Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

quite a few runs this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default quite a few runs this weekend...

02 SS vs. Ls1 Trans Am (unknown mods): 30 roll, we hit it and he jumps out a car length ahead. Im not sure if i spun or anything, but i stopped the pull and we stayed with that same length till he shut it down.

02 SS vs Caddy STS (w/ exhaust): Had a few roll runs @ 1st, i decided to drop it into 1st myself. 1st run, i spun but caught back up next to him then we shut off. 2nd run, i screwd up on my 1st to 2nd shift, so he stayed ahead of me this time. 3rd run, same thing happened as the 1st run. Then we finally got lined up at a red light. I stall up, light hits green and we both spin them but once i got traction. I began pulling away, about a 1 1/2 cars by shutdown. 2nd dig run from light to light, same outcome. We go at it 1 more time at another redlight. This time we got more room, so the outcome is about 2 car lengths by the time i shut down.

02 SS vs LS1 Z28 (Unknown mods): Im cruising down the street and come up on this Z28. I pass by him slowly, he does nothing. A few blocks later, he comes next to me again and this time he wants to play. So we line them up from a 25roll. Honks it off and there we go, he pulls ahead about half his car and shut it down as were coming up on a red light. We stay next to eachother, line them up again when we get some room. Honk it off again and were both off, next to eachother with him ahead by a few (around the front fender) and as my car shifts, i pull him in more and were next to eachother the rest of the way till shut down. I have to say, this was probably my best race to date. Neck and neck the whole time! Gave him a thumbs up and we went on our way, wish i wouldve got this one on video...

02 SS vs Cammed Evo: Not really a race here, me and my friends were cruising around when we get next to this Evo. My friend texts me as hes in the other lane, and text says "cammed evo". I wanna play with him, just for the hell of it but he wouldnt go. He finally decides to play a bit but were at 40mph. My car being an Auto and im out of my power range at that speed. He just hits and i do as i hear him go, he's already got a good 2 to 3 cars on me, then shuts it down. My friends like, i told you it was Cammed. I was like i dont care, i race to have fun. Win or lose, its all about having fun for me and seeing how much i lose to certain cars. Im sure he wouldve beat me either way but he caught me out of my power range. So i didnt get to see just how my car wouldve done.

02 SS vs Ls1 Z28 (Lid, Exhaust & Tune): Mods are what the guy told me. Anyways, straight to the races. He do a little roll, which he wins but the cars seemed to missfire (got 1 bad plug, couldnt get it out the last time i changed plugs a few weeks ago.) We follow eachother to another lonely street, and line them up from a dig. 3 honks and were off, hes ahead by a fender or so, i see some lights ahead. So quickly brake and slow it down, we go ahead and turn the cars around and line them up again. 3 honks and were off, both of us next to eachother this time and then he dissappears (i assumed he missed a gear). We decide to line them up 1 more time, 3 honks and were off. He gets ahead once again, but everytime my car shifted. I pulled him in more, by 3rd i got right next to him again and was slowly pulling on him then we shut it down. We pull over and start talking, thats when he told me he just had those mods w/ 2.73's and its an Auto as well.

Anyone else think he's full of **** with his mod list and being there with me? He has tires, as he talked to my friend a bit later and told him he had spent 500 or so on 2 tires. Does a tune on a basically stock ls1 really help that much? Ive raced my friends stock z28 and i take him from both a stop and roll.

All in all, it was a fun night. Nice races with both of the Z28's. Sorry if its so long lol Had a lot of runs with that Caddy. The Evo looked sweet, and sounded nice.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

jesus that was a long read. sounds like you had fun. why were you shifting in the auto though?

as for the last guy, from my experience, when people say exhaust it can mean anything from muffler to headers/ y or x and and catback. different people have different definitions.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WSsick
jesus that was a long read. sounds like you had fun. why were you shifting in the auto though?

as for the last guy, from my experience, when people say exhaust it can mean anything from muffler to headers/ y or x and and catback. different people have different definitions.
you manually shift an auto so you don't have to wait for the car to down shift when you nail it, and if he is spinning he can let out and get back in it with out shifting and still be in the power band.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick

haha yeaa, i tried to make it as short as possible. Shifting in the auto is like how "Work In Progress" said, its a bit better at times but i normally dont do it. I decided to give it a shot, try and get it down a bit more but still need some practice.