Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed A 2001 Mustang Cobra!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 03:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Killed A 2001 Mustang Cobra!!!

Well I'm back to killing Cobras again... N/A Cobras that is. (For Now)

I was waiting to get on the on ramp & I see a black Cobra behind me & think to myself.... As I pull onto the on ramp I floor it & so does he. So I know its on. He pulls up next to me & I ask what year it was? & he replies same as yours. Which I guess that meant its not a Termi. I couldn't hear a whine as he gave it gas so I figured it wasn't... Sounded nice though! Def was louder then my ****. So we drive a little trying to find an open amount of road & as soon as we get an open road in front of us a skittle pulls onto the hwy with us. So we lined up & did a 3 way. First was from a 60 roll. 3 honks were gave & I was Instantly pulling away. Then slowed it back down... Didn't wanna go past 100. I had probably 2-3 cars on the Stang. & the skittle was probably a car or so behind the Stang. So we lined up again & same results. Then the SRT-4 pulled off randomly. Wasn't able to get the mods of it.. Guess he was to embarrassed.

So we pulled off & found a nice open street & went from a couple 30 mph rolls. Haha..... Gave the honks & said BYE BYE! Slowed her down & he was AMAZED! Kept saying over & over "what the hell do you have in that thing!" Finally came to a stop to talk things over. He was really amazed about my car? Haha Mustang owners.... They really don't know what there missing. LS1 FTW. He asked what I had done & I just simply said its a 6 speed, pretty much stock. Borla exhaust & a SLP lid. His was a 5 speed & he told me that his mods were a SCT tune, 2 step rev limiter, Flowmaster exhaust, BBK long tube headers, & BBK cold air intake. I had told him if he had some gears it would really wake that thing up... He didn't know if my Camaro was an LS1 or not. Wasn't to familiar with LS1's. So I gave him some info about them. & he was telling me hes never lost to a Camaro before. Haha glad I was his first! Said he did beat a LS1 WS6 before? Street racing right?

He then asked if I wanted to go from a dig since he was surprised I got him from a roll. So we lined it up at the light. He got his revving with his step rev limiter which is set at 3500 RPM. I just left mine at 900 because I got normal street tires. Need my Nittos back! Once it turned green we were pretty even for a couple sec & then I got my traction & just walked away again. Pulled into a gas station & exchanged info. & might tint his taillights for him. Was a pretty cool guy though. Thanks for reading!

Another Mustang goes down....

Last edited by DoggyB22; 05-07-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill. I have to say I'm just as shocked as he was. Full exhaust, tuned and CAI. that's a ~330/300RWpower car.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice kill... and i love your quote under the sig
Old 05-07-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Good kill. I have to say I'm just as shocked as he was. Full exhaust, tuned and CAI. that's a ~330/300RWpower car.
Haha oh I had no doubt... I had another thread while back of me beating a 01 Cobra with the same mods just minus the LT headers. But see that's the thing I don't think he had LT headers. Pretty sure he just had some shorties on. Because they sure **** didn't look like LT headers & it didn't sound like it was LT. I don't know. He said he did but you know those Mustang owners haha. The other guy I ran dyno 320 hp (290 rw) 317 tq (301 rw) with the same mods minus headers. My Camaro did 323 rwhp & 337 lb tq on a dynojet.

Originally Posted by mannyman84
nice kill... and i love your quote under the sig
Haha yea I laughed my *** off because he was SO thrilled & happy when he said that.... I mean YAY congrats what a GT hasn't beat a Camaro since the LT1 came out?

Last edited by DoggyB22; 05-07-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Haha oh I had no doubt... I had another thread while back of me beating a 01 Cobra with the same mods just minus the LT headers. But see that's the thing I don't think he had LT headers. Pretty sure he just had some shorties on. Because they sure **** didn't look like LT headers & it didn't sound like it was LT. I don't know. He said he did but you know those Mustang owners haha. The other guy I ran dyno 320 hp (290 rw) 317 tq (301 rw) with the same mods minus headers. My Camaro did 323 rwhp & 337 lb tq on a dynojet.
A lot of guys call it full exhaust when it's just midpipe and catback so it's possible. I wouldnt' be so sure all the time. You get someone with a true full exhaust, cai and tune that doesn't mind getting the rpms up at shifts you just might be surprised.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ponygt65
A lot of guys call it full exhaust when it's just midpipe and catback so it's possible. I wouldnt' be so sure all the time. You get someone with a true full exhaust, cai and tune that doesn't mind getting the rpms up at shifts you just might be surprised.
Yea full exhaust to me is with LT also... Not some aftermarket shorties haha But yea I think he just had BBK shorties. Because he wouldn't be passing smog with LT. & he didn't mention anything bought that. Who knows? But I've def raced plenty of Mustangs. One has yet to take me down.