Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

06 GTO vs 98 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SteelCityZ
I am not correcting spelling errors on myw iPad because I dent care..it's touchscreen it happens.
It even has built in spell check...
My car iss not broke it's Getting upgrades.
No it's not getting upgrades. You said it was sitting in pieces. That you'd eventually get to it. "Getting upgrades" means it's in the shop for a day or so getting new stuff put on. Or that it's in your garage for a day or so while you put stuff on. How long has it "been getting upgrades" ?
One lt1 owner made a comment and now it's all of them.
I think you both exaggerated a bit. And it's just not LT1 owners that are saying you don't know what you are talking about. And no, not just Mustang owners either.
To get the hp my bolt on lt1 makes a 2v would need cams.
The last time you ran your car you ran low 13s. It does not take cams to get a 2v in the low 13s.
And snake why are you still saying your car runs 12s when you have never actually been to a track?
I think he said it had the ability to do so. His is a daily driver too btw.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:31 PM
RH2
Banned

Originally Posted by Ke^in
SteelCityZ is the new 02 wife.
02 wife must have really shook you up, because you keep mentioning him like he was some kind of wanted outlaw, he's gone so get over him!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RH2
02 wife must have really shook you up, because you keep mentioning him like he was some kind of wanted outlaw, he's gone so get over him!
He shook me all night long.

ps. I can't believe you thought posting this was a good idea.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Stop flip flopping kein.. I said no bolt on 2vs have been a good race me for and you said they didn't have the same hp as me..when i reply now its about track times. what do they need if not cams..since every 2v I raced with bolt ons as in gears, full exhaust, some weight reduction, cai etc manual trans..there has been quite a few eof these at the track..they are runing mid to high 13s sub 2.0 60s chirping through 2nd and 3rd. I know it's hard for you mustang guys to see but sub sea level times aren't the norm for 2vs.. It's around 3000ft here most days.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

He shook me all night long.

ps. I can't believe you thought posting this was a good idea.
PS. Look at his join date......

Just sayin.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I am not correcting spelling errors on myw iPad because I dent care..it's touchscreen it happens. My car iss not broke it's Getting upgrades. One lt1 owner made a comment and now it's all of them. To get the hp my bolt on lt1 makes a 2v would need cams. And snake why are you still saying your car runs 12s when you have never actually been to a track?
Just to shut you up, I will post my 12 sec run when I get the timeslip. Call it ricer math, I beat my brother's 12.80 car, after my longtubes go on, ported lower, and a tune, it'll be even deeper in the 12s. My car still runs right now, btw.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snake95
Just to shut you up, I will post my 12 sec run when I get the timeslip. Call it ricer math, I beat my brother's 12.80 car, after my longtubes go on, ported lower, and a tune, it'll be even deeper in the 12s. My car still runs right now, btw.
So does my blazer ..I have nothin but time to work on my z at my leisure. Btw I already have my le2 heads and 223 230 mild cam..should be right around 380 whp in my auto after the tune.. This one time I ran a terminator from 0 to 70 and hung right next to him..my car is now a mid 12s car..not really haha. You will have to post a 12 second slip now that you are in my sig...q vid would be better though
Old 06-25-2010, 01:00 PM
***Repost Police***

Everyone with a brain knows that bolt-on/geared/tuned 2Vs can run high 12s/low 13s. ~280rwhp, ~3,350lbs, and 4.10s... definitely possible. If somebody is running mid-high 13s with those mods, they need driving lessons.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Teching In

lol @ 12 second cars that have never been to the track basing their 12 second claims off of nothing
Old 06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
lol @ 12 second cars that have never been to the track basing their 12 second claims off of nothing
OH SNAP!!! That was some funny stuff right chair!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

So does my blazer ..I have nothin but time to work on my z at my leisure. Btw I already have my le2 heads and 223 230 mild cam..should be right around 380 whp in my auto after the tune.. This one time I ran a terminator from 0 to 70 and hung right next to him..my car is now a mid 12s car..not really haha. You will have to post a 12 second slip now that you are in my sig...q vid would be better though
LOL at your sig that makes sense. People will see the first quote and wonder why the **** you put that in your sig. They will see the second and see that I admitted my car is not fast, just a 12 sec car. Once again, you fail.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
OH SNAP!!! That was some funny stuff right chair!
It wasn't supposed to be funny. The funny part is claiming you have a 12 second car with some backwards math...
Old 06-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

Lol @ people with douche-tastic pictures of themselves in their Cavalier claiming to have beaten everything under the sun by multiple lengths, no matter what the make/model.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Lol @ people with douche-tastic pictures of themselves in their Cavalier claiming to have beaten everything under the sun by multiple lengths, no matter what the make/model.
You're just salty that my car would wreck yours. Oh and I already have my 12 second slips
Old 06-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

It wasn't supposed to be funny. The funny part is claiming you have a 12 second car with some backwards math...
If you'd read, I never said "I ran a 12.xx" I said I have a 12 second car. Meaning that my car is capable of running in the 12s. Ricer math would be me saying I knew a guy with my same setup that ran 12s. I beat a 12.80s car (can post the time slip if needed) from a roll, have driven both cars, and from 0-60 my car eats said car alive. In other words = I know my car can do 12s, if someone wants to bet otherwise, tell me the $$$ amount of the bet and lay your cash down, and pay up when I send you the video on your cell phone.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
2011 technology vs. 1992 technology...hmmm...after 19 years, Ford's finally done it!

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
If your gonna play that game what about the 03-04 cobras?

