Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Maybe I'm Old Fashioned....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe I'm Old Fashioned....

So I'm sitting at a red light in Lexington tonight, minding my own business in my red/white trans am.....and through the intersection comes a '69 Camaro. Being colorblind, all I know is that it was dark...I'm thinking black or green with white stripes. The driver revs as it goes through the intersection. Ok, I'm game, I assume he's wanting me to follow. The passenger in the Camaro then feels the need to flip me off as they continue through the intersection. Wtf.

Thought about it, but decided against it. Had it been someone with at least the bottom levels of mutual admiration and respect for the vehicles then sure I'd take a quick run. But what is the need for the animosity and hatred? Somehow my '98 Trans Am is inferior to your '69 Camaro? I think not.

Does this mean I'm out of touch? Or was this just a dumbass kid driving around in daddies car?

For whoever it was that decided to be an *** hat tonight; after obtaining my concealed carry permit, I'm much nicer to people on the road....just sayin.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wrong section.
Belongs in the lounge.

Though, I have encountered a similar situation.
The only time I gesture anything at someone is when they're driving like a jackass.
Even then, it's normally something like a thumbs down and a head shake.
Actually, I've had people get really upset over a thumbs down. It's hilarious IMO.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with you OP; win or lose, there has to be mutual respect and good sportsmanship.

I had a passenger in the car with me once who wasn't too familiar with the racing/automotive world. I happened to get a race that afternoon and when we passed the other car, I noticed my passenger hanging out the window yelling and taunting the other driver as I walked him. Who knows, maybe the driver of the Camaro had a non-informed passenger as I did that day.