Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98' turbo TA vs. 2.3 whipple cobra

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 04:34 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 19trans_am98
ahh its a rough guess....just going by what my nitrous motor put to the wheels....next step is to finish up my a2w intercooler and see what kind of gains i get....oh and car is still on the factory 10 bolt with 3.73 gears
Dude I'm sure you are making more then 500rwhp. Just put it this way I have a mod motor basicly just like a 03 cobra motor with a single 76mm on it and at 15psi. I was putting down 675rwhp 625rwtq thru a 6spd. So I'm sure with a bigger motor and bigger turbo you are probably puttting out more then that.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:34 PM
10 Second Club

at the most probably 550....may have a bigger motor but my heads dont flow as well stock vs. stock 4v head's...they just have stiffer springs other than that they have never been touched....loosing alot of power through the stall and old *** turbo 350 automatic transmission....but who knows....guess i need to get it dynoed so i really know what it has
Old 07-07-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CoolAid
lol wheres all the "usual" Ford SR&K posters on this one? Too much of a deciding win? Not enough there to bench race with?
What's to say? That's a wicked TA he has there.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That TA sounds nasty. Great kill.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

lol wheres all the "usual" Ford SR&K posters on this one? Too much of a deciding win? Not enough there to bench race with?

No I'm serious. Look at any other thread here with the words "Ford" "Mustang" "Cobra" etc and you'll see the usual crowd picking the OP or OPs story/video apart in a ultimate "shoulda, coulda woulda" tirade. No doubt they will now come in to attack me, but seriously, they are usually the first 5 posts under the OP in a "xxx vs Mustang" thread.

OP nice vid. Crazy fast TA.
His TA is a fast TA, no doubt about it. It would be the same if a fast Stang beat an F-body. Obviously you're butthurt from a past SR&K experience. It's okay, champ, the big bad bullies won't come out to get you. How pathetic.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snake95
His TA is a fast TA, no doubt about it. It would be the same if a fast Stang beat an F-body. Obviously you're butthurt from a past SR&K experience. It's okay, champ, the big bad bullies won't come out to get you. How pathetic.
You must have me confused with someone who doesnt actually back their **** up with videos and has far less street cred. Dont take me for some kid posting a written story about taking down a clapped out gutted old news Fox. My **** speaks for itself. Wheres yours? Oh thats right. No videos from the Ford trolls. No proof, no substance, nothing other than tired *** rhetoric. Pathetic is you weak *** Ford trolls who showed up in the last couple months and post nowhere else other than the SR&K to stir **** up.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:17 AM
TECH Regular

He's being a Ford troll, you're being a GM troll. What's the difference?
Old 07-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You must have me confused with someone who doesnt actually back their **** up with videos and has far less street cred. Dont take me for some kid posting a written story about taking down a clapped out gutted old news Fox. My **** speaks for itself. Wheres yours? Oh thats right. No videos from the Ford trolls. No proof, no substance, nothing other than tired *** rhetoric. Pathetic is you weak *** Ford trolls who showed up in the last couple months and post nowhere else other than the SR&K to stir **** up.
Street cred? Seriously? That's so gangsta. On a serious note, just let it go.

Originally Posted by dan03mach
Dude I'm sure you are making more then 500rwhp. Just put it this way I have a mod motor basicly just like a 03 cobra motor with a single 76mm on it and at 15psi. I was putting down 675rwhp 625rwtq thru a 6spd. So I'm sure with a bigger motor and bigger turbo you are probably puttting out more then that.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. His dyno numbers won't be crazy high because of the trans, but he's making a ton of power.
I'd completely believe 650rwhp through the automatic.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks for the laugh!
Old 07-09-2010, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

We just had my friends TA on our dyno and he was running a 78mm front mount turbo as well.
Now he is a built LS1, forged rods and pistons, elderbrock heads worked over by Lingenfelter, but still a LS1 intake, I could kick him I tell ya lol.

Now his gage was reading like 15-16 psi but when we was looking at it through the laptop the MAP sensor was only reading 11psi. He managed to put down 604 on the dyno through a T56 and 9in.
I really feel through that his intake is holding him back but his car does feel fast when riding in it, and the turbo sounds nasty.
I raced him one time last year and once his turbo was spooled and he passed me it sound like a jet going by, kind of hurts your ears a bit lol.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by unit213
Street cred? Seriously? That's so gangsta. On a serious note, just let it go.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. His dyno numbers won't be crazy high because of the trans, but he's making a ton of power.
I'd completely believe 650rwhp through the automatic.
Same here. I just put a TH400 in my car and will have it on the rollers pretty soon. I'll see how much of a loss I will have but I'm sure it will a hell of a lot faster...
Old 07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Teching In

two words.. sling shot!