Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01' z28 vs 2010 Camaro ss

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Default 01' z28 vs 2010 Camaro ss

Was riding to friends house on the turnpike doing 60ish cruising watching my rear view mirror hoping for anything that wanted to race. For all 20 miles from exit 36 to exit 41 not one damn sports car passes me the whole trip. I'm maybe 2 miles from my exit (exit 43) and I see a black "bulky sporty" type car in my rearview about a half a mile back.

I slowed down to 50 mph staring in my mirror trying to figure out if its a 2010 mustang or a 2010 camaro. I seriously couldn't tell what kind of car it was til he was pretty much on top of me when I see him move to the middle lane and got up beside me. When his front bumper got to the middle of my door I heard him floor it. I did to as soon as I heard his engine, He pulled a half a car at first but I stopped his pull around 75 mph and was dead even with him at 95 mph when he left off got on his breaks and took exit 42. I took exit 43 and that was it.

Saw a lot of corvettes, TA's, hot rods, 3rd gen camaros, a few datsuns, and a few imports later on through the day but was never in a postion to run any of them. Still had a great day though.