Old 06-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

26x10.0
Old 06-08-2010, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bigblockfox
No I dont bastarize cars. But I will tell you that I got my *** handed to me my a black T/A a few months back. It was in my other 85 that has gt40 heads cam and exhaust all motor no bottle in this car. His car was (stock). We went from a 30 roll (4.10s in my 8.8) and I hung with him tell I hit 3rd and then bam he put a car on me and by the end he had 2-2.5 cars on me. We pull over and he says its all stock I call BS. So a few days later I asked my buddys about it. And low and behold it has a cam, intake, exhaust, converter, gears, and head work. I got played. So I will admit to a *** raping but I will find him again. I heard hes putting L92 heads on his car and changing cam.
If he had the mods you say he would of walked on you much harder than that. By the story I say he was stock.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Badass kill! LMAO a stock 1983 5.0 with a small shot of juice straigt WALKED a modded LS1. NICE!
Evidence of being a modded ls1?

Based on the video, we get nothing, maybe you could infer it had an exhaust?

We can't even see his time, sure the Mustang was ahead, but by how much?

We all know that you Mustang guys would consider that Mustang "stock" if it just had a newer motor in it. How about we consider this one "stock"?
Old 06-08-2010, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
Man you're cool! You're also intelligent as hell, too, coming in with your chest puffed out because your 346 LS1 with bolt-ons and a tune (how much $ did you spend on that again) ran the same time as a 100 shot 85 GT (60s technology) 302! Right on!
You see I am cool! A lot cooler than you will ever be! I can come in here with my chest all puffed out with my 346ci LS1 because there are few of you that will run with me let alone out run me! Now I am not saying I am the baddest boy on the block just a lot badder than you newbie! I am not impressed when any car that is modded beats a stock car. Let me put 100 shot on a stock f-body and go out run a stock Cobra then come on here and brag about it. You blue bloods will have your panties all bunched up quick!! You don't know me but I am not bias to any make or model cars. I like all fast cars but I do have a weakness for stupid people!!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by happysem
Evidence of being a modded ls1?

Based on the video, we get nothing, maybe you could infer it had an exhaust?

We can't even see his time, sure the Mustang was ahead, but by how much?

We all know that you Mustang guys would consider that Mustang "stock" if it just had a newer motor in it. How about we consider this one "stock"?
And in comes another ignorant (and/or) brand loyal 2009+ member.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP: videos gone.
I'd agree...but what car STOCK is fast besides a Vette, Viper, Ferrari, Lambo, I mean come on, of course they're not going to come from the factory running 10s. My point was only that compared to other cars from the factory, they hold their own. Learn something about the people here? Are you like a site legend or something?
I hate guys that try to show how badass and cool they are by saying "only 8 second street cars are fast in my book" all because they heard some other wannabe tough guy talk that way and are trying to copy them.
No I dont bastarize cars. But I will tell you that I got my *** handed to me my a black T/A a few months back. It was in my other 85 that has gt40 heads cam and exhaust all motor no bottle in this car. His car was (stock). We went from a 30 roll (4.10s in my 8.8) and I hung with him tell I hit 3rd and then bam he put a car on me and by the end he had 2-2.5 cars on me. We pull over and he says its all stock I call BS. So a few days later I asked my buddys about it. And low and behold it has a cam, intake, exhaust, converter, gears, and head work. I got played. So I will admit to a *** raping but I will find him again. I heard hes putting L92 heads on his car and changing cam.
Please... your turd, unless lightened alot and modded more than you say, is a at best high 12 second car. A LS1 Fbody modded like you say would destroy you, even if short shifting AND granny shifting. Oh and BTW: L92 heads will not fit onto a LS1. Need a 4.0 or larger bore.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:18 PM
10 Second Club

Nitrous is a bolt on duh. For a car that all stock even the suspension a 12.5 is pretty damn good in my book for being 25 years old.
I am not trying to discredit your car by any means man but I can take just about any stock car, add 100 shot to it and outrun your stock mustang. The point is you should outrun a stock f-body with the said mods. I am just not impressed by it. My car is almost 10 years old and runs 10's on a full weight (3600lbs) stock bottom end LS1. I was impressed by that. My buddies 93 notch back with a stroker motor went low 10's at over 132mph on the motor. I was impressed by that. I am impressed by how well the new Mustangs run stock. But not impressed with any car that sprays and outruns another stock car!!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqThmpiaftE

99 Camaro ex hipo car with 02 motor.

Me 85gt with a stone stock motor with a torker intake and holley carb with a 100 shot.
I take it you trailered your car to the track. Are you running slicks? Did the camaro have street tires? Those are important facts in racing.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ponygt65
He has an camaro and he is on a gm performance site! This site has been invaded by the mustangs cause they dont have any good sites to visit.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How was I being ignorant?
I would say you were, calling me out like that.

