Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a 7th gen celica after it kept playing around

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Killed a 7th gen celica after it kept playing around

I was in a 98 Camaro Z28, borla adjustable catback, slp lid, and m6 (3.42 gears stock),lower control arms, bilstein shocks, springs, torque arm, adj. panhard bar. and z06 clutch.

He was in a 7th gen celica, not sure if it was a GT, or GT-S, so 160-180 hp, and I'm guessing it had an intake in addition to his exhaust since he had an AEM license plate holder, and it was manual.

On to the story.

So last night around 11pm I decided to go for a drive with my little brother, I'm driving down Carson which is a nice long empty road that I like to go on that eventually hits the freeway which I take back home. So I'm going, and for a good 2 miles I have this Celica pacing me, and giving it some gas, meanwhile I'm cruising in 5th gear which I love because with the plate in the exhaust, the cars exhaust volume is completely under my control to the point where the car is silent if I'm at low rpm/in a high gear, or burbling and throaty if I'm keeping it upward of 2500 rpm.

So he keeps doing this, and I finally give in(I didn't want to do it because my 15 year old brother was in the car, but I figured the speed wouldn't get to high, maybe 60 or 70 till I made my point about screwing around, but still, I shouldn't have done it to begin with)

Light changes green as i get to it, I get in first gear beforehand, and keep rolling along side him. You can hear his weedwhacker exhaust getting louder and louder when he floors it, I do the same, by the time I hit 3rd where I let off and start braking to let him catch up, he's hard to see in the rear view mirror and he swings around to make a u turn and heads off in the other direction.

Me and my brother have a laugh and continue the drive.

As a side note, I just gotta say I love this goddamn exhaust. It came on the car when I got it, and it's just amazing the amount of control it has. It's like I have my own little volume control **** in the car. I've had 2 guys in hondas ask me why I put the Z28 badge on it since it's a V6, and I've had 4 more races that I know for a fact only happened because they thought it was a v6 they could pick on.

The dumbass questions about why put the Z badges on it ended up making me decide to do what I wanted to begin with and I took them off, so now, along with the borla dual intercooled tips I removed when I got the car, to most people it just looks like a v6 till I want it to make some noise.

Cliffnotes: Celica with exhaust and I'm guessing intake kept egging me on for a good 2-3 miles got the hit and then left behind badly, then proceeds to bust a u while I slow down for him after I gave in.

Last edited by SSkull; 08-30-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You like puppy kicking don't you? Debadging a 13 yr old car? Any legit race you could have gotten into will not happen if they think you are a V6. Of course if you just like beating up on easy to kill guys then thats your call I guess:

But would you like it if I bebadged, defin'd, and replaced my rear valance and front grill and put on Bayern Mesh rims so you would think it was some debadged 525 BMW than proceded to rape your car?

Actually, I'm going to mod my car just like I mentioned above. So how can i talk?
Old 08-30-2010, 07:11 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hah, yea. I mean, I would be worried if I was looking to initiate races in the camaro, but every race I've been in, in that car so far has been started up by the other driver. Personally I can't stand people that rev their engines at others, so I would be an ******* to do that to others. Also why I don't hang out with people with fbodies around here. Its like they have something to prove.

As for the m5, if I were for some reason to initiate a race, it would be in my procharged c6 since that's the 'fun car'
Heh

Old 08-30-2010, 09:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Puppy kicking is fun once in a while, but I wouldn't bother doing it all the time. Waste of gas and time. Hell I turned down 2 stock 2v races this weekend because the result was inevitable.

Quick Reply: Killed a 7th gen celica after it kept playing around