GTO vs Cammed 6spd Challenger SRT-8

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
he said he hung with the h/c ctsv not beat iirc
and the bolts on ta was in a regal gs cammed and bolt on'd
and 500whp cammed/bolt ons seems like a stretch to me thats like 130-140whp more than stock. from the dynos i have seen on youtube ppl are making 410whp-450whp with h/c, full bolt ons, and tune. which makes ju1ces claims of numbers about right
No he said he won in the thread.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is highly entertaining. I can't believe I read the whole thing. It brings back 2002-era internet memories.

As for the OP, I believe it. Tuning will do a lot for these cars, especially when the guy knows what he's doing. I had a mail order tune, of all things, done to my car for my mods and the car is just a completely different animal. Almost runs a little too well actually.

Plus the new "fast" cars are really slow. 4100 lb curb weights being the norm, 20+ inch chrome wheels, drive by wire systems, not being able to fully disengage any type of traction control. All fail.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
I'm pretty sure this SRT8 was not cammed. Even with boltons I see it as a close race. If its cammed, 430rwhp sounds very tame or the dyno is low reading, anyway numbers dont tell all. I checked some dyno results on cammed SRT8 and theyre more like 450-500rwhp. Not long ago, any SRT8 was a 107-108mph and 12s capable in stock form.

Why would the guy lie about mods? I dunno..I met a dumbass that was saying his Mustang was cammed, tuned by Saleen; I open the hood and theres not even headers in there LOL

But the thing is you said you beat a fbody trapping 119mph/ a cammed CTSv but boltons T/A by 2 cars with a boltons LS2 GTO. Non-sense to me except maybe the boltons T/A. Either youre lying, either you have more done to the car, either you have a factory freak which is a theory that only a few still talk about. Your weight reduction will not make it for it because my 4th gen is 3450 full weight. GTO are around 3700lbs

I would have hard time thinking that your car would spank my H/C/I SS...

...uhm... no!
Alot of this is wayyy off!

Cam only 6.1= 420-440rwhp
H/C 6.1= 450-480rwhp
Strokers=490-520rwhp

It all depends on the set up and dyno.

Most cam only full weight 6.1's will run mid-low 12's. H/C will run high 11's with some strong set up's running mid 11's. Strokers can typically run mid 11's all day with some of the stronger ones running low low 11's. Even had one NA stroker running 10.8's, but ive seen plenty weak strokers run high 11's also.

My car is cam only and a small one at that, and it only made 380rwhp on pump gas and 412rwhp on race gas. BUT my car will run mid 11's at full weight with good air and high 11's in crappy air all day long. This just goes to show you how much dyno numbers really mean. My cam only car thats technically only making bolt on dyno numbers is at the track running what some strokers are running.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
I'm glad I can race one of these because I always destroy the autos by who knows how many buslengths from a roll.
That's a clear exaggeration. A tuned auto would give you a good run but most likely lose due to your weight reduction (or undisclosed mods).

The autos seem to be quicker than the 6speeds too.

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
They kept up with me very very well and surprised me, but then again that extra horsepower gave me the top end. We were about even to 130 and then I started pulling away. At 140 I was half a car ahead maybe. I may of phrased it wrong before, I in no way beat him badly, but I did get ahead before i had to shut down.

Very impressive and with minor mods they do fly.
I assume that happened when you're modded? 140mph is well into 4th gear for the SRT-8s.

Sure I beat everyone off the line but when I hit 3rd gear it's like I pulled my ebrake
Which contradicts your statement above. I would expect an SRT-8 to start pulling you then. Is your gearing the same as a G8 GT/GXP?

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
As ricer as it may sound i want my roof panel made in carbon fiber, i would paint it to match but it would do so much towards the car in terms of lowering the center of gravity and weight reduction. .
The roof is a vital structural element. Just where exactly is your "panel" in relation to the body structure? BMW did that and it saved about 8lbs and barely lowered the COG.

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO

Remember setting up a "lets race our parents cars" type of deal once and a V6 camry walks a 5.7 charger HARD, dig or roll.
Yeah right. Was the engine running in the 5.7?

My money is that it was a stock srt8 with maybe a catback.
It would take a bolt-on and tuned one to lose decently to the OP.

Originally Posted by SteelCityZ
stock srt8's around here run mid 13's and trap 103 if that. good kill juice.
Your forgot to add stock Fbodys and GTOs run high 13s and trap 101-102mph "around here".

