Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Damn these 2011 stangs.. :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He was a 6 speed. That's one of the first things I asked too. Sorry I didn't mention it earlier. He also asked me and I said it's also 6 speed. He was a cool *** guy too and took the lose like a man. Gave me props and went on his way.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

@Snake_Skinner I also love what it says on your location lol.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why thank you, yes im a GM nutswinger and i prove it ANYTIME i get the chance. When you all took off who got the jump and by how much?
Old 07-23-2010, 02:56 AM
TECH Addict

NO ******* way you beat that stang, with an average driver they run 12's and trap 115....I am so confused right now.

in b4 the stang owners explain this ****
Old 07-23-2010, 03:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know right, i just kept watching it and was like this dont make sense. Is it possible the 5.0 was in badly need of a driver mod and Mannyman's legit in that area? Time for me to go five o hunting to find out on my own.

Last edited by Snake_Skinner; 07-23-2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:04 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well considering it wasn't even CLOSE, you definitely had the driver mod on that one... good kill
Old 07-23-2010, 03:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you watch in slow motion the mustang was driving in reverse... thats why it lost.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
why thank you, yes im a GM nutswinger and i prove it ANYTIME i get the chance. When you all took off who got the jump and by how much?
We both took off even and Intantly pulled, his 1st gear was too short. Usual mustang thing
Old 07-23-2010, 04:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know right, i just kept watching it and was like this dont make sense. Is it possible the 5.0 was in badly need of a driver mod and Mannyman's legit in that area? Time for me to go five o hunting to find out on my own.
Even with a driver mod, it's only gaining 2 cars most. Still not enough
Old 07-23-2010, 04:24 AM
10 Second Club

Nice run and video! Finally there is video to negate the usual bs.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Nice mannyman. All I can say is ANYTHING can happen on the street. Are you sure that it was a 5.0. I couldn't really tell in your first post. Nice kill! Keep up the good work.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 93sspcoupe
all street racing is reckless, thats why its ILLEGAL
You pick and choose your spots to reduce the risk. Guess you didn't know that.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

Fanfuckingtastic.

I really doubted you, but you showed me eh?

Nice kill
Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

get out of here with that

I loved it.

Great Kill Mannyman. Im still taking it in. Not only did you get the new 5.0 in action against a stock f-body you walked em! Im guessing the 5.0 was auto?
that's moronic. A) the op and his friend are nuts and immature for being lazy not to find a better spot. B) unless your "Stock" F-body runs low 12's AT LEAST... you're not pulling a new GT like that. Your friend can't drive or you dusted him on the RT. what did you have on him by 60mph? 4 cars? gtfo
Old 07-23-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

I think its time i go find me a 2011 gt to meet me at the track.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ferg95 T/A
Nice mannyman. All I can say is ANYTHING can happen on the street. Are you sure that it was a 5.0. I couldn't really tell in your first post. Nice kill! Keep up the good work.
I'm 100% sure it was a 5.0. It was a California style stang, and he even said himself that it was a 5.0 six speed.

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
that's moronic. A) the op and his friend are nuts and immature for being lazy not to find a better spot. B) unless your "Stock" F-body runs low 12's AT LEAST... you're not pulling a new GT like that. Your friend can't drive or you dusted him on the RT. what did you have on him by 60mph? 4 cars? gtfo
That spot isn't bad, he also chose it since he said he wanted to do it quick. Plus, let's say I did get him on launch only. Shouldn't of he cought up a bit atleast? Because I wouldn't see him gaining at all, I would just keep pulling as I went through gears.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
I think its time i go find me a 2011 gt to meet me at the track.
Handle man. I feel like it's just a big hype that ford did to bring buyers to the new stang, all that money for nothing.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

Nice kill OP!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mannyman84
I'm 100% sure it was a 5.0. It was a California style stang, and he even said himself that it was a 5.0 six speed.

That spot isn't bad, he also chose it since he said he wanted to do it quick. Plus, let's say I did get him on launch only. Shouldn't of he cought up a bit atleast? Because I wouldn't see him gaining at all, I would just keep pulling as I went through gears.
i dont doubt it being a 5.0 at all, I have counted seeing atleast 7 this week alone in the hollywood area
Old 07-23-2010, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

that's moronic. A) the op and his friend are nuts and immature for being lazy not to find a better spot.
Street racins bad m'kay!

Your not the first person to mention it, its already been said. ZOMG! People were around! Yes I get it. I dont race in town either but I dont come to a Street Racing section to berate people about their choices. A few of you tried to turn his thread into ZOMG your crazy! And it didnt work, so get over it and lets move on to lame bench racing:

B) unless your "Stock" F-body runs low 12's AT LEAST... you're not pulling a new GT like that. Your friend can't drive or you dusted him on the RT. what did you have on him by 60mph? 4 cars? gtfo
ORLY? Cause from what I saw on the video it did pull him like that. You see on the net all we have is words and BS and videos. The videos are gospel because its the closest thing to the truth the car wars will ever get. Whos to say the other guy wasnt stock either or that he doesnt have a few Wallys at home for bracket racing awesomeness driving. Its always driving with the disbelievers huh? Well guess ******* what. Driving is 50% of the race/racing hobby. Enough of trying to discredit a kill because the other guy couldnt drive. Take a minute to collect your thoughts and truly ponder to yourself WHOS ******* FAULT IS THAT? Wait I know, maybe we should give the other guy a few lessons first. Maybe we should contact that guy who gets 10s in stock Z Vettes and have him pinch drive instead. While Im at it, I'll buy the other guy a few extra mods and even put them on his car too since you, know, I feel bad its not FAIR and all.

When you come to these streets bring everything you got and hope you can drive the hell out of it. 50% car and parts, 50% driver = 100% of the race. No more gay *** excuses and reasons the other guy lost just to try to quantify how your horse lost the race. Street racing is what it is. You either win, or lose. There is no such thing as "fair" on the street and if you cant drive, well thats your own ***. Maybe one day UNICEF will get into the street racing business and hire professional drivers to race peoples races for them to avoid the eventual "BS flag".

Like I said, all the net has to go off of is the video and the video doesnt lie. Another unbeatable 5.0 gets beat by a stock/barely modified LS1. Maybe if people didnt deep throat the 5.0 when it came out it wouldnt be as big of a deal but the vids are piling up.