Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Afternoon racing: LS1s, fox body, BMW **vids**

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
They would have to be ignorant if they dont know anything about LSx motors by now.
Yep... I even know a few who think LSx swapped imports are really awesome but any time I show them a well built fbody or even corvette they add their little snide comment, "Yeah but just in the 1/4 mile, my [insert random jap/euro car] would smoke them on the track."

Yes, I legitimately heard that [and names will not be disclosed] this guy's 1995 240sx with the stock KA block in it with nothing but like a straight pipe would beat a 1) S/c mini cooper (S), 2) any ls1 fbody w/ any amount of mods 3) an "old" corvette (i think he meant c5) 4) he'd be TIED with my car.

I cannot believe how dense some people are. And to be honest he's not entirely stupid, he's pretty knowledgable about... well his car. Just shows that you can appear to be really smart about some stuff but completely ignorant about everything else.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its usually people new to the car/racing scene that are ignorant of what else is out there...but there are always very knowledgable and been around for a while yet they still believe their **** is the baddest or their brand or whatever. Pride in your car only goes so far, then it becomes ignorance.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Yep... I even know a few who think LSx swapped imports are really awesome but any time I show them a well built fbody or even corvette they add their little snide comment, "Yeah but just in the 1/4 mile, my [insert random jap/euro car] would smoke them on the track."

Yes, I legitimately heard that [and names will not be disclosed] this guy's 1995 240sx with the stock KA block in it with nothing but like a straight pipe would beat a 1) S/c mini cooper (S), 2) any ls1 fbody w/ any amount of mods 3) an "old" corvette (i think he meant c5) 4) he'd be TIED with my car.

I cannot believe how dense some people are. And to be honest he's not entirely stupid, he's pretty knowledgable about... well his car. Just shows that you can appear to be really smart about some stuff but completely ignorant about everything else.

Well he would be tied with your car

At the start of the race.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedRides
******' twink. How's he feeling now that the red ***** Camaro whooped up on him?
Yep, hes a twink alright talking like that. BMWs suck
Old 09-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WSsick
Well today Im in class so well see what happens afterwards. Ill text you if i can, we suck at this Ill try and get the red Z out to play, but he works then goes to night school so well see.

Where did you get the ported TB from? I just found $63 in my paypal the other day and itching to spend it.

My car is the blue one, only in 2 races. The red one is my friends, and yes, it needs gears horribly.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I opted to pay full price with core charge which is alittle over $100, and im going to return my current one to him when i take it off for a refund of $50, so with 15 shipping it's $65 total after you get ur refund.

Or you can do his exchange, where u take it off now and send it to him, and its only $60, basically i didnt want my car down since i drive it a lot, choices! lol

He's on this site as well, ( WS6nJAX ) seems like he does quality porting jobs.

Update: here's the side by side, not too bad, polished spring too which he offers free.

Last edited by mischief; 09-13-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

Looks like you guys had a fun day overall!!! Would have been fun to throw my car in that mix especially against the OP. WSsick your car sounds good dude!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Brocks a noob and you have one of those "special LS1 builds" that everyone insists doesnt exist. Friend of mine has one of those in '02 WS6 form. Man he's my personal "nemesis"!! It's now me with heads/cam versus him on a 150 shot and I know I'll lose again:

which is why I'll be sporting a 100 shot myself in the next few weeks: after I get home from my trip to Cali where i'm at once again.
Im confused what you mean by special builds...
Old 09-13-2010, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Trav's_TransAm
Looks like you guys had a fun day overall!!! Would have been fun to throw my car in that mix especially against the OP. WSsick your car sounds good dude!!!
Thanks man, should have some more vids coming tonight Me, mach boy, and mischief are heading out, bringing my friend with the red Z along too. the 96 cobra wont answer so i guess he doesnt want to play.

Im confused what you mean by special builds...
I have no idea wtf he meant by that either, I think he was on crack at the time.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like it should be a fun night!!! What mods are done to the mach? From the way your car runs and the time you have posted we would be a really interesting match up except for the damn distance that seperates us!! lol
Old 09-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
I have no idea wtf he meant by that either, I think he was on crack at the time.
Replace "special builds", with "factory freaks"
Old 09-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Sounds like it should be a fun night!!! What mods are done to the mach? From the way your car runs and the time you have posted we would be a really interesting match up except for the damn distance that seperates us!! lol
4.10s, full exhaust, mild cams as far as aftermarket goes for our cars (FR500s), ported intake, bolt-ons. I just had a T56 put in the car last week with a new clutch. I'm having to relearn how to drive the car again.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
4.10s, full exhaust, mild cams as far as aftermarket goes for our cars (FR500s), ported intake, bolt-ons. I just had a T56 put in the car last week with a new clutch. I'm having to relearn how to drive the car again.
Im stealing this for the thread Ill be making once I get all the videos together. BTW your car sounded GREAT driving away. I could tell you were relearning though I think the outcome will be VERY different when you can drive the nuts off it though. I wanna say it was maybe 3-3.5 by 110, Im a bad judge of distance.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

would have been a different race if the red z28 had 3.73's. Still, good races.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:59 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr370z

All to often the Z/G guys do forget about torque. I had a G37 rated at 330hp at the crank. No way in hell I could beat my fbody even with some mods on the G37. A 370z is a bit lighter and will do better, but the torque is just not in the vq37hr. Full mods on my g37 and I put down 240wtq.

Quick Reply: Afternoon racing: LS1s, fox body, BMW **vids**