Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2010 Camaro SS BUILD vs WS6 WITH VIDEO!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm starting to love watching your vids man, had to go full screen for this one! Nice!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by scramblerman
just goes to show you that the new camaros are ****** pigs!
Your Ws6 runs really good. Was thinking after he did his mods you guys would be close motor vs motor. DAMN!
More like ******* cows.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Totally agreed, your car just makes his look slow! And another thing... you let your friend put lambo doors and a lame looking body kit on his car? Whats up with that friendship? :scratch head:

Power Director 5 Express (from Cyberlink). Try out the free download version first. By far the simplest and easiest way I've found to convert GoPro and JVC formats. Just throw all the different vids up into the left hand screen and it will take care of the different formats automatically as you drag n drop them into the film reel below. I've literally tried every freeware or demo out there and Power Director is the only one that could make it simple AND output a HD video that YouTube accepts.

Quick Note: when done compiling hit "Produce", then "Create a File", then ".Mpeg2" then "(HD) MPEG2, 720P" - Or use "1080P" if your camera can film at that level.
[QUOTE= just goes to show you that the new camaros are ****** pigs!
Your Ws6 runs really good. Was thinking after he did his mods you guys would be close motor vs motor. DAMN![/QUOTE]

I think a lotta of my edge from 40 is on the launch with those 4.10's. I'm sure if the Camaro had 4.10's, the result woulda been WAY different....but who knows. I'll suggest that be his next mod

As far as the file conversion, I've finally settled on MPEG Streamclip. It's free and seems to work quickly and perfect for converting from .MP4 to .MOV, which is the most universal format I found to import into Adobe Premiere. I think a lotta of my problem was once I got the vid into Premiere. If you've never used Premiere, it's a VERY high-end app, so I had to make sure I had all the project parameters setup corrrectly, then render into the proper dimension and format. Got a pretty good system now. Just have a few issues with FPS discrepancy, but no big deal.
I'll get more high end projects out there for you guys!! Seems like you're liking the footage
Old 08-30-2010, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gohard
I'm starting to love watching your vids man, had to go full screen for this one! Nice!
Hey, thanks dude!! I'm really tryin to take my vids serious and put some quality stuff out there. Glad you're liking them
Old 08-30-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

That 2010 Camaro is slow for its mods.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your trans am moves out hard man! Sounds bad *** too.

As far as that camaro, I'm disgusted......thats the reason I bought a mustang. Give me a solid axle and simple RWD set up and I'm happy. Screw independent rears and all the other fancy BS like GPS. It's cool in something like a CTS-V but keep it away from our camaros. Dumb move GM.

Long live the 4th gens.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:50 PM
yfz
Teching In

The camaro is alright minus all the cosmetic work. Even stock they are ugly imo.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RekjavicXXX
Hey, thanks dude!! I'm really tryin to take my vids serious and put some quality stuff out there. Glad you're liking them
I'm thinking you should do videos for people for money: For instance, I've got probably 30-40minutes worth of car and bike races/racing. By the end of this summer I'll have double that! But I suck at figuring out how to do more than cut n paste, trim, and filter. So how much would you charge?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I'm thinking you should do videos for people for money: For instance, I've got probably 30-40minutes worth of car and bike races/racing. By the end of this summer I'll have double that! But I suck at figuring out how to do more than cut n paste, trim, and filter. So how much would you charge?
Well, if you're serious, then I suppose we could work something out. I hadn't entertained that idea, but I do enjoy doing it, so bet could get ya some awesome productions! PM me if ya wanna do it
Old 08-31-2010, 09:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by scramblerman
just goes to show you that the new camaros are ****** pigs!
Your Ws6 runs really good. Was thinking after he did his mods you guys would be close motor vs motor. DAMN!
lol......
Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Very unimpressed with the 5th gen but your car is sick. I'd like to run your friend spray for spray cause I see it has Louisiana plates.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Very unimpressed with the 5th gen but your car is sick. I'd like to run your friend spray for spray cause I see it has Louisiana plates.
You have a little video of your car against one of these cows, right?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chaman
You have a little video of your car against one of these cows, right?
Yeah very brief. I want to run a modded one though
Old 08-31-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

Am I the only one who thought that the cam installer was being careless when he was installing the cam??

It sounds like those cam bearings took a freaken beating when the cam was being thrown in!!!!! LMAO!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Where about are you guys located in LA?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by STAGEUP
Am I the only one who thought that the cam installer was being careless when he was installing the cam??

It sounds like those cam bearings took a freaken beating when the cam was being thrown in!!!!! LMAO!!!
He raped the block with no lube
Old 08-31-2010, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RekjavicXXX
Oh yea!! Especially the one of your ws6 build. That one was a great video bro!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hopefully he wrecked them so he can put a real cam in there lol.. that install was brutal

why someone would convert the L99 into an LS3 is beyond me? i just don't get the effort v the results? no real surprise here, good setup in the TA vs a basic LS3 SS with a converter. Those 40+ races only magnify the problems. the Stalled SS would (or in this case SHOULD) hang or beat the TA from a dig, but on the move you know how much is lost.. PLUS the fact that the 6spd auto does not gain all that much with a stall.. My friend runs 10.9-11.0 in his L99 stock stall d1sc procharged SS on DR's. ah. he blew that build imo.. shame.

ps. your TA is nice best of luck with the rebuild.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Launching!

Can't believe how awesome that WS6 was! Holding it's own and more with a significant disadvantage in hp! Go F-Bodys!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice job and nice WS6!!

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro SS BUILD vs WS6 WITH VIDEO!!