Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Not worth it but had fun listening to his bs. 425 rwhp Neon, not!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not worth it but had fun listening to his bs. 425 rwhp Neon, not!

Coming home from the gym and this little POS skittle sprays me with loose gravel when he peels away from the light. No biggie due to my car being a driver and has seen plenty of bugs / rocks over the years. I catch him at the light and said that was pretty rude peeling out like that. He said sorry bro, my bad and asked if I wanted to go? I tried to hold my smirk in and said whats been done and how much power you making ? He said "the works" whatever that means and a bigger turbo? ???? Help me out I don't know **** about neons. I do know that when he got on it while sitting in front of me he was blowing a ton of black smoke after rolling into the throttle. Boost came up and then viola, black smoke like a diesel. Had to see it. What would that be, too much boost and the rings not sealing ? Anyways I agree to run, (long light). I gave him the hit, and comes out hard and so do I. Before the top of first I'm ahead of him, hit second and run not walk away from him. LOL. He said he missed a gear. I give him the benefit of the doubt. We go from the next light, no jump this time. I pull him hard with the warm / hot DRs. Top of second Im buses ahead of him. Remember he claimed 425 rwhp and the works. I wait and I said no gear miss that time right ? Then told him "the works" didn't really work too well. Guy won't respond but is visibly pissed. Revs it up bouncing off the limiter and blows the red light. Guess what happened next, a cop was sitting a block up and saw the entire thing. I was stopped and asked if I was racing. I explained the clown was daring me but I refused. Later Mr Skittle, have fun paying that ticket.

Anyone with Neon knowledge please explain what it would take without nitrous to make 425 rwhp due to him stating his power level without nitrous.

PEACE
Old 06-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Coming home from the gym and this little POS skittle sprays me with loose gravel when he peels away from the light. No biggie due to my car being a driver and has seen plenty of bugs / rocks over the years. I catch him at the light and said that was pretty rude peeling out like that. He said sorry bro, my bad and asked if I wanted to go? I tried to hold my smirk in and said whats been done and how much power you making ? He said "the works" whatever that means and a bigger turbo? ???? Help me out I don't know **** about neons. I do know that when he got on it while sitting in front of me he was blowing a ton of black smoke after rolling into the throttle. Boost came up and then viola, black smoke like a diesel. Had to see it. What would that be, too much boost and the rings not sealing ? Anyways I agree to run, (long light). I gave him the hit, and comes out hard and so do I. Before the top of first I'm ahead of him, hit second and run not walk away from him. LOL. He said he missed a gear. I give him the benefit of the doubt. We go from the next light, no jump this time. I pull him hard with the warm / hot DRs. Top of second Im buses ahead of him. Remember he claimed 425 rwhp and the works. I wait and I said no gear miss that time right ? Then told him "the works" didn't really work too well. Guy won't respond but is visibly pissed. Revs it up bouncing off the limiter and blows the red light. Guess what happened next, a cop was sitting a block up and saw the entire thing. I was stopped and asked if I was racing. I explained the clown was daring me but I refused. Later Mr Skittle, have fun paying that ticket.

Anyone with Neon knowledge please explain what it would take without nitrous to make 425 rwhp due to him stating his power level without nitrous.

PEACE
great kill op......i think he was lying about his power level though....any ways even if he wasnt since you have the drs and hes fwd you could of easily have done it to him anyways .....good thing you didnt get busted
Old 06-07-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I've no douby SRT4 can put 425rwhp(like anycars) with heavy works on it. Not the usual skittle though. As a reference, my friend's SRT4 has cams, ported heads, bigger turbo, exhaust and fuel upgrade; sitting around 300rwhp and I reeled him good. I'm nowhere close to your setup N/A.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks man, but I wasn't worried about getting busted. I told a good story and the cop bought it. Didn't even have to use my "hole" card.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Too fricken close. Good thing you were done ! What were you doing...1/8 gas peddle to keep from spinning ?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by pittman
Too fricken close. Good thing you were done ! What were you doing...1/8 gas peddle to keep from spinning ?
yeah that was close OP, happy you didnt get caught BTW!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pittman
Nah Pitt the tires were quite warm and sticking very nice. THe nittos are virtually a slick LOL. His loss my gain. I spun them pretty good after he sprayed me with the loose gravel. I'm sure that helped in the adhesion. It was about 75 ish and the aspalt is hotter, so the conditions were right for a street launch.

1/8 pedal, thanks Pitt, but my car aint making power like that. Maybe in its next phase of life.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=allngn_c5;13437173]Nah Pitt the tires were quite warm and sticking very nice. THe nittos are virtually a slick LOL. His loss my gain. I spun them pretty good after he sprayed me with the loose gravel. I'm sure that helped in the adhesion. It was about 75 ish and the aspalt is hotter, so the conditions were right for a street launch.

1/8 pedal, thanks Pitt, but my car aint making power like that. Maybe in its next phase of life.[/QUOTE]

LMAO.