Originally Posted by Badguy7
The OP, has already beaten a Cammed CTS-V. Which made around the same hp as the Challenger and weighed at around the same, if not a few 100lbs more then it. .
A first-gen CTS-V weighs about 200lbs less than an SRT-8 LX.

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
Ya I don't see why he is acting like a stock srt8 is so fast or has great top end. Stock for stock a gto would beat it from a roll.
Um, incorrect. Driver's race. And if you're stock you're not gaining on any SRT-8 unless he was curious to see what he walked.

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez
Plus the new "fast" cars are really slow. 4100 lb curb weights being the norm, 20+ inch chrome wheels, drive by wire systems, not being able to fully disengage any type of traction control. All fail.
Low 13s is slow, 20" wheels are polished, drive by wire does suck, TC can be fully disengaged for racing.

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
Alot of this is wayyy off!

Cam only 6.1= 420-440rwhp
H/C 6.1= 450-480rwhp
Strokers=490-520rwhp

It all depends on the set up and dyno.

My car is cam only and a small one at that, and it only made 380rwhp on pump gas and 412rwhp on race gas..
As you know, that dyno is off by about 30rwhp+. 400rwhp is then norm for tuned SRT-8s and I got 413rwhp on race gas. No cam.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:47 AM
TECH Regular

i dont see a m6 ls2 gto vs srt8 being a drivers race from a roll.
u should come out to infineon this wednesday or some meets ur srt8 seems pretty sick
Old 06-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
As you know, that dyno is off by about 30rwhp+. 400rwhp is then norm for tuned SRT-8s and I got 413rwhp on race gas. No cam.
The dyno I used 40+ times and seen god knows how many pulls with other cars from bone stock to fully built blown 8.3L Whipples is actually about 60-80rwhp lower than a typical dyno jet.

As you stated a full bolt on 6.1 can hit 400+ rwhp on a dynojet. Most bolt on 6.1's make about 320-340 on the dyno I use.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bh353
cavaliers racing?..hahaha..a stock gto would put buses on your cobra..isn't your car eligable for antique plates?
You really are stupid. A STOCK GTO? I've made stock GTO's, STOCK like you said, look like they were standing still. I've never raced a cammed one and I'd like to, though. Five more years until I'm eligible for antiques does it make you mad that my 15 year old car beats stock GTO's?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
ok, since I have time to kill to reread all your stories heres my **edit** forget the boltons T/A**end of edit**

You beat a cammed ctsv(tuned, because untuned was a total rape) by between 3-4cars from some plp and 1-1.5 by the CTSV owner, youre door to door with that 119mph fbody and that LS2 vette.

So how fast do you really do the 1/4?
I beat a H/C/I CTS-v claimed 435rwhp. It was a 5.7. From First gear to about 130mph by less than 1 carlength.

I did not beat SRZ's H/C Z28. Although when he had an extra passenger I hung right with him until we stopped at about 120 where he was starting to move out on me.

I ran door to door with a Z51 LS2 c6 from 45-130.

My car has run a PB of 12.17 @ 113ish. I've trapped a high of 114.9. Of course the 12.17 was not on my stock tires. If you guys ever checked out the GTO forum these types of times have been met and surpassed by people with my mods (or less mods), and that it's really not that far from the norm.

Carry on...
Old 06-22-2010, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I beat a H/C/I CTS-v claimed 435rwhp. It was a 5.7. From First gear to about 130mph by less than 1 carlength.

I did not beat SRZ's H/C Z28. Although when he had an extra passenger I hung right with him until we stopped at about 120 where he was starting to move out on me.

I ran door to door with a Z51 LS2 c6 from 45-130.

My car has run a PB of 12.17 @ 113ish. I've trapped a high of 114.9. Of course the 12.17 was not on my stock tires. If you guys ever checked out the GTO forum these types of times have been met and surpassed by people with my mods (or less mods), and that it's really not that far from the norm.

Carry on...
That's great and all, but what these people "claim" to make, and what they really make are probably very different.

You are trying to play everyone here like they are retards or something. If you're beating H/C cars with what is claimed to be a header/tuned only LS2 Goat, then those must be some putrid H/C setups. I mean, really.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

im sorry about the 6 speed statement on the hemi. thats what i get for listening to other ppl. i looked it up and im wrong lol guess they do have 6speed 6.1's
Old 06-22-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill, Juice. A 50 or so rwhp difference one way and a 700 or so pound difference the other way makes the results sound accurate to me, especially knowing how you bang gears.

