone stock down to the paper filter with maybe 1000mi on it. not bad for a fwd 4spd auto car don't you think?

search clubgp.com for the thread if you like.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:06 AM
TECH Addict

also look at the track times sticky in the LS4 section... the other funny thing is i have pulled a car or 2 on close to stock LT1's

Quick Reply: 06' GXP vs 10' Camaro RS