Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C/I Supercharged C5 Zoh vs. Turbo Mach1

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dan03mach
That is why I have 335 Hoosier DR's out back. lol And it will break them loose pretty easy. As long as it isn't too sideways I'm not worried about it.
Serious rubber for sure. I don't get worried about my own safety, but for the well being of my wallet
Old 03-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Stock? you call AFR ported heads Cam, Fast 90/90 and a Vortech V2 running 13psi stock? yeah right... Get out of here with that BS....
IMO a well setup C5 Z06 like that would have no problem with a Mach 1 with a ported shortblock, head work, and a T76 turbo. I believe the kill but I think you might have beat the driver. All these badass cars and yours is badass too, yet there is never any videos? Weird.. Good kill though.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:41 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
IMO a well setup C5 Z06 like that would have no problem with a Mach 1 with a ported shortblock, head work, and a T76 turbo. I believe the kill but I think you might have beat the driver. All these badass cars and yours is badass too, yet there is never any videos? Weird.. Good kill though.
I don't let people ride with me while I race... So it is hard for me to video while driving. Plus the other people that do get the runs on video don't ever give me copies of them. lol
Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Banned

I don't let people ride with me while I race... So it is hard for me to video while driving. Plus the other people that do get the runs on video don't ever give me copies of them. lol
that explains everything, the vette had a extra passanger.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A guy I know had a similar setup to Dan's car. It ran 9.50 @ 143mph.
I've had plenty of races and there are none on video. Who in their right
mind would record themselves participating in some illegal activities then
post it on the internet? Posting evidence doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya just as crazy as writing a detail description of the illegal activity in a "street racing forum". Nuts I know.. Pishhhhhh
Old 03-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Launching!

i think this is it right here, what stopsign said. with the setup on that vette i think it SHOULD have won, but didn't, and its been said many times before anything can happen on the street. for instance a damn corolla S whooped my magna-charged suburban that ran 13's. shouldn't have happened but it did, and i got laughed at for a long time. but come on nemesis, do you really need to start junk. i doubt he come on here to post a lie. he was just excited about whippin a badass vette.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:07 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by the jester 812
i think this is it right here, what stopsign said. with the setup on that vette i think it SHOULD have won, but didn't, and its been said many times before anything can happen on the street. for instance a damn corolla S whooped my magna-charged suburban that ran 13's. shouldn't have happened but it did, and i got laughed at for a long time. but come on nemesis, do you really need to start junk. i doubt he come on here to post a lie. he was just excited about whippin a badass vette.
Yup I have no reason to lie about anything. The way it came out is just that. But I don't think I'll be racing anyone for a little while. I went to the track tonight and I guess I had my clutch cable set wrong and the 28x10.5 et Drags hooked and my clutch went up in smoke... lol So I'm going to need a new clutch disc before I go Vette hunting again. Till next time... hahahaha
Old 03-26-2010, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NEMESISVETTE
Na... I think my "BS" is right at home here with yours. Video or BeeShit.. So says the NEMESIS!
Bs not.. Dan a strait up guy that built a hell of a car.. now i agree that a z with a proper set up like that should drag dans car given the power dan makes but... it didnt and dan has never once been one to lie about a race.. i know this i have know dan for some 6 years...or more how long as it been? haha Was it the yellow one Dan?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NEMESISVETTE
Ya just as crazy as writing a detail description of the illegal activity in a "street racing forum". Nuts I know.. Pishhhhhh
Are you incapable of understanding the difference?

...and I find it ironic that you think you're going to tell me about this forum.

Who are you anyway? Let me guess...you're one of those guys that thinks a 700rwhp Corvette is a missile right?
I know my **** is slow. You don't know that yours is too apparently.

I'm really surprised that you guys (regulars) have a hard time believing Dan. I've driven quite a few 650rwhp Corvettes and I'm well aware of
what a Mach 1 with a 76mm turbo can do. I'm not surprised at all by
the outcome.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Never said I didn't believe the kill.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Good kill.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by unit213
I'm really surprised that you guys (regulars) have a hard time believing Dan. I've driven quite a few 650rwhp Corvettes and I'm well aware of
what a Mach 1 with a 76mm turbo can do. I'm not surprised at all by
the outcome.
Just stating my opinion Unit. Don't throw me up on the cross because of it. Sheesh...
Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Just stating my opinion Unit. Don't throw me up on the cross because of it. Sheesh...
I'm just curious what you're basing your opinion on?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Hak
Teching In

Nice kill OP. Too many variables on high HP street races to doubt your credibility. Doesn't sound unbelievable to me. Fix that clutch and continue the hunt.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:39 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by ProjectDuStU
Bs not.. Dan a strait up guy that built a hell of a car.. now i agree that a z with a proper set up like that should drag dans car given the power dan makes but... it didnt and dan has never once been one to lie about a race.. i know this i have know dan for some 6 years...or more how long as it been? haha Was it the yellow one Dan?
No it was a black one on Black CCW wheels...
Old 03-26-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What crawled up people's asses around here. Damn he posted a kill story, so what if he doesn't video tape it.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

I bet Nemesis's Vette can go 7's on street tires thats why he is talking so much ****. Nice kills Dan, gotta love those Machs!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by unit213
I'm just curious what you're basing your opinion on?
I don't know Dan like you obviously know him. I don't doubt his car is fast. Just from reading this thread, knowing about what both cars are capable of I feel he came across a worse driver than himself. Now even though I don't know Dan I get the hint that he isn't a bad driver at all. HOWEVER given a driver of equal skills as him was in the Z06 I think the outcome would have been much different. If you don't agree with me, then that is cool. No hard feelings at all. The fact that there is never a video of his car or the cars he races just makes my opinion more of that. You ask what I am basing my opinion on...my answer is not alot at all! Since there is no proof besides a bunch of words. Give me numbers or a video and I will give you a better opinion I bet.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
I bet Nemesis's Vette can go 7's on street tires thats why he is talking so much ****. Nice kills Dan, gotta love those Machs!
Are we talking 60' times or the 1/8th?