Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

couple races, 02 z28 vs 02 z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple races, 02 z28 vs 02 z28

ok me and a friend of mine have been wanting to try our cars against each other for awhile. he pulled on my cts-v a little, actually more as speeds got higher. so he wanted a crack at my camaro, but he is scared of getting caught. so we went way down a back road to a long straight stretch of road, no houses for cars to pull out of, we could see for probably a half mile or more down the road. we lined up and i honked 3 times. he was spinning pretty bad, and i spun some let up, then got back into it about 3/4 throttle thru 1st, banged 2nd went WOT, i looked in my rear-view and he was falling back fast. i probably put 6 lengths on him from 0 to something over 100, i wound out 4th then let out.
we went to eat and he kept saying he spun to much, i told him its not my fault he runs around on bicycle tires, I'm on 315 BFG DR's, lol. so he wanted a roll. we are heading back home and theres no traffic in front of us, so we line up and honk it off, im in 3rd, we hit dead on both at the same time and i pull him hard, just thru 3rd i went from even to at LEAST a car between us, we line up again, same thing but i hit 4th and make it even worse.
well, we get home and he finally gave my car some credit. see after my utterly disappointing dyno he has been thinking he could hang with my car. he told me that on the dig run, even when i was spinning, i was yanking him bad. i love these tires but at like 500 miles they are shot.

him- long tube headers, off road y-pipe, slp loudmouth catback

me- 408, ported l92 heads, torquer 2 cam, 90mm TB, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears
Old 08-16-2010, 09:03 AM
11 Second Club

sounds like he never had a chance
Old 08-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
sounds like he never had a chance
well, his car runs strong for only exhaust, and my car is weak for what it has done, so he had some chance, but his tires handicap him bad. the roll runs really showed the torque of a 408. i dont like to race on roads with any kind of traffic so we only did a pull thru 1 gear or so, but with as hard as i pulled him it was pretty obvious.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Launching!

It's always good to hear about some good f-body vs f-body action haha. Props to you guys, and as you both know where to improve, things should get interesting REALLY quick when you continue modding! Pumped to hear about more races in the future