Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010 | 11:31 PM
Teching In

Default Charger SRT-8 vs 2010 LS3 Camaro SS

Mods
Charger: Corsa Exhaust otherwise stock
Camaro: Bone Stock

The Race
Crusing on the highway last night hoping to find something to run which is rare out here in this part of Cali. These parts are filled with rich guys with Lambos, Ferraris, Maseratis etc etc and they are never willing to line up they just wait until you get close and take off going in and out of traffic. So I see these aggressive looking lights coming up behind me and sure enough it was a '10 Camaro SS. He threw me a rev so I stepped on it for a sec and let off so he would know that I was down to run. We slowed down a bit so we could get some open highway and let the traffic ahead get far enough to where we could stop safely after we run. Ive only had this car for about a week now so Im still learning the best mph's for roll racing, so not wanting to risk getting smoked by the delay of the automatic I put the car in auto-stick mode and dropped the car into 1st. He did a 3 honk, we were off dead even for about 3-4 seconds I had my girlfriend with me so I kept asking her how close is he and she responded "hes at your rear bumper but you are slowly pulling on him" we went all the way to about 115-120 when I let off he was about 1.5 cars back. He followed me to the next exit and asked me what was done to it and I responded Corsa Exhaust, what about you? he then said he just got the car 2 days ago and It was all stock, I then asked is it a Auto or 6-Speed he responded its a 6-Speed with the LS3 and that he was surprised how good the srt-8 ran, waved and then went on our separate ways. I havent had this car long at all but from the way it runs I can say its eather dead ever or a hair faster then my old WS6, It definitely feels faster with all the low end power but I dont know. I have raced '10 Camaros in my old WS6 and I beat them by a similar amount.

Cliff Notes
Charger SRT-8 vs 2010 LS3 Camaro SS
Charger wins by 1.5 cars to 115-120
Old 09-19-2010 | 11:36 PM
Staging Lane
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Mods
Charger: Corsa Exhaust otherwise stock
Camaro: Bone Stock

The Race
Crusing on the highway last night hoping to find something to run which is rare out here in this part of Cali. These parts are filled with rich guys with Lambos, Ferraris, Maseratis etc etc and they are never willing to line up they just wait until you get close and take off going in and out of traffic. So I see these aggressive looking lights coming up behind me and sure enough it was a '10 Camaro SS. He threw me a rev so I stepped on it for a sec and let off so he would know that I was down to run. We slowed down a bit so we could get some open highway and let the traffic ahead get far enough to where we could stop safely after we run. Ive only had this car for about a week now so Im still learning the best mph's for roll racing, so not wanting to risk getting smoked by the delay of the automatic I put the car in auto-stick mode and dropped the car into 1st. He did a 3 honk, we were off dead even for about 3-4 seconds I had my girlfriend with me so I kept asking her how close is he and she responded "hes at your rear bumper but you are slowly pulling on him" we went all the way to about 115-120 when I let off he was about 1.5 cars back. He followed me to the next exit and asked me what was done to it and I responded Corsa Exhaust, what about you? he then said he just got the car 2 days ago and It was all stock, I then asked is it a Auto or 6-Speed he responded its a 6-Speed with the LS3 and that he was surprised how good the srt-8 ran, waved and then went on our separate ways. I havent had this car long at all but from the way it runs I can say its eather dead ever or a hair faster then my old WS6, It definitely feels faster with all the low end power but I dont know. I have raced '10 Camaros in my old WS6 and I beat them by a similar amount.

Cliff Notes
Charger SRT-8 vs 2010 LS3 Camaro SS
Charger wins by 1.5 cars to 115-120

Nice kill! Super clean car and damn I want those headlights!!
Old 09-20-2010 | 01:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill. We most definatly have to catch a run together.
Old 09-20-2010 | 08:19 AM

Sweet kill dude. Wait until you install an AFE (cai) and the Diablo tune, the WOT upshifts and quick downshifts are amazing. The car will be tough to get traction though, I just demodded my SRT8 300 to sell it and I am amazed how pokey it is now with the factory tune/cai.

If you're interested in my AFE and Diablo tuner, shoot me a pm. I am about to list it on Ebay or LXforums. I also have the 3" SLP catback but I see you have a Corsa.

If you throw some Iridium plugs in there (16) it will idle smoother and the Diablo tuner will keep it running cooler as well with the 160/180 stat. I forgot how warm they run, it is always at 200-220 degress now back at stock.
Old 09-20-2010 | 08:57 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Please do this. No one believes me when I tell them how I hung with a stock SRT8 when I was stock. Get it on video please.
Old 09-20-2010 | 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

nice runs! those SRT8's are no joke. Big cars but they move out really well.
Old 09-20-2010 | 09:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Sweet kill dude. Wait until you install an AFE (cai) and the Diablo tune, the WOT upshifts and quick downshifts are amazing. The car will be tough to get traction though, I just demodded my SRT8 300 to sell it and I am amazed how pokey it is now with the factory tune/cai.

If you're interested in my AFE and Diablo tuner, shoot me a pm. I am about to list it on Ebay or LXforums. I also have the 3" SLP catback but I see you have a Corsa.

If you throw some Iridium plugs in there (16) it will idle smoother and the Diablo tuner will keep it running cooler as well with the 160/180 stat. I forgot how warm they run, it is always at 200-220 degress now back at stock.
Thats what I keep hearing is that a tune and intake will wake this car up alot. I just sent you a PM about the Intake and the Predator also.
Old 09-20-2010 | 09:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Ready when you are!
Old 09-20-2010 | 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Good kill with the sweet new ride. The 6.1 aint no joke.
Old 09-20-2010 | 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NiteRiderWS6, i live in tujunga and wouldnt mind running a SRT especially yours. If you want to run let me know. I dont mind getting beat either its all in fun in the end.
Old 09-20-2010 | 11:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by karpetcm
NiteRiderWS6, i live in tujunga and wouldnt mind running a SRT especially yours. If you want to run let me know. I dont mind getting beat either its all in fun in the end.
Im Always down for a friendly run with a fellow Tech Member, You have the some pretty good mods. I think you will win by a car or so but it could be close. Send Me a PM when you want to run.
Old 09-20-2010 | 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

Nice kill. 55-60mph is the sweet spot for 2nd and 85mph for 3rd. 70mph is a major deadspot for 3rd.

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2

x2