Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 SS vs 99 SS vs E39 M5

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 98 SS vs 99 SS vs E39 M5

Both SS's have bolt ons with long tube headers. I don't know his FULL mod list, but I do know he has 4:30 gears. We only got one clean run in so here's the story. We ran from 50mph and on his 3rd honk we hit it. I pulled a 1/2 car right away and when I shifted to 3rd I was still about a 1/2 car on him. Then we let off because of a bend in the road.

We were going to do it one more time when this blue M5 pulls up out of no where. He looks over at me and I get behind him because of a car in my lane. He instantly hits it and I follow, closing the gap, but I let off because he started to swerve through traffic. I finally catch back up to him 3 miles down the freeway and I pull up next to him. As I pull to his window he looks over and motions with hands as if to say "Shew away". I was like because he probably thinks he smoked me. Now I see why BMW owners are labeled the way they are.

So me and my friends 98 SS will do a rematch again. He said this weekend, but I have work. Maybe sometime next week we'll do it. I'm actually kind of mad I didn't get a run in with that M5
Old 08-10-2010, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

prolly would of went like this but worse lol, i wander if it was the same guy. was it driven by a young kid?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_DMD...layer_embedded