Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Are we talking 60' times or the 1/8th?
I'm guessing in the 1/4...
Old 03-27-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
I'm guessing in the 1/4...
I guess we shouldn't try and race him then, he would crush all of us. Too bad he's such a mental midget.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I guess we shouldn't try and race him then, he would crush all of us. Too bad he's such a mental midget.
Crush us like the proverbial bugs that we are.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I don't know Dan like you obviously know him. I don't doubt his car is fast. Just from reading this thread, knowing about what both cars are capable of I feel he came across a worse driver than himself. Now even though I don't know Dan I get the hint that he isn't a bad driver at all. HOWEVER given a driver of equal skills as him was in the Z06 I think the outcome would have been much different. If you don't agree with me, then that is cool. No hard feelings at all. The fact that there is never a video of his car or the cars he races just makes my opinion more of that. You ask what I am basing my opinion on...my answer is not alot at all! Since there is no proof besides a bunch of words. Give me numbers or a video and I will give you a better opinion I bet.
I'm not trying to bust your ***** and I can respect the fact that you're entitled to your opinion. My question was "what are you basing your opinion on?" From the sounds of it, that opinion isn't based on any real life experience...which to me means is meaningless. "Experience" from watching vids on the internet and babbling on forums isn't experience at all.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've driven 700rwhp Z06 very many times and I've driven a 700rwhp DOHC 4.6L Mustang very many times. That is what I am basing my opinion off of. And holy **** at your post count!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Launching!

Im with you..that vette should be a monster...But the mach1's always seem to be able to do a lot with a little..Unlike those slow cobras
Old 03-27-2010, 11:15 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

I don't know Dan like you obviously know him. I don't doubt his car is fast. Just from reading this thread, knowing about what both cars are capable of I feel he came across a worse driver than himself. Now even though I don't know Dan I get the hint that he isn't a bad driver at all. HOWEVER given a driver of equal skills as him was in the Z06 I think the outcome would have been much different. If you don't agree with me, then that is cool. No hard feelings at all. The fact that there is never a video of his car or the cars he races just makes my opinion more of that. You ask what I am basing my opinion on...my answer is not alot at all! Since there is no proof besides a bunch of words. Give me numbers or a video and I will give you a better opinion I bet.
Dude there is always a video of the runs I just can't help that the other person that is filming the run doesn't want to give me a copy of his lost. And a Roll race pretty much takes out the driver mod even though I can drive very good. We both hit it and my car pulled away due to more power, torque or whatever it may be. That has nothing to do with driver. I don't let people ride in my car when I race so most of the time I don't ever get a video of the runs. The few times I did when I raced the C6 Zohs and whopped them everyone started talking their **** and there was a vid of the race. lol So whats the point.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Forget it man, good kill!
Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 PM

There's always the possibility of one car starting a gear up. Not saying it happened here, but I always take into consideration that it's a possibility.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:13 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
There's always the possibility of one car starting a gear up. Not saying it happened here, but I always take into consideration that it's a possibility.
Yeah that would be me I also started in 3rd instead of 2nd... We both started in 3rd....
Old 03-27-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

And holy **** at your post count!
He's been here since he washed dishes at the last supper.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dan03mach
Yeah that would be me I also started in 3rd instead of 2nd... We both started in 3rd....

GASP...ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU BOTH STARTED IN 3RD GEAR....WELL THEN THIS WASNT A RACE AT ALL....EVERYONE KNOWS THAT IF YOU HAD BOTH STARTED IN SECOND GEAR THAT THE VETTE WOULD HAVE MAGICALLY STARTED PULLING YOU.......

Sorry man..But thats exactly what a few clowns said to me when I ran a Z0h with both of us starting in 3rd
Old 03-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

well actually a centri car really needs to be in high rpm to shine. Starting in 3rd from a 55 punch definitely hurt the vette more than the stang but the stang still won from a 65 start so either way it is faster.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:46 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good Kill OP. I love Mach 1s and yours has to be the sickest street Mach Ive ever seen. Way to lay it down on that vette!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:31 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS
well actually a centri car really needs to be in high rpm to shine. Starting in 3rd from a 55 punch definitely hurt the vette more than the stang but the stang still won from a 65 start so either way it is faster.
Centrifical superchargers might need a little bit higher rpms but so do turbo modmotors. Turbo lag sucks at low rpms. He also had 3.73 gears to my 3.55 gears. So his RPMs were higher then mine.

Originally Posted by Killemall
GASP...ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU BOTH STARTED IN 3RD GEAR....WELL THEN THIS WASNT A RACE AT ALL....EVERYONE KNOWS THAT IF YOU HAD BOTH STARTED IN SECOND GEAR THAT THE VETTE WOULD HAVE MAGICALLY STARTED PULLING YOU.......

Sorry man..But thats exactly what a few clowns said to me when I ran a Z0h with both of us starting in 3rd
LOL Yeah but if I would have started in 2nd also it would have been a lot worst for him. lol

Well I'm about to sell my 6 speed setup and put an Auto in. I'm looking to race at the track more and don't feel like haveing to by a $1200 clutch to handle the power. So I'm going to sell my setup and put a TH400 in the car. I think it will be even nastier once the auto is in it.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

nice kill.

i like vette's more...but a win is a win.

sounds like you have a sick car. congrats.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:24 AM
10 Second Club

Centrifical superchargers might need a little bit higher rpms but so do turbo modmotors. Turbo lag sucks at low rpms. He also had 3.73 gears to my 3.55 gears. So his RPMs were higher then mine.

LOL Yeah but if I would have started in 2nd also it would have been a lot worst for him. lol

Well I'm about to sell my 6 speed setup and put an Auto in. I'm looking to race at the track more and don't feel like haveing to by a $1200 clutch to handle the power. So I'm going to sell my setup and put a TH400 in the car. I think it will be even nastier once the auto is in it.
What about one of Darrins 4R70W's they are holding some 1500HP cars and you keep that OD?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:26 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
What about one of Darrins 4R70W's they are holding some 1500HP cars and you keep that OD?
OD doesn't bother me since I really don't drive the car too much. I drive it like once or twice a week and the TH400 I'm getting is built to handle damn near anything you throw at it.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

OD doesn't bother me since I really don't drive the car too much. I drive it like once or twice a week and the TH400 I'm getting is built to handle damn near anything you throw at it.
I just had a Th350 built the same way!! If you haven't bought it yet call PTC and have them quote you a price. They built my th350 and my new 8" converter in about 4 days and had it shipped to me 2 days after that. If you call them ask for Kenny Ford. The guy really knows his ****. I got the th350 with the lower gear set (2.75 first gear rather than a 2.50 first gear) all upgraded parts and the longer tail section to match the length of the 4L60E. Can't wait to get it in the car with the new suspension finished and see how she does at the track. I wonder how much I am going to cut off my 60ft? My best 60ft with a BMR torque arm and stock suspension was 1.46. Now I am putting all the BMR suspension parts on with strange single adjustable shocks. Hope I can get the 60ft down some!!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Teching In

what did your care run in the quarter? Has to be a low 9 sec car to put lengths on a high 9 sec car