Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

05 CTS-V vs. Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 CTS-V vs. Lightning

So the other night, me and the wife are coming home from the movies and an apparently custom Lightning rolls by. It's not often that I get to have a good race in the V so I catch up with him. I wasn't sure if it was actually a Lightning or not( no badges and custom wheels), but then he guns it and yeah, it was a Lightning. I was a little slow on the reaction so he stays a half a car in front until we run into traffic. Now I'm getting excited. We get out of the city and on some open road and drop to around 40ish. I drop to 2nd gear, he guns it and I get a good reaction. I jump ahead within a few seconds and by 100 I'm about 3 cars ahead. This repeats 3 more times. Then he flags me down so we stop at a gas station. He asks me if I had a V-10 in that thing! lol. I said no, just a 350. He tells me he has LT headers, full exhaust, smaller supercharger pulley, and a custom tune. He said he runs 13.2 at the track fish tailing all through 1st gear and that my car must run mid to high 12s. I've never brought the V to the track, maybe I should. I'm just scared I'll leave the rear diff fluid at the track.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

High 12's could be doable but you're gonna have to launch the hell out of it to obtain that. Good kill though!

"V-10".... guy has too high of an opinion of his truck if he thinks he just ran with one of the new CTS-V's! Now upgrade them axles and start the mod parade.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

350 lol good kill though

btw watch that superchips handheld, mine ran REAL lean with that programmed i took it off and made more power. It was scary lean and i had a K&N intake and muffler delete at the time as well.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:51 AM
On The Tree

itsslow98,
I got the tuner mainly for the CAGS delete. I might have to take it off now. Maybe I'll get a Cam, headers, and custom tune from Thunder Racing.
Are the Hendrix axles the only thing you've done to your rear end?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just the drivers side axle is hendrix, passenger is stock, i didnt have the 1800 for both and they arent needed at my power level. the drivers side eliminates the wheel hop 95%.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice runs.

If you have a warrenty then track it, if not keep it on the highway

A axle is good to elimate wheel hop, but it wont make your differential bullproof or drag radial proof.

Then new gen 3 diff has been shown to love track abuse and drag radials . but its big coin$$

Quick Reply: 05 CTS-V vs. Lightning