Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Heads/Cam/100 Shot 2002 Z28 vs Ported Cobra and SICK Stroker Notch

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heads/Cam/100 Shot 2002 Z28 vs Ported Cobra and SICK Stroker Notch

I was supposed to meet up with some guy that my brother knows through work to race a couple of his friends. At the same time, my friend said that he was getting set up for a race last night too. We ended up meeting up with the guy setting up the races and it turns out that we were being set up to race each other without anyone realizing it, haha.

My car is a heads/cam/100 shot 2002 Z28 M6. Estimated 520 rwhp 590 rwtq:

My friend's car is a 2004 Cobra with a ported blower that made 502 rwhp and 470 rwtq:

The race was from 40 mph with both cars in 2nd, to the top my 4th gear. Both cars had a passenger. (Keep in mind everyone freaking out when I raced that black ported Cobra and I had low bottle pressure).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BxGRalKJuk

Coming soon with be a rematch with the Cobra on a 75 shot, making 574/618.

Next up I ran my other friend who has a badass notchback Mustang. The car has a 349 stroker with redlines at 8000 rpm, faceplated trans, and a race weight of less than 3300 lbs. With the old motor the car went 9.50 @ 144 mph on a 225 shot:

He raced me on motor and I sprayed. We went from 40 mph and I had a passenger. The car is no joke! (sorry for the poor video quality, but you get the idea)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gva5rCqrzw

Awesome night of racing last night! Everyone hung out before and after and everyone is friends so there was no BS, just good friendly competition!

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 08-01-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Awesome runs guys, wish I had my car out last night would have loved to get some runs in.

Goes to show how much bottle pressure affects the races , its interesting to compare these races with ours (so many factors go into them).

Definately gotta get some videos with SRZ, had awesome runs before but none on video.

Last edited by BlwnMach1; 08-01-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Awesome cars. You did a lot better than I thought VS that Notch and you just raped that Cobra!! I think you might have won without juice.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That notchback is sick. Too bad he and I didn't get any clean runs in because they would have been awesome. I'm assuming that result with the Cobra was more along the lines of what people expected the last time you ran one. Just goes to show how much of a difference equal passengers and a full bottle make. I think your bottle was running on fumes last time when you ran that other ported Cobra, just enough to hang with him. This time it was much different with a full, heated bottle.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good kill on the cobra, thats what I expected to see last time.

And that notch, damm that thing sounded amazing!
Old 08-01-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now thats the outcome i expected on that black cobra you raced! you def raped that cobra! and the notch is pretty badass!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:44 PM

Thanks, these were some very fun races! We're already talking about the next round, which we want to do in the daytime so the videos come out better.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Teching In

lol @ all the people who said your motor is fucked.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

wow that 349 SCREAMS at 8k!!! MORE awesome vids man
Old 08-01-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

That foxbody isn't the one that had the big procharger on it was it? Guy is at marks a lot? Anyways that is one bad foxbody. And I would have to say your motor is running pretty good haha. I'd love to get a few of the races with the GN for the vid I'm putting together if you can get them to me. Not sure how to do it online though!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
That foxbody isn't the one that had the big procharger on it was it? Guy is at marks a lot? Anyways that is one bad foxbody. And I would have to say your motor is running pretty good haha. I'd love to get a few of the races with the GN for the vid I'm putting together if you can get them to me. Not sure how to do it online though!
Are you refering to marks cruise on mondays?

Ive heard about this spot for sometime now but haven't ever made it down.

How is it?

hook me up with some details
Old 08-01-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
Are you refering to marks cruise on mondays?

Ive heard about this spot for sometime now but haven't ever made it down.

How is it?

hook me up with some details
It's the best car show you'll ever go to. 500+ cars on average. Last monday there were 915 total. They have a site if you want to check it out. www.markscruisenight.com

I'll be there tomorrow granted it doesn't rain.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
lol @ all the people who said your motor is fucked.
Haha, yeah it was funny when I had the worst heads and cam setup ever based off of two races.

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
wow that 349 SCREAMS at 8k!!! MORE awesome vids man
Thanks man, that notch is a badass car. It was quite eye opening when he told me that he shifts it as 8000 rpm. That trans seems to work pretty well from the sound of those shifts!

I don't think this car ever had a blower on it. Pretty sure it's been a nitrous car since right after he got it.

I'll definitely get you the races if you have a zip drive or something for me to throw them on.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I don't think this car ever had a blower on it. Pretty sure it's been a nitrous car since right after he got it.

I'll definitely get you the races if you have a zip drive or something for me to throw them on.
I never even thought about a zip drive. I'll bring you mine next time I see you.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Nice kill and death I guess. Yes much better than your lost to that black ported cobra. I couldn't believe it

Last edited by 01SuperSport; 08-03-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Teching In

That notch is just plain nasty!!!! Good kill on the cobra that looks much more like the results I was expecting last time. Cant wait for the vids with it on spray too!
Old 08-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Teching In

It's the best car show you'll ever go to. 500+ cars on average. Last monday there were 915 total. They have a site if you want to check it out. www.markscruisenight.com

I'll be there tomorrow granted it doesn't rain.
I assume they don't allow any imports of any kind?
Old 08-01-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

They let anything in. Import, off road, muscle car. As long as it's not a total piece you'll get it.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Teching In

They let anything in. Import, off road, muscle car. As long as it's not a total piece you'll get it.
I was wondering about the Genesis lol
The guys at BK we're pretty big d-bags to him when he accidentally tried to pull in during their elite meet with 25 parking spots open.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by 01SuperSport
Yes much better than you lost to that black ported cobra. I couldn't believe it
I think the rematch with the black Cobra is going to have me out in front, but I think it's going to be alot closer than this race was. Time will tell!

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
I was wondering about the Genesis lol
The guys at BK we're pretty big d-bags to him when he accidentally tried to pull in during their elite meet with 25 parking spots open.
Yeah, that BK cruise is BS. It could be cool, but the guy that runs it is so full of himself that he ruins it. I like walking around and checking out the cars, but I never park in the show itself.

The last straw for me was a couple years ago when he wanted people to donate money for parking cones and then used the same cones that he used my money to buy to keep me out of an open parking spot that he was saving for his friend

I would like to check out the Mark's cruise some time though.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 08-01-2010 at 10:19 PM.