Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Niteriderws6 (Charger SRT-8) vs Mannyman84 (WS6) *Videos*

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Nice runs. What speed did you guys start at? You were holding a gear and ESP partially/fully off?
Could you explain this? I thought you could only turn the ESP off or On. And I dont get what you mean by holding a gear. Im still new to these cars.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mannyman84
That's how it is. A lot of them get so cocky because they think HP specs is everything, but they forget about weight. I had a guy with an srt8 300c telling me he was going to dust me because he had more HP and he had a bigger engine. Poor guy didn't know what he had coming. At least Nite knows what he is dealing with when he runs an LS car. Hey Nite are you planning on getting another LS in the future?
my next LS car will be a new LS3 C6 or a low mile C6Z
Old 09-24-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gohard
You have the dual tips meaning quads right? I bet you have a slp exhaust. "SLP" is etched on the tips if you look very close at them.
No not slp. These tips are fatter. And in no wat sounds like SLP
Old 09-24-2010, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Borla maybe? Just jack the thing up and look!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gohard
Borla maybe? Just jack the thing up and look!
Or put a corsa on it
Old 09-24-2010, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a picture.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

After looking at the picture of the muffler again, it really looks like a Magnaflow muffler. Magnaflow also offer's dual tips, take a pic of those and we may be able to tell whether its a full magnaflow system or something else.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

Like I said before, I think the rest of the piping looks too new to be stock. Mine all rusty except for the FM muffler. You might have a whole catback. Take a video of it revving and a fly by too.

Originally Posted by Badguy7
After looking at the picture of the muffler again, it really looks like a Magnaflow muffler. Magnaflow also offer's dual tips, take a pic of those and we may be able to tell whether its a full magnaflow system or something else.
This is what the Magnaflow 4" tips look like. Do you have these manny?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/9408235-post20.html
Old 09-24-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They look a little different from the ones ur link shows.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:02 PM
12 Second Club

Hmm, I still say take the muffler off and see what it says. I wanna say those almsot look like SLP tips, but the really don't. Maybe Hooker? I know thats a really quiet exhaust, but I'm stumped...although I think you do have a catback, maybe a custom one. Def not stock tips. How does the whole piping look? Like fromt he manifolds back, does it look newish?

Make a vid of the exhaust. Rev, take off, fly by...something to that effect.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know I don't have headers for sure. They are stock and rusty lol. I'm thinking I do have a cat back but idk which one since it has no name on it. I'll make a vid tomorrow
Old 09-24-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WSsick
Hmm, I still say take the muffler off and see what it says. I wanna say those almsot look like SLP tips, but the really don't. Maybe Hooker? I know thats a really quiet exhaust, but I'm stumped...although I think you do have a catback, maybe a custom one. Def not stock tips. How does the whole piping look? Like fromt he manifolds back, does it look newish?

Make a vid of the exhaust. Rev, take off, fly by...something to that effect.
Definately has a catback or custom setup, that I-Pipe is way to clean looking to still be stock and look like that over all these years. Unless that car was a garage queen and never saw rain or snow. Muffler's very clean too.

I still go with Magnaflow muffler but like you mentioned, could be Hooker tips. Mannyman84, do both tips stick out the same or is 1 a little further out then the other (staggered)?? From the pic angle, looks like 1's a bit more out then the other. I know hooker's tips are evenly together.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Definately has a catback or custom setup, that I-Pipe is way to clean looking to still be stock and look like that over all these years. Unless that car was a garage queen and never saw rain or snow. Muffler's very clean too.

I still go with Magnaflow muffler but like you mentioned, could be Hooker tips. Mannyman84, do both tips stick out the same or is 1 a little further out then the other (staggered)?? From the pic angle, looks like 1's a bit more out then the other. I know hooker's tips are evenly together.
The tips are slantted side to match the with the bumper. I would really like to know what it is. I've always said it's stock since I only looked down there once and not till now I noticed the straps that hold the piping with the muffler.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

I know at a local muffler shop they will make a custom cat back that uses a no-name/knock off brand muffler so you could have that.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

The tips are slantted side to match the with the bumper. I would really like to know what it is. I've always said it's stock since I only looked down there once and not till now I noticed the straps that hold the piping with the muffler.
You never thought something was up from the tips that def arent stock?
Old 09-25-2010, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WSsick
You never thought something was up from the tips that def arent stock?
Yeah. But I thought that the previous guy swapped them. That's when I leaned down to look and didn't really pay attention to anything else but the muffler, and saw it was not name brand so I was thinking it's stock.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:22 AM
12 Second Club

Check it out tomorrow, make video, take pics of the entire exhaust, maybe even drop the muffler to check it out and add that **** to your sig
Old 09-25-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol. Ok. Idk about dropping the exhaust, I have no time in my hands for that.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:11 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Could you explain this? I thought you could only turn the ESP off or On. And I dont get what you mean by holding a gear. Im still new to these cars.

When you press the ESP button once, it is partially off. To turn it off totally, start the car, keep it in park and hold the ESP button for 8-10 seconds. It will light up on you dash, ESP OFF.

When you have the CAI/Tuner and ESP off, it feels pretty strong, trust me.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
^ what he said. I came back to this.

Sure. If you didn't follow these steps, ask for a rematch. Not that it means you'll win, but it will be closer.

Press ESP once and it partially turns off. It allows wheelspin but stability control stays on. I drive in this mode every day. Or press it for 6+ seconds and it turns fully-off with no stability control. Just for the dragstrip or if you get a rematch....

Holding a gear means using autostick to select the gear you want to start in. If you just go WOT and wait for the downshift, you'll get pulled by a car length or more. Anything slower than 50mph in 2nd and 80mph in 3rd and you'll be in the deadspots.

I'm sure you know this - get a CAI, Diablo tuner and a dyno tune for 400rwhp and great shifts into 2nd and 3rd vs. stock.