Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Supra bites the dust.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra bites the dust.

So I'm on my way home from the parents place in Murrieta, cruising along the 215 north and I come across this black supra. I slow just a little to check it out see that it seems to be a nice clean example and begin to accelerate again, not aggressively i might add, and he accelerates along with me and pulls up beside me. He revs at me and I hear that it is a turbo model because of the sound of the wastegate. So at this point im thinking sweet car, so I rev back at this point ITS ON. As soon as I put the car back into drive he punches it and puts a 3/4 car length on me before my tranny shifts down and I immediatly stop his pull and begin reeling him in, by the time were hitting 115mph i have a half car on him and am pulling hard (as hard as Luis pulls my bird) and I have to slow because of traffic ahead. He has some more space ahead of him so he passes me and i fall in behind him and we cruise through traffic till we get to another open stretch of the freeway. (at this point I have passed my exit hoping to get a good run in with this guy because i dont want him telling his supra buddies that he beat a trans am by getting the jump on me) sure enough, traffic dissapears ahead of us and we line em up again. I honk it off and to my surprise he doesnt budge,no blip of the throttle, no blow off, nothing! So I am confused and am about to pop it from 2nd, where i had the tranny sitting this time, to driive and I hear his turbo spool so I punch it as well. This time because Im in 2nd I start pulling on him before he can even think about whats happening. I go through into the top of third before I shut it down with 3 car lengths on the guy and traffic approaching. So I move to the right lane, slow down, give the guy a thumbs up and exit the freeway at the next exit to flip a bitch to head home and all i can think about is how well my baby did in her first legit run in a long time.

So just to recap, came across turbo supra, he jumped on me, I reeled him in, we jumped at the same time i put lengths on him.
all in all it was a good night.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think it might have been one of those rare stock ones? Either way, good kill and great job of making SURE he knew it was a loss for him! Impressive for the light mods you got.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Was it a Mark IV supra?
Old 07-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Launching!

Good kill. Their not much stock, modded is another story...
Old 07-18-2010, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DarkKnightRider
So I'm on my way home from the parents place in Murrieta, cruising along the 215 north and I come across this black supra. I slow just a little to check it out see that it seems to be a nice clean example and begin to accelerate again, not aggressively i might add, and he accelerates along with me and pulls up beside me. He revs at me and I hear that it is a turbo model because of the sound of the wastegate. So at this point im thinking sweet car, so I rev back at this point ITS ON. As soon as I put the car back into drive he punches it and puts a 3/4 car length on me before my tranny shifts down and I immediatly stop his pull and begin reeling him in, by the time were hitting 115mph i have a half car on him and am pulling hard (as hard as Luis pulls my bird) and I have to slow because of traffic ahead. He has some more space ahead of him so he passes me and i fall in behind him and we cruise through traffic till we get to another open stretch of the freeway. (at this point I have passed my exit hoping to get a good run in with this guy because i dont want him telling his supra buddies that he beat a trans am by getting the jump on me) sure enough, traffic dissapears ahead of us and we line em up again. I honk it off and to my surprise he doesnt budge,no blip of the throttle, no blow off, nothing! So I am confused and am about to pop it from 2nd, where i had the tranny sitting this time, to driive and I hear his turbo spool so I punch it as well. This time because Im in 2nd I start pulling on him before he can even think about whats happening. I go through into the top of third before I shut it down with 3 car lengths on the guy and traffic approaching. So I move to the right lane, slow down, give the guy a thumbs up and exit the freeway at the next exit to flip a bitch to head home and all i can think about is how well my baby did in her first legit run in a long time.

So just to recap, came across turbo supra, he jumped on me, I reeled him in, we jumped at the same time i put lengths on him.
all in all it was a good night.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Launching!

of course you beat the supra. Only 1 out of 10 is actually fast. You ran into 1 of the slower 9 on this night..

next time you might run into the fast one that runs 12's at 130 mph though so be careful out their bro
Old 07-19-2010, 03:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stockz
Marrietta? Cool story, good kill.. im pretty close if you want.
Murrieta not marrieta.

Was it a Mark IV supra?
no it was a Mk.III
Old 07-19-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Regular

Must have been a stock mk3 turbo, the non turbo 7ms are retarded slow I've got two buddies with em and you can get out and walk faster than them
Old 07-19-2010, 09:19 AM
11 Second Club

Good kill OP, I myself was wondering if it was a MKIV or MKIII.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Staging Troll

mk3 supras, even the 1jzTT arent fast stock..single turbo conversion (even with a ebay t3-t4 hybrid, and tune and they start getting fast..

the mk4's are just badass either modded or stock..

good kill OP
Old 07-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blkjck
mk3 supras, even the 1jzTT arent fast stock..single turbo conversion (even with a ebay t3-t4 hybrid, and tune and they start getting fast..

the mk4's are just badass either modded or stock..

good kill OP
well I know he had at the very least an exhaust and a BOV. because i heard them both. to be honest i was very surprised at how hard i pulled on him, happy, but surprised.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Actually a stock twin turbo 1J in a MK3 with some bolt ons(cam gears,y pipe boost controller) can be a mid 12 sec car. 7M needs more bolt on but mid 12s is not hard.
Keep in mind many guys suffer from LMS,LPS with these cars and go after the big dyno number which makes them easy prey from a dig
Old 07-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Launching!

Mark III Supras are tanks, they run 15s stock.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

They never sold an MK3 with the 1JZ in the US.
The best the states ever got was the 7MGTE.

Nice kill OP.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Many many MK3s have 1Js-its a common swap. Hell there are 24 of them I know just in the Baltimore area.
MK3s are about par with 4th Gen 4 th bodies depending on the year and options. They kept gaining weight every year. Some of the early turbo ones with good driving could sneak in the 14s if they were light(ie no targa,leather or abs)
Old 07-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Killemall
of course you beat the supra. Only 1 out of 10 is actually fast. You ran into 1 of the slower 9 on this night..

next time you might run into the fast one that runs 12's at 130 mph though so be careful out their bro
Ouch! You're trying to incite the diehards aren't you? lmao
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Many many MK3s have 1Js-its a common swap. Hell there are 24 of them I know just in the Baltimore area.
MK3s are about par with 4th Gen 4 th bodies depending on the year and options. They kept gaining weight every year. Some of the early turbo ones with good driving could sneak in the 14s if they were light(ie no targa,leather or abs)
You referring to 4th gen Camaro's? Mark III Supra's at there peak made 232hp and weighed 3400-3500lbs- some could run 14's stock, but most were low to mid 15 second cars. The LT1's- as you well know- were low 14's with occasional high 13 runs stock. That makes them on par with each other?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by twelver12
Must have been a stock mk3 turbo, the non turbo 7ms are retarded slow I've got two buddies with em and you can get out and walk faster than them
Pretty good man.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

I know it's a common swap, but some people were talking as if you could purchase one in the US stock.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I meant weight not power. A stock LT1 would drop kick a stock 7M Supra off the road...
Old 07-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I meant weight not power. A stock LT1 would drop kick a stock 7M Supra off the road...
I figured that was what you meant, but I've had a 4 shot esspresso drink, two cups of coffee, and a soda in the last 6 hours of sheer boredom in a empty office awaiting a phone call. I'm about ready to go all Spanish "running of the bulls" in here and just start bouncing off shi'ite! Arghh! It's kinda hard to type on a laptop when your fingers are shaking...