And what about 2003-2009? What happened there?

Whats that? the mustang outsold the F body since the dawn of time?
Oh and FORD didnt take the governments money for a bail out since it was doing well enough on its own?

Whatever they were doing the 19 years it took to "catch up" Gm should probably look into.

Sure they run 14s stock. With bolt ons they hit low 13s or high 12s on average. Can't say the same about 2vs or 5.0s.. Just face it..mustangs modability is crap.

Originally Posted by Creman
If I bought a new muscle car right now, it would be a new Ford. Gm can go jump off a cliff for taking the bailout, and Ford is doing it right this time. Plenty of power, looks good, how can you say the new Mustangs aren't sexy? Heck, their new v6 will give most v8's a run...

How can you hate on ford when it is one of the few true American companies left?
Good post.

The LSX series motors are all pushrods shall we start comparing? No that woould be stupid. The 11 mustang is finally quick..you mustang guys bring it up all the time like it proves something. Bolt on 2vs will not keep up with bolt on lt1s..I have experienced it..vs manual mustangs in my auto lol.. 5.0s aren't even a race with bolt ons. And low 12 average with trick flow heads and cams for a 2v is still slow. I could get top of the line **** for my lt1 and run low 11s. Letss stay comparing apples to a apples.
your ignorance is laughable.

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
If your gonna discuss a car vs a car then do discuss as there can be had some great arguments there.

But blatantly saying things like ford sucks or gm sucks is just stupid and kinda shows your level of intelligence.

People seem to forget that selling cars is a BUSINESS. And EVERY companies only goal is to make as large a profit as possible.

I hold no allegience to any company or car as i make my own decisions on what to buy based on a single product vs another and was cross shopping EVOs, termis, CTS-Vs, honda S2000s, and a few others before i bought my car. But right now Ford is doing GREAT, especially when compared with a company such as GM.

So it might be wise to not make blanket statements like that which can easily backfire.

And FWIW if i had to buy a new car this year it would without a doubt be the new 5.0, it truly is greater then the sum of its parts. even if "it took Ford 19 years" to get it right.
Good post.

SteelCityZ is the new 02 wife.
I've wondered that actually.

No 2v with bolt ons I've ever raced has been a good race. Have you ever raced your 2v with bolt ons Kein? Nope your car is stock. So you are racing what your car could be now? I have raced 2vs and they aRe slow..now let's hear the excuses start rolling in. You seem to get off track and try to switch the discussion around to fit the last post made..I have been saying the same thing over. And over and have yet to be shown differently

My car is sitting in my garage on jack stands, but that is beside the point and just another attempt to cloud the real subject we are talking about
more ignorance. LOL

So that means all 2v mustangs are slow then?

Yes, yes it is. We went over this. The difference between you and I though? I'm not talking **** about my car as if I had something fast. That, and my car is actually running.

No, I am telling you what said cars with said mods run. I never said "If I got this and that my car will smash yours" That would be silly. Especially since I have no plans on making my car a N/A beast on the track. It's a daily driver. Something I've told you now about four times.

Again, no slower than LT1s.

The only person making excuses is you.

Show an example of me doing this.

Yes, yes you have. It's wrong, but you've indeed been saying it over and over. Like someone that has diarrhea of the mouth.

Are you serious? Hell the other GM owners in here are even embarrassed by you. You replied to one that said this about you "And he is a particular owner that makes me glad I'm parting with my slow LT1" about you, and completely ignored that he said it. *shakes head*

Here is a sight I suggest before putting your car back together.

www.rif.org

pro·jec·tion n.

(psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your own traits and emotions are attributed to someone else.
Good post.

Originally Posted by fdjizm
This is the best picture I could find to describe you and that obviously false comment.

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Who is Kein? What is a dynes? I won't even ask what evn means. Go fix your car, get out of the 13's, and then come back. After you fix your car take some English lessons so you'll make sense when you talk smack.

I am not correcting spelling errors on myw iPad because I dent care..it's touchscreen it happens. My car iss not broke it's Getting upgrades. One lt1 owner made a comment and now it's all of them. To get the hp my bolt on lt1 makes a 2v would need cams. And snake why are you still saying your car runs 12s when you have never actually been to a track?
now HP depicts the winner of drag racing? Hmmm.

Originally Posted by RH2
But is he gone?

Stop flip flopping kein.. I said no bolt on 2vs have been a good race me for and you said they didn't have the same hp as me..when i reply now its about track times. what do they need if not cams..since every 2v I raced with bolt ons as in gears, full exhaust, some weight reduction, cai etc manual trans..there has been quite a few eof these at the track..they are runing mid to high 13s sub 2.0 60s chirping through 2nd and 3rd. I know it's hard for you mustang guys to see but sub sea level times aren't the norm for 2vs.. It's around 3000ft here most days.
If they're running sub 2.0 60s and chirping 2/3 and mid high 13s (which is near stock) either A) they weren't full bolt ons as you are claiming (which is highly likely), B) your DA sucks ***, or C) they are short shifting like an SOB.
I'll pick "D" Bob, for all of the above.

uh, it is ricer man. beating a car that ran a best of doesn't mean you can run a better time than that. i'm not saying you dont' have a 12 sec car, but I wouldn't boast about that as much as you have been. It is ricer.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Teching In

I beat 11 second cars from a roll. My car must go 11's.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

I'll post up the slip after it happens.
Staging Lane

No we've established that your car will beat any car by 2 or so lengths, pay attention.
TECH Apprentice

That's a whole different discussion all it's own.