My recent toooo close story:

I was coming back from gym Thursday in my truck...MMOB, when out of no where, a friend (a chic) in her black ZO6, pulls in front of me real quick then back in her own lane. She rolls down her window to say something so in my juvinile mind...I'm like, I will give you something to listen to. I slam the peddle to the floor from around 35-40 mph and explode in tire squal and howling motor. I held it to the floor for about 3 seconds and let up thinking how cool was that to all the people behind us. When I looked up, there was a Trooper walking to his car after writing someone a ticket to my left about 300' away. He stops... and puts his hand on his hip and just stares at us. I had hit it so hard I wasn't going any faster than she was, so I guess he couldn't tell who the hell did it. I thought he would pull us both over ! On top of this, it was under an overpass so it was as loud as loud gets.

I was joking with her later and said I would have given her up. I would have said to the cop, now you know a truck can't run like that. Who is the obvious offender...LMAO
Old 06-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Teching In

425whp is definitely possible on a NSRT. it would either have to have atleast a t3/t4 50trim setup @ around 24-25 psi with fuel mods and a good tune to make that.

taken from agpturbo.com, a couple kits to get to the 425whp mark without cams

50 trim: This is the best matched turbo for the 2.4L motor for maximum power with the stock rev limiter and the only "old technology" turbo worthy of being installed. This turbo is perfect for those wanting to make big power on pump gas and win just about any street race from a roll. Full boost should be right around 3100-3200rpm in a .48a/r turbine housing and 3500-3600rpm in a .63a/r. The difference being about 30-40whp less when peaked out on race gas for the .48a/r, but with the faster spool the .48 is nicer for pump gas street driving. Many cars over the years have pulled over 420whp on pump gas at 23psi. The maximum boost is around 30psi where we have seen 500+whp with the .63a/r. The ballbearing option is really nice on this turbo if you can afford it. The turbo comes with a 4" inlet ported shroud compressor cover with a 2" outlet

NEW Delta 46: So why would we discontinue the D44, the most popular turbo we've sold over the past two years? How about a turbo that spools faster than the D44 and makes more power across the board? We have answered with a turbo that will hit 20psi at just a hair over 3000rpm and make 450whp all day long at 27psi in the .48 A/R turbine housing. 750cc injectors with a return line will be needed to max out the D46.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Got two guys in our race group up here that are pushing 430+whp supposedly on pump gas. There shi'ite keeps breaking though: They so rarely have both running that I dont believe they've been able to run each other yet. lol
Old 06-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Got two guys in our race group up here that are pushing 430+whp supposedly on pump gas. There shi'ite keeps breaking though: They so rarely have both running that I dont believe they've been able to run each other yet. lol
lmfao
Old 06-07-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
So typical of a modded Skittle. A few of my boys own them and once they are modded ANY they have a tendency to break. Stock they are VERY reliable though.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Nice kill! I hate when people act like that when you beat them though.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Where was your car at when he sprayed you with gravel?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My daily driver skittle puts down around 425. It's a GT3076R turbo tuned on E85. It would be no match for your car, especially from a dig, but it would do alot better than that guy did. You've got more than a hundred more whp and it's rwd. The car weighs 3050 with me and 1/4 tank, but it's not enough to run with the big dogs. I run around with MT ET street radials, so traction isn't too bad, but FWD sucks for drag racing no matter what. As far as being broken all the time, it's not, but it is in the garage waiting for a replacement axle right now. LOL!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by enginjoe
My daily driver skittle puts down around 425. It's a GT3076R turbo tuned on E85. It would be no match for your car, especially from a dig, but it would do alot better than that guy did. You've got more than a hundred more whp and it's rwd. The car weighs 3050 with me and 1/4 tank, but it's not enough to run with the big dogs. I run around with MT ET street radials, so traction isn't too bad, but FWD sucks for drag racing no matter what. As far as being broken all the time, it's not, but it is in the garage waiting for a replacement axle right now. LOL!
Thanks to you and the other guy that shared the pertinent info on neons. He was obviously bs'ing me and was hoping that all I had was some loud exhaust. LOL.

To the person that asked about the gravel, with the recent batch of storms that have went thru SE Michigan, there was a good amount more debris then usual on Ford Road.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha! I bet he was surprised. Sounds like he had problems too; there shouldn't be smoke coming out of the exhaust that you can see any more than a puff or two every once in awhile during WOT. There are a lot of silly young people driving skittles around thinking they are the fastest thing around. There are very few neons in the world that could keep up with a 500+rwhp/tq C5. I've been around alot of these things and I've never seen one...
Old 06-09-2010, 06:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by enginjoe
Haha! I bet he was surprised. Sounds like he had problems too; there shouldn't be smoke coming out of the exhaust that you can see any more than a puff or two every once in awhile during WOT. There are a lot of silly young people driving skittles around thinking they are the fastest thing around. There are very few neons in the world that could keep up with a 500+rwhp/tq C5. I've been around alot of these things and I've never seen one...
His exhaust was clean at idle, but once he brought the RPMS up the **** turned dark in a hurry. Could his tune have been that rich?

*Sorry for the typo in the title, meant WHP, not RWHP. Should've proof read my post before submitting. Just caught it boy do I feel stupid. LOL.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Probably not tuned well.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

I formerly owned a skittle. I had the Stage3 kit from Mopar on it. The kit came with new Bigger turbo, pcm,injectors,fuel pump,fuel rail,and it made 21 psi. And it was fast from a roll. A dig and you could forget about it. But I know it wouldn't come close to 500 hp/tq vette. And it made about 330/345. So I think he was totally bs'ing you. Or his car has some serious problems