So what if I've only been a member here for like a year?

Who said I was brand loyal?
I don't have any problem with one car being faster than another, but you guys need to get your **** together.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02 wife
He has an camaro and he is on a gm performance site! This site has been invaded by the mustangs cause they dont have any good sites to visit.
mmmm'ok. Cause we all know how much of a fond member you are with fbod owners too.

How was I being ignorant?
I would say you were, calling me out like that.

So what if I've only been a member here for like a year?

Who said I was brand loyal?
I don't have any problem with one car being faster than another, but you guys need to get your **** together.
throwin' **** at a stang owner just because he's a stang owner.

Maybe I misunderstood your post, but to say mustang 'stock' like that was ignorant; stating several fbod owners do it as well. And now you go and post somethign so lame as 'you guys need to get your **** together'? That statement is ignorant as well.

I said it in another thread, there's two thread on SVTP about gm vs. ford and 90+% f the cobra owners are giving the GM guys advice on what to do with their cars to beat cobras. They're being cool about it instead of throwin' **** like what goes on in here a fair amount of the time.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Good luck with that ****! I'm making probably a couple less HP and for SURE less TQ and I can't launch to save my life on street tires! What tires are you running?
nitto nt 555 street tires. I had a 1.9 sixty on 255 bfgs street tires. And these nittos seem to work better. Hell my buddy has run 7.8 on street tires 5 speed and a 1.8 sixty
Old 06-08-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't care if LS1 guys are asking Cobra guys how to beat them.

I'm not throwing **** at a stang owner just because of the car he drives.

I'm calling out his statement of a "modded" LS1 when there is no evidence that it is.
There are several instances I've seen where owners call there cars "stock" or "stock Ford (or Chevy/GM) parts".

Thats the **** that I hate and call out on, it has nothing to do with the car he owns.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't care if LS1 guys are asking Cobra guys how to beat them.

I'm not throwing **** at a stang owner just because of the car he drives.

I'm calling out his statement of a "modded" LS1 when there is no evidence that it is.
There are several instances I've seen where owners call there cars "stock" or "stock Ford (or Chevy/GM) parts".

Thats the **** that I hate and call out on, it has nothing to do with the car he owns.
A) they weren't asking for advice...that's the point. Guys were cool enough to offer it up anyway.

B) if that's the case, then don't say YOU GUYS and group all stang owner members together. Looking at your explenation it's a point of semantics now, but the context was questionable.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Banned

mmmm'ok. Cause we all know how much of a fond member you are with fbod owners too.

throwin' **** at a stang owner just because he's a stang owner.

Maybe I misunderstood your post, but to say mustang 'stock' like that was ignorant; stating several fbod owners do it as well. And now you go and post somethign so lame as 'you guys need to get your **** together'? That statement is ignorant as well.

I said it in another thread, there's two thread on SVTP about gm vs. ford and 90+% f the cobra owners are giving the GM guys advice on what to do with their cars to beat cobras. They're being cool about it instead of throwin' **** like what goes on in here a fair amount of the time.
There are f bodys owners in my corner and there are some that have a beef, so what! This site is called ls1 tech .
Old 06-08-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

There are f bodys owners in my corner and there are some that have a beef, so what! This site is called ls1 tech .
Please point me to the rule of this site that states you must own a GM vehicle to gain membership.

Again, most 'in your corner' - as you put it - are newer members. Your brand loyalty is laughable and pathetic.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Please point me to the rule of this site that states you must own a GM vehicle to gain membership.

Again, most 'in your corner' - as you put it - are newer members. Your brand loyalty is laughable and pathetic.
Don't even talk about the brand loyalty of Ford/Mustang owners.

I know there are some cool ones, but most that I have PERSONALLY dealt with or met are total douche bags and think they are hot **** because they have a Mustang.

Like I said, there are cool ones, I have met about 2.
I would ask them to help me work on my POS if I needed it, they have actually built their cars, know what it is capable of, and don't go around inflating their egos or calling their cars "stock".

Its almost just as bad as the Dodge/Hemi crowd, we ALL know how bad those are.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Banned

You dont have to have an gm vehicle to be a member on this site, but dont cry and start name calling when a gm owner checks you.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ss1129
There was barely even internets when the ls1 came out. LOL besides we were still beating down mustangs with lt1's. I think 2011 is the first year a stock mustang gt can beat a stock 94z28.

thats cold
Old 06-08-2010, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry brotha but that doesn't mean ****!