Originally Posted by lemons12
3400ish with me in it, plus my car is setup up good enough it can actually get out of its own way... Go play in the sandbox.
What weight reduction do you have and how much do you weigh?
Old 06-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
That's great and all, but what these people "claim" to make, and what they really make are probably very different.

You are trying to play everyone here like they are retards or something. If you're beating H/C cars with what is claimed to be a header/tuned only LS2 Goat, then those must be some putrid H/C setups. I mean, really.
SRZ's H/C car made like 420whp I believe. The H/C/I CTS-V weighs a lot more than me and he claimed 435whp. Putrid setups? Nah. Squeezing every last hp out of each cube? Definately not. Solid setup, you betchya.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Dam all of juices threads remind me of how my friends with AMGs(few that were in the 11s) and modded 335s, basically took my motor apart to see if i was really stock after how close our runs were on the highway.

Or how a decently modded 05 STi ran me from a 10mph roll the day i got my car and started saying how i must have a HUGE cam and many other mods to be able to pull from a dig like that on him.

These cars are really underestimated and Ju1ce is right how hes not even the fastest around for his mods yet most people are in disbelief about how fast his car is for his mods.

My post may come off as biased but hey i bought my car for some of these reasons after all.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 92builtbird

I was a passanger in the LS2 vette, and the kid had such bald tires we werent even getting traction in 3rd on a stock ls2 c6. (very stupid) But juice was right at the back bumper .

And juice has alot of weight removed from his car, few little things plus bumper supports shed off alot of weight...

....back to the O.P, I raced a srt8 6.1 300c with bolt ons, and I put a few cars on him easy from a roll he was amking 400whp 400wtq. (video is a few threads down)

Even with a cam I dont think the srt8 would of beat me. So this story from juice could be true..

Last edited by maxspeed05V; 06-22-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
What weight reduction do you have and how much do you weigh?
Pro stars... 175#

Just looked up what I weighed last time.. It was 3450 give or take a few depending on how much gas I have at the time.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
I was a passanger in the LS2 vette, and the kid had such bald tires we werent even getting traction in 3rd on a stock ls2 c6. (very stupid) But juice was right at the back bumper .

And juice has alot of weight removed from his car, few little things plus bumper supports shed off alot of weight...

....back to the O.P, I raced a srt8 6.1 300c with bolt ons, and I put a few cars on him easy from a roll he was amking 400whp 400wtq. (video is a few threads down)

Even with a cam I dont think the srt8 would of beat me. So this story from juice could be true..
Definately was not at the back bumper... And you act like my car was hooking and his wasn't. I spun just as bad.
And come to think of it, since that race I beat a half dozen LS2 C6's pretty easily. I bet he wasn't even stock...
Old 06-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Talking

Originally Posted by snake95
You really are stupid. A STOCK GTO? I've made stock GTO's, STOCK like you said, look like they were standing still. I've never raced a cammed one and I'd like to, though. Five more years until I'm eligible for antiques does it make you mad that my 15 year old car beats stock GTO's?
um no it dosen't make me mad,because i don't own a stock one..my bad i thought you had a stock 95 cobra..
Old 06-22-2010, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Definately was not at the back bumper... And you act like my car was hooking and his wasn't. I spun just as bad.
And come to think of it, since that race I beat a half dozen LS2 C6's pretty easily. I bet he wasn't even stock...
you cut the video short in your editing. 4th gear the vette inches away but you cut the clip ...

But bald tires are no excuse he souldnt of raced.

and he was stock down to the paper filter.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
you cut the video short in your editing. 4th gear the vette inches away but you cut the clip ...

But bald tires are no excuse he souldnt of raced.

and he was stock down to the paper filter.
Cut the video???? I stopped when I hit the brakes or he hit the brakes, wowwww LOL

When are you gonna step up and race my header only pig?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cut the video???? I stopped when I hit the brakes or he hit the brakes, wowwww LOL

When are you gonna step up and race my header only pig?
from what ive heard you pig is a major lean diet, hope you dont get into a accident without bumper supports though.

Tonight would of been good. Seth said hell call you, But its raining I wont be out unless it magicly clears up.

come down next tues. You can rematch the C6 too now that he has new tires.

Quick Reply: GTO vs Cammed 6spd Challenger SRT-8